Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bored bored bored! Bored

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Bored bored bored! Bored Reply with quote

Well the weather not been great lately, so that has curtailed a lot of outdoor activities.
Soon HMG will Be instructing all plebs to stay indoors.

What are the mighty BCF gonna do to amuse themselves during the imminent lockdown?

Me , I’m going to teach my cat Cantonese or maybe finish doing a few bits of DIY that I keep putting off.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 19:41 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riot. I'll go out Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type clinic letters probably Rolling Eyes
(I'm supposed to have checked if I have the remote access that the I.T. department were working so hard to give us last week, still haven't done it, doh!)

* Maybe fap
* Bingewatch Netflix
* Smoke dope
* Annoy the cats

Got a couple of writing projects on the go which I might push a bit further: got no excuse to do them if I'm stuck indoors, really Laughing

Might paint the desk in my living room and put it in the bedroom.

Might move some of the books and boxes out of my living room so that they are UNDER THE DESK once I move it.

Might smoke dope and chat to my homies on WhatsApp instead.

So yeah ... it would be just like a weekend ... only LONGER
Just another day at planet hellkat.
Cool

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join in any looting, unfortunately not likely on the Eastern side of Wiltshire.

Smoke dope.

Thrash my bikes round empty roads. I doubt there will be much to lock down rural back roads.

Polish shiny bits of the Enfield even more.

In the main though, work. Unfortunately even with the Plague occurring Logistics is a necessity and I can mostly do my job from home.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:47 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total shutdown would suit me, might finally finish the bike! Wrenching during the day, work at night Smile

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at work and as busy as a little beaver on speed.

Probably stuck at work for the foreseeable future.

(Scored some extra Bog-roll just in case.)

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Board the loft.
Set up the music/PC room.
Rewire the garage.
get some rides in.
Get some camping in.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 15 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: Bored bored bored! Bored Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Well the weather not been great lately, so that has curtailed a lot of outdoor activities.
Soon HMG will Be instructing all plebs to stay indoors.

What are the mighty BCF gonna do to amuse themselves during the imminent lockdown?

Me , I’m going to teach my cat Cantonese or maybe finish doing a few bits of DIY that I keep putting off.

Work out, you lazy git Laughing

In all seriousness, by the time I've done that, I haven't got the energy for anything else Rolling Eyes
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:14 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that going out for a ride on your motorcycle carries zero risk of either transmitting or catching coronavirus.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm? I thought the purpose of lockdown was that everyone has to stay indoors?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:18 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Hmmm? I thought the purpose of lockdown was that everyone has to stay indoors?

The purpose if a "lockdown" is surely so people are not exposing themselves or other to a risk of transmitting disease. I can't see how taking your bike for a spin would do this.

Arguably the only point this could happen is when you fill up with fuel but we're talking about handling a fuel nozzle and keypad here. You could put a disposable glove on if you think that's an unacceptable risk.

There has to be common sense.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm not isolated in any way shape or form yet, I've decided to take myself on a trip to Mornington Crescent via Facebook.

I'm looking forward to seeing which (if any) of my mates are up for it.
Usually an entertaining expedition, if you get the right fellow-travellers on board.
Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Not that I haven't now got a THOUSAND other things that I should be doing instead Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:18 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Public face £1,000 fine or custody for refusing coronavirus tests and quarantine"

People aged over 70 face up to four months in self-isolation and the public risk being taken into jail or a £1,000 fine if they refuse to be tested or quarantined for suspected coronavirus.

The emergency powers, expected to be announced this week, allow police in England and Wales to use ‘reasonable force’ to detain people who are at risk of infecting others.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020, published on the government's website, states that those suspected of having the disease, can be held for up to 14 days in a secure hospital or other suitable location. If they abscond they can be taken into custody before being returned to detention or isolation, the regulations state....

[rest of the article is quarantined behind a paywall]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/15/public-face-prison-1000-fine-refusing-coronavirus-tests/

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:06 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number plate off the bike and have enormous fun evading the corona police. Thumbs Up
It will be £1k well spent if you get caught.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashing. If nobody else is about I intend to move from front window to front window dressed in nowt but a raincoat, exposing myself with deft wrist-flicks to the sick and immobile of the village. I will wear a balaclava to avoid recognition of course...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:23 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall indulge in some fishing. It's been a while since I did some.

WreckTangle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:41 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 100 million piece jigsaw puzzle that my nan gave me about 15 years ago that I might start/complete.....hell I will be scraping the barrel of things to do before insanity kicks in

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:47 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I shall indulge in some fishing. It's been a while since I did some.

Thinking the same, been ages for me too, if i can get my sea gear safely on the bike i will do some night beach casting, the main problem is the rods being 2 piece and long Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:09 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm not considered to be business critical I'm likely to be told not to use the works vpn as it wont be able t8 handle the number trying to use it.

I will therefor be fixing my fence and adding sockets and strip lighting to the garage.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Zero Hour wanker, so I will be going to work until the day I'm in a pine box. I will infect anyone and everyone if I have to.

I'm going for the herd method of controlling this virus thing.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:59 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
As I'm not considered to be business critical I'm likely to be told not to use the works vpn as it wont be able t8 handle the number trying to use it.

I will therefor be fixing my fence and adding sockets and strip lighting to the garage.

That reminds me, I need to add "fix the fence" to my list too Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:04 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted to be part of an angry mob.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I've always wanted to be part of an angry mob.

When the riots start because some people have no money to buy food you can join in and have some fun. Thumbs Up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I might loot me some bog roll, and blame it on civil rights and shit Thumbs Up

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

That reminds me, I need to add "fix the fence" to my list too Smile
Yes, sort him out if he aint paying the going rate.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 34 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2