BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Getting it out of my head.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Peanut_Butter
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 08 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm feeling lost I go for a run..I usually shut off and manage to run for miles and miles.
Failing that I crank the music up and gut my house. I find throwing stuff away is very therapeutic then cleaning afterwards.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep plodding on and hope for a change in your wretched luck.. kinda what I do.

Nothing's happened yet but one day, one day...

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

For 13.8 billion years, you didn't exist. Then you get to be for 70/80/90/whatever years. Then you won't exist again for all eternity. And you're going to sit and hope something changes?!

Me too Embarassed
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
A100man wrote:

For 13.8 billion years, you didn't exist. Then you get to be for 70/80/90/whatever years. Then you won't exist again for all eternity. And you're going to sit and hope something changes?!

Me too Embarassed

Well to be honest I've been a bit of a prick. I messed about in my 20s and 30s then ended up getting married to what I now realize is an inappropriate women. In my 40s I had 3 children late-ish in life. In my 50s the wife left to pursue her own agenda and so I have (child-care) responsibilities that will last to my 60s.

At the end of the day I have shelter food, good kids and time to dick about with motorbikes, albeit not as much as I'd like.. so not really much to moan about. But like OP some days it feels like there is little respite.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't expect a life story! Laughing

Don't get me started on the state of my "life".
What is it they say? We all have our crosses to bear? Not wrong.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a man was feeling overwhelmed with all his worries and problems, and he prayed to God to remove the burden.

God spoke to him: "OK, I will remove all your problems and store them in a black bin liner. However, I will do the same for everyone in your village, and you must each take your bin liner to the village hall".

Once this was done, and all the villagers and bin liners were gathered at the hall, God said "Now you must each take one of the bin liners, and inherit that person's problems'.

The man, like everyone else in the village, and like most of us if we're honest, picked up his own bin liner.

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather won't help. I'm miserable in the winter, always.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Wow, I didn't expect a life story! Laughing

Don't get me started on the state of my "life".
What is it they say? We all have our crosses to bear? Not wrong.

Yeah, well, you know - group therapy innit?

TBH though I think we're in the majority. There aren't many who can say they've 'cracked it'.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:37 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracked what?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I didn't expect a life story!"

"Life? Don't talk to me about life."

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:17 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
There aren't many who can say they've 'cracked it'.

I was 19 years old, mildly inebriated one day, when I figured out the meaning of life.

The meaning of life, is whatever we choose it to be.

I felt very pleased that I had cracked it so early.

20 years on, still haven't decided what I choose that to be Laughing

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:27 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
The weather won't help. I'm miserable in the winter, always.

Same. I drank through my 20's and enjoyed it. Cold nights, warm pubs with mates and log fires.

But the last 10 years, have hated winter! It hits September and already the sinking feeling which bottoms around Jan. Then we get Snowdrops, daffs, warmer breezes and longer daylight.

Have you tried a SAD lamp? I have 2, both medically certified, but 1 has no impact at all. The other....it sort of helps.
I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of blinding myself in the morning trying to improve mood.

I was so sick of effectively wasting 50% of my life, looked into moving abroad to various places. Still might.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

I was so sick of effectively wasting 50% of my life, looked into moving abroad to various places. Still might.

I've said it before: wherever you go, you will still be you. You might want to "crack it", and then think about moving abroad if the idea still appeals to you by then.

@hellkat: the Times crossword.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhh riiiight

I wish I had cracked it.
As opposed to just being cracked.
Mad

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
wherever you go, you will still be you. You might want to "crack it", and then think about moving abroad if the idea still appeals to you by then.

I wasn't going to get too far into the thing Smile

Yes, I understand wherever one goes, IF one is ruled by ones ego then the baggage and dissatisfaction will follow. The classic grass is always greener, and finding out it isn't scenario.

BUT

Somewhere with more daylight hours and less average rainfall. At least I could ride my bike in comfort for more of the year. I would still be a dysfunctional + miserable prick, but at least on my bike Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

@hellkat: the Times crossword.

nahhhh go on with ye
I can even do the cryptic ones
Shifty sometimes Shifty
I used to do 'em with me dad, we'd take all day sometimes, but we'd always get it in the end Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:47 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
miserable prick

I can never understand how being miserable and grouchy makes some people happy.
It's so draining, and takes soooo much energy.

I'm essentially a lazy cunt and anything that requires use of too much energy is not going to end up being part of my repertoire.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:49 - 09 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:

dysfunctional

Have we found an example of the perfect functionality in a human yet? I know it ain't me. Anyway, surely even functionality is relative?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Have you tried a SAD lamp? I have 2, both medically certified, but 1 has no impact at all. The other....it sort of helps.
I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of blinding myself in the morning trying to improve mood.

Pop some vitamin D!!! It's cheap, and you can try some for little cost (800 - 1,000 IU (20-25µg), no more!), don't take any in the summer). £3.50 for 90 at most supermarkets!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:37 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
I was 19 years old, mildly inebriated one day, when I figured out the meaning of life.

What is the meaning of meaning?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Pigeon wrote:

What is the meaning of meaning?

This is one of those things where you look in a mirror that's facing another mirror - what is the meaning of the meaning of meaning? Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:20 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: Getting it out of my head. Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:

I almost put this on fb, but I don't want that type of comeback. Karma

Top marks for that. FBK is toxic and im convinced its partly responsible for how s#it a lot of people feel. I always regret scrolling down my FBK feed. All those damned inspirational memes and "share this if you're a true friend" things.

I massively improved my life by walking out on my employer then walking back in with my union dude and threatening to take them to court, kachinggggg! Wish I'd done it it three years earlier. I also got into meditation using a meditation app and im so switched into my mantra I just have to close my eyes take a few breaths and repeat it and im sorted.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:06 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: Getting it out of my head. Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Clanger wrote:

I almost put this on fb, but I don't want that type of comeback. Karma

Top marks for that. FBK is toxic and im convinced its partly responsible for how s#it a lot of people feel. I always regret scrolling down my FBK feed. All those damned inspirational memes and "share this if you're a true friend" things.

I massively improved my life by walking out on my employer then walking back in with my union dude and threatening to take them to court, kachinggggg! Wish I'd done it it three years earlier. I also got into meditation using a meditation app and im so switched into my mantra I just have to close my eyes take a few breaths and repeat it and im sorted.

FB
"Their taking our guns away."
"Karen is 12 and riddled with cancer. Share if you agree."
"The police are all pigs and just out to get you."

🙄

And lots of people think these are fact.
😂

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:22 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon wrote:
Somewhere with more daylight hours and less average rainfall.

Everywhere in the world has the same amount of daylight over a year.

Personally I prefer Winter to Summer. In Winter when it's cold, you have control (extra jumper, central heating, cosy fire, etc.). I hate those >30C days in summer, when all you could do is rip your skin off.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:10 - 10 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Personally I prefer Winter to Summer. In Winter when it's cold, you have control (extra jumper, central heating, cosy fire, etc.). I hate those >30C days in summer, when you really need to accept that climate has changed and you need to buy a/c for the house.

Could not agree more.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3