0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carburettor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:30 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: KSR GRS 125 (2016) Bogging down Reply with quote

It runs fine for 5-10min and then its start to Bog down.
It happens on the high gears, starting from 3rd gear at about 7k spins.
I have cleaned the carbs, checked the air filter and replaced the spark plug.

Once I was seeing sparks going from spark cable to the frame, so I wrapped it with electric tape, but it didnt help much.

It was fine for 1 week and then it started again.

Also when it was bogging down, I was hearing the explosions, like the spark plug wasn't firing up and large amount of gas was going of at once.

Today It was fine in the morning 20min ride, on the way back was also fine. Left it in the garage for 20min, went to the shop and it started bogging down again.

Will try to get the Ignition HT Coil, its only £20 so maybe that will help.
Checked the battery voltage and it was 13-14v when running.

What could be the issue ?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:54 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: KSR GRS 125 (2016) Bogging down Reply with quote

siedlikmaster wrote:

Once I was seeing sparks going from spark cable to the frame, so I wrapped it with electric tape, but it didnt help much

I think you've answered your own question.

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:32 - 06 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: KSR GRS 125 (2016) Bogging down Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
siedlikmaster wrote:

Once I was seeing sparks going from spark cable to the frame, so I wrapped it with electric tape, but it didnt help much

I think you've answered your own question.

I think you right, but just wasnt sure if new Ignition HT Coil would fix it.
I should get it on Monday, so I hope it will be it.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:11 - 07 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, if you "see sparks going from spark cable to the frame", doesn't that tell you that your coil is functioning, but that your connections or cable have had it or are damaged in some way?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:33 - 07 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Hang on, if you "see sparks going from spark cable to the frame", doesn't that tell you that your coil is functioning, but that your connections or cable have had it or are damaged in some way?

That is true but as the coil and the ht lead are invariably a single sealed unit the fix is to replace the coil.

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:36 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: new coil didnt help Reply with quote

I have installed new Coil and it was perfectly fine for a week, and then its started again to bog down.

Today in the morning, it was fine for about 5min and then it started to bog at gear 4, then 3 then 2. Gear 1 was pretty good, so to me it sounded like fuel starvation, maybe its blocked or something.

Will maybe install like a filter, from fuel tank to carb and also clean the fuel tank somehow.

jaffa90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange one this,

Q, not knowing your Chinese bike is it easy to remove the spark plug at the road side with your gloves on ?

If so why not give it full throttle until it stops and then smell the end of the exhaust pipe and the spark plug for fuel?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:13 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: new coil didnt help Reply with quote

siedlikmaster wrote:
Will maybe install like a filter, from fuel tank to carb and also clean the fuel tank somehow.

Apart from anything else, putting in a filter if you haven't detected any detritus in existing filters/the carb won't be helpful.

Is there anything else you can easily check, like the valve clearance?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 21:55 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: new coil didnt help Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
siedlikmaster wrote:

Apart from anything else, putting in a filter if you haven't detected any detritus in existing filters/the carb won't be helpful.

Valve clearance, I would have to dissemble whole bike to get there.
I mean one week it was fine then is started again, and now in the morning I had problems starting it and after 10 metres it died.

Will check the vacuum pecock, that could be the problem.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:13 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
.... the first thing I'd check is the tank breather to make sure the tank isn't vacuum locking.

This is a good post....easy and cheap to check, when it conks out, open the fuel tank cap, if there's a large inrush of air you know it's blocked.

On the coil side of things, did the coil come with lead and plug cap (i.e. replacing the whole lot) or did you put the old lead and plug back on?

Tracking can be difficult to pinpoint, and it can just move to the next easiest path, meticulous cleaning to remove any deposits especially any of that spray on shite, that later cracks and goes on to creates flaky bits that collects all manner of crap, perfect for tracking.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: new coil didnt help Reply with quote

siedlikmaster wrote:

Well, it's up to you. They're supposed to be checked/adjusted every 3,000km, according to the book, so it can't be that hard.

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 23:05 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
If it was coil/leads or plugs, I'd expect a misfire, not just a "bogging down".

If it's fine for a few minutes, the first thing I'd check is the tank breather to make sure the tank isn't vacuum locking.

Today in the morning it started with choke for 3-5min and then died, like it didnt had enough fuel or something. So now maybe the card is blocked or the vacuum pecock went faulty or as you said the tank breather, but where would I find this tank breather ? Not sure if my one got one, but will check around it anyway.

Thanks.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 19 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more bogging down paper?

Sorry, well not really. Wink

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 03:49 - 20 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: new coil didnt help Reply with quote

siedlikmaster wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

Err Oh-Kay... I think I see the problem here....
Valve clerances are are bit of routine maintenance, like an oil change, that should be checked and adjusted every two oil changes or so.
It's a bit 'hard' to get at and get the rocker cover off.... and iots scary ion there... it exposed oily bits!!!!
Soooooo
It's probably NEVER been done, 'cos you and every other monkey that's looked at the thing has had the same idea!!!
But... fault finding 101... do ALL the basic routine maintenence checks in the book, make sure everything is how it's supposed to be, and that whatever faults may be there are taken out by the normal routine maintenence the factory tell you to do... THEN start looking for anything unusual....
SO.. we have something a bit hard to service, you are deliberatel;y avoiding servicing... and tyhen wondering why it does something a bit odd... and looking at anything and anything RATHER than bite the bullet and tackle that routine, every 2ooo mile or so, anticipated maintenence.
Hint.... go buy the proper tappet tools. They cost aproximately £15 tosave much faffing about trying to grip the tappet square and chew it up with a pair of pliers or similar.. AND DO WHAT MAINTENANCE the book says should be done.
Stop trying to dodge it.
Otherwise, you and anyone that tries to help you is frankly pizzing in the wind on a road to no-where, searching for ever more obscure possibilities to help you look ANYWHERE but at what is the most likely cause' of the problem you report.
Your call.. but FFS go get them tappets done, and done properly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:33 - 21 Mar 2020    Post subject: It could be Valve clerances then. Reply with quote

Today I have check the fuel tank etc. clean the carbs etc.
When the bike is on the stand, with rear wheel not touching the ground its perfectly fine, it only bogs down under pressure.

So you could be right with the Valve clearances.
Will get the tappet tool, maybe from Amazon, so will get it tomorrow.

Anything else should I get ?
If its not the valve clearance, then maybe pistons ?
First will do the clearance, and if that will not help then will just go to the mechanic.

Thanks.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:59 - 21 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: It could be Valve clerances then. Reply with quote

siedlikmaster wrote:
When the bike is on the stand, with rear wheel not touching the ground its perfectly fine, it only bogs down under pressure.

First will do the clearance, and if that will not help then will just go to the mechanic.

Thanks.

What exactly do you possibly think could be wrong with the pistols?

Made of cheese?

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:00 - 21 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: It could be Valve clerances then. Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
siedlikmaster wrote:

Thanks.

Made of cheese?

Dont really know, just trying to look for something Very Happy
Will update you guys tomorrow.
thanks.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:42 - 22 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: It could be Valve clerances then. Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
siedlikmaster wrote:

Thanks.

Made of cheese?

Maybe the rings are shot? Low compression, that sort of thing... do you have to be a bastard all the time? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:08 - 22 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: It could be Valve clerances then. Reply with quote

siedlikmaster wrote:

I'm beginning to think that I don't understand your description of the problem.

How does the above come about? You put it on its centre stand (?) and run it, it runs fine without the tyre touching the ground?

What happens when you ride it (something more descriptive than "bogging down" might be useful). Video? Sound recording?

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:00 - 22 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: It could be Valve clerances then. Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
siedlikmaster wrote:

I'm beginning to think that I don't understand your description of the problem.

How does the above come about? You put it on its centre stand (?) and run it, it runs fine without the tyre touching the ground?

What happens when you ride it (something more descriptive than "bogging down" might be useful). Video? Sound recording?

After messing with the valve clearance, I was only able to unscrew the intake one.
The intake clearance is as it should be now, maybe it was bit to tight before.

I have put the bike all together now, took it to the parking for a test ride.
So for the first hour the bike was like bogging down/backfiring on gear 2nd and higher ones.
But after riding it in town for 2 hours, the problem went kind of away.
It does not bog down/missfire anymore, but I can hear some kind of small backfire.

Maybe the fuel was bad or something or a bit of water ? Will install a fuel filter this week, and will check the out-take clearance as the bolt was stuck, maybe that will stop small backfire.

Thanks.

siedlikmaster
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:38 - 03 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: It could be Valve clerances then. Reply with quote

I have found the time today and I fixed it properly. I have set the valve clearance with the right tool, Intake set at 0.10 and Exhaust set at 0.15. It does not hesitate/bogs down.
But the only issue now I got is at high RPMs, at 9K RPMs its like not getting any faster, where before I was able go to 10K RPMs without problem.
Top speed before I was able to archive is 60mph on one of the roads.
Where now max speed was 54mph on that road, maybe will have to set clearance a bit bigger. or mess with the carbs Very Happy

Thanks guys for pointing that it was issue with VALVE CLEARANCE.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1