Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Priti Patel

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:02 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we declare war on Germany in the last one?

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:11 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
The biggest gang of sociopathic criminal scum this country's seen in modern times. And that cunt patel needs to be chained to the back of a vehicle and dragged around the M-25 at 10mph.

Judging by that comment so do you. Don't slam the door on your way out.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Correct, although we were painted into a corner there. "Okay, you can have Czechoslovakia but no more!"

(Hitler invades Poland)

"Dammit, Adolf!"

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:55 - 11 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Declaring war is not starting a war.

Someone crossed an internationally recognised line.

WWI was the same.
Someone was oppressed by the person they assassinated which kicked off a fite.

Neighbours, who were holding the jaikits, then had to get involved because 'agreements'.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:37 - 11 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Declaring war is not starting a war.

Someone crossed an internationally recognised line.

WWI was the same.
Someone was oppressed by the person they assassinated which kicked off a fite.

Neighbours, who were holding the jaikits, then had to get involved because 'agreements'.

It's like accusing a police office of "starting a fight" if they tackle someone who is trying to hit someone else Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:10 - 11 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Some would say that UK getting almost as much as Germany and Japan combined is a rather large "detail".

Just what is it you dislike about the UK so much? Serious question.

Maybe cast your mind back to June 1940. France had fallen to Hitler, the Soviets had a non aggression pact with Germany, and the US was staying out of it.

Britain was fighting alone (although of course with help from distant commonwealth nations, and pilots from overrun nations such as Poland). Some US pilots joined up in 1940, but only a handful (grossly exaggerate in any American film, such as Pearl Harbour).

We came very close to defeat, or suing for peace. Had this happened, then the following year Hitler could have fought the Soviets on only one front (he got damn close to taking Moscow whilst fighting on two), then presumably the US after that.

War debts would have been the last thing on your mind.

I looked up Portugal's involvement in WW2 but it seems somewhat limited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 11 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Man in the High Castle is a good take on this particular "what if?"

If you want to know where all this Western white guilt & self loathing comes from I'll wheel this out again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf0I2dQ0i0

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:09 - 12 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The Man in the High Castle is a good take on this particular "what if?

Yeah it's pretty good but again it's good old US focused.

The point of deflection is the assassination of Roosevelt, and Washington being nuked. Britain isn't even mentioned. It does have some fascinating concepts though, such as the nazi's idea of draining the med.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:13 - 12 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
Some would say that UK getting almost as much as Germany and Japan combined is a rather large "detail".

Just what is it you dislike about the UK so much? Serious question.

Maybe cast your mind back to June 1940. France had fallen to Hitler, the Soviets had a non aggression pact with Germany, and the US was staying out of it.

Britain was fighting alone (although of course with help from distant commonwealth nations, and pilots from overrun nations such as Poland). Some US pilots joined up in 1940, but only a handful (grossly exaggerate in any American film, such as Pearl Harbour).

We came very close to defeat, or suing for peace. Had this happened, then the following year Hitler could have fought the Soviets on only one front (he got damn close to taking Moscow whilst fighting on two), then presumably the US after that.

War debts would have been the last thing on your mind.

I looked up Portugal's involvement in WW2 but it seems somewhat limited.

Focus on Portugal eu contributions and debits from the big pot?
Done not too bad out of the deal.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 253 days between these two posts...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 20 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy thread resurrection due to results coming in.

Patel gets a Pat (from Boris)

News feed says stuff along the lines of 'Last day of anti-bullying week and the PM celebrates by supporting a bully'

However, it's more complicated as it's a BAME bully.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:12 - 21 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Holy thread resurrection due to results coming in.

Patel gets a Pat (from Boris)

News feed says stuff along the lines of 'Last day of anti-bullying week and the PM celebrates by supporting a bully'

However, it's more complicated as it's a BAME bully.

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes but "the minister has my full support" actually means "gone in the next reshuffle" Smile

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:31 - 21 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

True dat

BUT

MP eviction check-list

Conservative = YES
Government in power = YES
Failing in ratings = YES
Gross misconduct = YES!

Woman = Ermmmm hold on a minute....
BAME = No No NO!!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:32 - 21 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too may easily offended people in the world.

Honestly, as someone in charge of a large part of a country her underlings should be saying Yes, Maam, No Maam, three bags full Maam and be sent to the tower if they don't perform. A tongue lashing from Miss ̶W̶h̶i̶p̶l̶a̶s̶h̶ Patel is the bear minimum they should endure!

I'm seriously glad that in my job, in the middle of the ocean, I didn't have to partake of snowflake society when running my ship. If someone was a useless cvnt they got told it, given one more chance and then the next fuck up it was bye bye with a big black 'dismissed from ship' stamp in their discharge book.

Luckily my Second Engineer was a chap rather like this so I was thought of as the nice guy. Cool

https://psmag.com/.image/t_share/MTI3NTgyNTI0NTYwOTYxNTA2/drill.jpg

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:35 - 21 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A tongue lashing from Miss ̶W̶h̶i̶p̶l̶a̶s̶h̶ Patel

I know several people who would actually apply for that post.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:41 - 21 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't treat civil servants like human beings, or they get ideas above their station. She should've flushed their heads down the toilet. They're all bloody Marxists anyway.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:52 - 21 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
You can't treat civil servants like human beings, or they get ideas above their station. She should've flushed their heads down the toilet. They're all bloody Marxists anyway.

Very true. Anyone who doesn't get how uppity civil servants get should watch that very illuminating, fly on the wall, reality show called 'Yes Minister'.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyone who doesn't get how uppity civil servants get should watch that very illuminating, fly on the wall, reality show called 'Yes Minister'.

Apparently it was very near the truth back in the day. Then again, so was Porridge, so much so that the Prison Service used to use episodes of Porridge as training videos. I suspect both are irrelevant nowadays...

I did hear that Ms Patel entices kittens into her home, attaches clothes-pegs to them then sends them back out again, just for laughs...

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Too may easily offended people in the world.

Honestly, as someone in charge of a large part of a country her underlings should be saying Yes, Maam, No Maam, three bags full Maam and be sent to the tower if they don't perform. A tongue lashing from Miss ̶W̶h̶i̶p̶l̶a̶s̶h̶ Patel is the bear minimum they should endure!

I'm seriously glad that in my job, in the middle of the ocean, I didn't have to partake of snowflake society when running my ship. If someone was a useless cvnt they got told it, given one more chance and then the next fuck up it was bye bye with a big black 'dismissed from ship' stamp in their discharge book.

Luckily my Second Engineer was a chap rather like this so I was thought of as the nice guy. Cool

https://psmag.com/.image/t_share/MTI3NTgyNTI0NTYwOTYxNTA2/drill.jpg

Old style and inefficient management practice. You can let someone know they're not doing things properly or need to pull their socks up without shouting or abusive language up to and including dismissal. Any senior manager that tried that on me would get told to stop, act professionally and if they persisted would be reported for it. They certainly wouldn't be allowed to continue with it and yes, I'll stand up to anyone over this sort of shite.

As for Priti Vacant, she apparently has form over the years for this sort of thing and not just in politics/government. She should resign or be sacked.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:21 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Thanks for that.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Old style and inefficient management practice. You can let someone know they're not doing things properly or need to pull their socks up without shouting or abusive language up to and including dismissal. Any senior manager that tried that on me would get told to stop, act professionally and if they persisted would be reported for it. They certainly wouldn't be allowed to continue with it and yes, I'll stand up to anyone over this sort of shite.

As for Priti Vacant, she apparently has form over the years for this sort of thing and not just in politics/government. She should resign or be sacked.

It seems that Patel wasn't actually told to her face about the 'complaints', and the 'investigation' didn't even speak to her.
The problem seems to be with civil servant employees more than with government ministers, and this kind of thing happens under Labour governments too. Civil service employees seem to just be incompetent at their jobs and blame everyone else for their own failings. Lazy jobsworths is the impression you get when you look into it.

You're welcome Nobby Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
Anyone who doesn't get how uppity civil servants get should watch that very illuminating, fly on the wall, reality show called 'Yes Minister'.

Apparently it was very near the truth back in the day. Then again, so was Porridge, so much so that the Prison Service used to use episodes of Porridge as training videos. I suspect both are irrelevant nowadays...

I did hear that Ms Patel entices kittens into her home, attaches clothes-pegs to them then sends them back out again, just for laughs...

Probably want "The Thick of It" for something more contemporary.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm depressed Crying or Very sad

They can all get to fuck, the whole lot of the arrogant, elitist, narcissistic sociopaths on the planet. Seriously are these the people that we voted for.

I'm Scottish and wish for independence away from the shambles and egotistical shower in government. Nothing at all against the English people. My two best friends happen to be English, but they can't help that .

May I strongly add that the stupid bitch Nicola Sturgeon is acting like an authoritarian dictator and should pack her bags and fuck off to North Korea with Trump.

Sorry.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:39 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

It seems that Patel wasn't actually told to her face about the 'complaints', and the 'investigation' didn't even speak to her.
The problem seems to be with civil servant employees more than with government ministers, and this kind of thing happens under Labour governments too. Civil service employees seem to just be incompetent at their jobs and blame everyone else for their own failings. Lazy jobsworths is the impression you get when you look into it.

You're welcome Nobby Razz

Kisses. Looking forward to next bbq and getting pissed with you.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 23 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Kisses. Looking forward to next bbq and getting pissed with you.

Do you think you'll have the plaster cast off your hurt feelings in time for the next one? Razz Razz

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 24 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorely tempted to attend the next BBQ if you'll have me, so don't be nasty between now and then or I might not want to...

I did set off to attend one a few years back but got lost and came home again, much to the amusement of 'er indoors. She thought it was a stupid idea to travel hundreds of miles to spend time in a field with people I didn't know. She thought you'd probably bum me and leave me in a ditch. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4