Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stockpiling

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 22 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
GettinBetter wrote:
anyone else seen fuel price reductions?

£1.14 p/l for petrol today.

Fastest U-Turn I've ever done.

Can't remember last time I paid below £1.20's p/l, or £1.25-.26.27.

It's been below £1.20 for a few weeks now ..

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 22 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Just got back from the local big Tesco, where theyre letting NHS staff in an hour before opening to beat the hoardes.

Its still absolute chaos with empty shelves. If this is what "good supply chain, full warehouses, just need time to stock the shelves overnight" looks like I'm mildly concerned.

Still no bog roll, pasta, tea or coffee which is a crisis seeing as the entire NHS is powered directly by caffeine. More worryingly Im down to my last tin of bacon grill which I was looking forward to having nicely fried up on a fresh baguette, but seeing as the tinned meats aisle was a barren wasteland Im saving it for a special occasion, these truly are the end times Razz

Police on the front doors enforcing a one way queue around the entire carpark and checking people trying to get in for NHS ID.

This seems like a poor use of the little police we have, monitoring the lines of people trying to force their way into Tesco. If this keeps up for long I can see there being either food riots, or full blown rationing in the not too distant future.

My Tesco exress still has coffee and tea Confused By Tuesday the superstores should have more stock, there are just limits on how much can be shifted about.

Did the NHSists alcohol gel their hands and distance themselves socially?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 22 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drop in fuel prices is nothing to do with Corona apparently.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=4683911#4683911
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:12 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tierbirdy wrote:
Just got back from the local big Tesco, where theyre letting NHS staff in an hour before opening to beat the hoardes.

Its still absolute chaos with empty shelves. If this is what "good supply chain, full warehouses, just need time to stock the shelves overnight" looks like I'm mildly concerned.

Still no bog roll, pasta, tea or coffee which is a crisis seeing as the entire NHS is powered directly by caffeine. More worryingly Im down to my last tin of bacon grill which I was looking forward to having nicely fried up on a fresh baguette, but seeing as the tinned meats aisle was a barren wasteland Im saving it for a special occasion, these truly are the end times Razz

Police on the front doors enforcing a one way queue around the entire carpark and checking people trying to get in for NHS ID.

This seems like a poor use of the little police we have, monitoring the lines of people trying to force their way into Tesco. If this keeps up for long I can see there being either food riots, or full blown rationing in the not too distant future.

Nope, it'll be fine soon, there's only so much the cock wombles can hoard in their house before they physically run out of room, I reckon, another week or so, the stores will look more 'normal', and, then of course further down the road, they'll have a massive surplus of some items !! Got enough bog roll and dog food for probably a week and a bit, fine for caffeine, the rest can wait

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:30 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can we all start stockpiling oil products please?
That would be great.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Refiners-Race-To-Reduce-Rates-As-Fuel-Demand-Falls-Off-A-Cliff.html

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1.02 a litre at Asda this morning. Dance!

Tankie
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 12:52 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

really!super.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

Time to do a tour of the UK Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
recman wrote:

Time to do a tour of the UK Laughing

Tut Tut That's a naughty suggestion.

of course muggins here filled up the Jag a couple of days ago. Brick Wall

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Tut Tut That's a naughty suggestion.

of course muggins here filled up the Jag a couple of days ago. Brick Wall

Keep it.
When Big Oil shuts down , I'd say within 6 mths, your 100 litres of Super Jet A1 will make up for your investment dip. (Re: the Stupid thread)

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:59 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of stockpiles what happened to the extra supplies we were supposed to have to deal with Brexit?

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

It wasn't possible...Tescos opened the doors early but not the tills. So thousands of workers were crammed down at the tills for a good 40minutes waiting for the tills to open...no organisation by Tesco in the slightest... Thumbs Down

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:55 - 23 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

It wasn't possible...Tescos opened the doors early but not the tills. So thousands of workers were crammed down at the tills for a good 40minutes waiting for the tills to open...no organisation by Tesco in the slightest... Thumbs Down

Thousands of workers that are potentially infected themselves getting next to old folks or anyone else coming in straight afterwards.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 24 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went into town yesterday afternoon (medication and emergency bog roll). The roads were gridlocked. It turned out it was caused by people queuing up to get in the McDonald's drive through.

I doubt those at the rear of the queue got in within 2 hours.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 24 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Went into town yesterday afternoon (medication and emergency bog roll). The roads were gridlocked. It turned out it was caused by people queuing up to get in the McDonald's drive through.

They should have their Fast Food title revoked. BASTIRTS...

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 24 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

It was the same at the Stafford Road store in Wolves yesterday as well.Are people really going to miss a big mac that much??

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Dave at 63 wasn't panic buying last week.

[/img]

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
bhinso wrote:

It was the same at the Stafford Road store in Wolves yesterday as well.Are people really going to miss a big mac that much??

YES.

Worst thing is that they didn't have Macs or Flurrys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:52 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

YES.

Worst thing is that they didn't have Macs or Flurrys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Really, you honestly queued for McD's.. The best thing they do is the banana milkshake, but, even that's not worth joining a queue of 3 or more for ..

Anyhow, had to get a couple of bits from Asda, aside from somebody having a go because they had to join a queue where everyone was ~2m apart to get in, which at the time I was there was less than a 5 min wait, the shelves were stocked reasonably well, well, at least for what I wanted to get. The tool that was arguing, was arguing for longer than it would have taken for him to get in the store..

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forecourt price is dropping but they are struggling to keep up with heating oil and red farm diesel deliveries have been two weeks wait and only mild drop in price.
While seeing it go down is nice, it's not much use if you can't go anywhere and will only lead to more filling stations and companies closing at least temporarily.
Result will be a 'good excuse' for it to rapidly shoot up later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUBgVVuXkAMyPFK?format=jpg&name=small
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:05 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a little bit of an impromptu mini party last night and drank all my beer supplies. Off out for a restock again today
I suppose. I may have to make multiple visits to get enough in to last the week.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:31 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Had a little bit of an impromptu mini party last night and drank all my beer supplies. Off out for a restock again today
I suppose. I may have to make multiple visits to get enough in to last the week.

Why multiple visits, is beer rationed? Shocked

Better go and top up the Rum supplies just in case. Lockdown without Captain Morgans or Kracken would see me killing wifey within a week.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:43 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tesco has 3 of any one item policy. Daft really, I could buy 3 cases of beer. Thing is I'm an IPA man and they don't sell
any of those by the case so I have to get individual bottles. Usually on a 4 for £6 deal but they've done away with their multi
buy offers as well so I'm paying more for them too. There might well be a global crisis, but it's not bad enough for me to
switch to lager just yet. I'll waddle off to the Co-op as well as they don't seem to be limiting the amount they will sell you
however there's only two types they stock which I actually like.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:17 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the 3 item maximum is annoying when certain (non panic bought) items such as desserts are £1.90 each, or 2 for £2.

bit of sly opportunism there I think.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11