Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

arse went on bends

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:29 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting boring now. Goodbye.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:46 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
seeyalater wrote:
click

clique.

HTH

I stopped reading after the 34th misuse of "your" and "to"

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, you have a twitter profile handle and (formerly) the same handle on this forum. I get that the information has been misused but when it comes to sharing information on the Interwebs it's always worth humming the Dr.Pepper tune.

Consider: this is a public forum in that you don't need to register an account to trawl through some of the sections. Say there was a bad person who likes to steal motorbikes. They sift through these forums to find what's on their orders list and then do a little light digging to find out where a mark might be located. Best not to make their task easy Neutral

For the sake future diplomacy might I be so bold as to suggest just asking ppl to remove things you don't like? AFAIK there is no "neutral third party" here on the forums to mediate so one has to work with what you have.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:

if my photo is on twitter, which is where this come from, it doesnt mean someone here can post it to an external website then to here. just cos something is public doesnt mean it can be used.
If I object to it being posted here without explanation that should be enough.. but yet again, why would I expect any different response.

I'm not part of any clique on here, get my fair share of stick, grow up, it really doesn't matter whether your pic is on twitter, tinder, grindr wherever, it's out there for all to see, don't like it, don't publish it. It's not difficult to grasp, it really isn't. However, getting rid of your photos etc that appear in general google searches etc now, will largely be a lost cause, but, you will age, get fat, go bald, grow a moustache overtime, and people will cease to recognise you, hopefully a lesson learned..

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:29 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
With all due respect, you have a twitter profile handle and (formerly) the same handle on this forum. I get that the information has been misused but when it comes to sharing information on the Interwebs it's always worth humming the Dr.Pepper tune.

Consider: this is a public forum in that you don't need to register an account to trawl through some of the sections. Say there was a bad person who likes to steal motorbikes. They sift through these forums to find what's on their orders list and then do a little light digging to find out where a mark might be located. Best not to make their task easy Neutral

For the sake future diplomacy might I be so bold as to suggest just asking ppl to remove things you don't like? AFAIK there is no "neutral third party" here on the forums to mediate so one has to work with what you have.

I did ask why it was posted, the annoying part which everyone seems to still miss is WHY go to loads of effort to post my photo without any explanation, reason or need. So what if i used my twitter username, or my photo is public, it still doesnt mean STE can do what he wants without a reason why and against the forum rules.

Plus as i added above, the forum says not to do it.. So he went and posted the search results instead.

As far as growing up goes, i love the reactions here, mostly due to seeing how people react on social media daily and the people here thinking i need to grow up etc would react so different if someone here did something they didnt like and without reason or explanation.

Some of the things people say online they would never say in a pub or group or to someones face.

But you will all as ever support each other. fuck the new people.. justify it all you want. hopefully someone soon will delete this account

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:33 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using others' images without permission
Just because an image is publicly-accessible on the internet does not make it fair game for you to use as an avatar, photoshop cocks onto it, etc. Read up on copyright law if you're not familiar with why this is... The copyright owner is well within their rights to request such images be removed, and I have to waste my time cleaning up after your antics.

Behaving like an idiot for the sake of it

This is not 4chan, it is a bike forum. There is much less moderation here than you might find on similar sites, but there are limits... If you go out of your way to find out where exactly the line is, chances are you'll find yourself on the other side of it signing up for a new username.

^^ like googling usernames, posting photos to third party website and posting to forum WITH NO REASON OR EXPLANATION

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:45 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice apart from I haven't used your image for anything.

Googling username is not against the rules.

Wub

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:
Using others' images without permission
Just because an image is publicly-accessible on the internet does not make it fair game for you to use as an avatar, photoshop cocks onto it, etc. Read up on copyright law if you're not familiar with why this is... The copyright owner is well within their rights to request such images be removed, and I have to waste my time cleaning up after your antics.

Behaving like an idiot for the sake of it

This is not 4chan, it is a bike forum. There is much less moderation here than you might find on similar sites, but there are limits... If you go out of your way to find out where exactly the line is, chances are you'll find yourself on the other side of it signing up for a new username.

^^ like googling usernames, posting photos to third party website and posting to forum WITH NO REASON OR EXPLANATION

This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to access the internet unsupervised. No matter who posted or linked to your your picture, you can pretty much guarantee that your image, details about you etc have been searched and farmed many many times, and will continue to be so.

You have put your photo online, there is every possibility it has been used by a catfish, most probably on one of the many dating apps. Your image may be one of the reasons some lonely, gullible old dear has lost their life savings.

It is you and you alone who should take responsibilty for what you post online, no matter if it's on social media, dating sites or forums, if you hadn't uploaded those images in the first place, they couldn't have been used. It really is very very simple..

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:00 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A minor but salient point from Twitters terms of service:

“to make your Content available to the rest of the world and to let others do the same.”

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason this video springs to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:35 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:
linuxyeti wrote:

be that as it may, you have to accept it will happen, and not necessarily just in forums etc, you have to choose what you share, even inadvertently, and, accept if it's out there, it's out there to be seen

Your missing the point and as usual the click that sticks together will argue til the cows come home about anything. It doesn't matter if its out there. ITS NOT UPTO MEMBERS TO SHARE IT HERE.
But you will all say anything to stick up for each other versus new guy who doesn't agree with sad tactics.
Ive requested to have the account shut down which is great news eh,, not one for defeat usually but I really don't see the point being here. This isn't how an online community works, no matter what the topic is.

Please don't flounce (also "clique" ffs). I appreciate the gif I posted was flippant - but I was only teasing you. There is a hazing habit here - I went through it myself several times a few years ago when there was your cAnSa's, Baz's and numerous others who'd leap on even the slightest whiff of novitiate whining. And I want to say that when you claim that "This isn't how an online community works, no matter what the topic is" it actually is. Quite frequently - even if, as with this forum - some of the more conspicuous hazers and n00b b8rs were culled.

We might not actually KILL kittens - but we certainly swear at them, and flick IAMs at them. This is why flouncers flounce, I suppose.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:49 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why some people shouldn't be allowed to access the internet unsupervised. No matter who posted or linked to your your picture, you can pretty much guarantee that your image, details about you etc have been searched and farmed many many times, and will continue to be so.

You have put your photo online, there is every possibility it has been used by a catfish, most probably on one of the many dating apps. Your image may be one of the reasons some lonely, gullible old dear has lost their life savings.

It is you and you alone who should take responsibilty for what you post online, no matter if it's on social media, dating sites or forums, if you hadn't uploaded those images in the first place, they couldn't have been used. It really is very very simple..[/quote]

so cos you want to disagree with me the above forum rules dont apply.?
It clearly says what the situation is with public photos. But you want to argue so in this situation it doesnt matter.

And, il say it again, I still dont know why ste went to the effort to do it in the first place.
All he inboxes is smiley faces and confirming the threats

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:53 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:

It clearly says what the situation is with public photos. But you want to argue so in this situation it doesnt matter.

And, il say it again, I still dont know why ste went to the effort to do it in the first place.

Looky here, a grown adult thinking a vaguely worded piece of internet rulebook will save him from the naughty boys.

Christ.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:58 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
seeyalater wrote:

Looky here, a grown adult thinking a vaguely worded piece of internet rulebook will save him from the naughty boys.

Christ.

not sure what I said that was from a rule book. but i assume the naughty boys will be the threat etc.. everyone has crazy friends but not everyone threatens to use them. its really crazy that my dispute with 1 person over his actions that we still have no idea about, has caused other members to step in and make threats. if you dont even know ste then its a big thing to just get involved in for the sake of a forum like

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:06 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirming threats? wtf? Laughing

You overestimate how many clicks are required to search for someone's username on Google, open one of the results, rehost an image from that page to imgur, copy the URL of the rehosted image to the clipboard and then post a reply on BCF with that imgur link.

It takes no time and no effort.

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:11 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Confirming threats? wtf? Laughing

You overestimate how many clicks are required to search for someone's username on Google, open one of the results, rehost an image from that page to imgur, copy the URL of the rehosted image to the clipboard and then post a reply on BCF with that imgur link.

It takes no time and no effort.

but why do it in the first Place. you wasnt even a part of the thread. no logic in the effort it did take.. i take you on about it and members start warning me etc. bit crazy for a bike forum

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:14 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:
i take you on

wtf is happening? Laughing

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:

It is you and you alone who should take responsibilty for what you post online, no matter if it's on social media, dating sites or forums, if you hadn't uploaded those images in the first place, they couldn't have been used. It really is very very simple..

F**k me, what hope has he got, can't even quote properly !!

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:23 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously, your going to start on my grammer now? your unreal

"I take you on" meaning challenge, its obvious what that means.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:26 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:
bit crazy for a bike forum

See now you're getting it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:29 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:

Is that like challenging someone to an internet duel?

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:36 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
seeyalater wrote:

Is that like challenging someone to an internet duel?

more like asking why you did something that made no sense at all. Still doesn't. a mutual exchange that has now got others involved, warnings and general kicks in the back from anyone who fancies it.

doing a super job as Admin. Smile

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:
Seriously, you're going to start on my grammar now? You're unreal

FTFY Thumbs Up

(Though to be fair, it was the failure to use 'quote' attributions correctly which caused the dig)

seeyalater
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:41 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
seeyalater wrote:
Seriously, you're going to start on my grammar now? You're unreal

FTFY Thumbs Up

(Though to be fair, it was the failure to use 'quote' attributions correctly which caused the dig)

I know im shit with grammer - not in dispute at all. I take photographs for a living. But if it gives someone some ammo then what can I do. Smile

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:47 - 18 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeyalater wrote:
more like asking why you did something that made no sense at all. Still doesn't. a mutual exchange that has now got others involved, warnings and general kicks in the back from anyone who fancies it.

You post things on a public forum and other people will get involved and have their say. That's the very nature of forums work, if you don't want to hear what other people have to say then it's best not to post things on a public forum.

seeyalater wrote:
doing a super job as Admin. Smile

You're welcome. Hopefully you'll choose to stick around .
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 39 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8