Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hello!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
veefour This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

*Sells bike.

Goodbye!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

veefour
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:37 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that your expert opinion?

veefour
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:43 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thanks for marking it as spam, that helps a lot Smile You bored at home with a mild cough, or something?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mark it as spam ??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

..it usually takes a while for newcomers to buy into the caustic BCF wit, some never manage it.

An introduction would have helped.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:55 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

veefour wrote:
and thanks for marking it as spam, that helps a lot Smile You bored at home with a mild cough, or something?

That'll be me. Go sell your shite bike somewhere else.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: Hello! Reply with quote

veefour wrote:
Hi guys,

New to the forum. Hope you're well.

I've got a few bikes - K4 SV1000 with a K6 GSXR600 front end, an RC36-1 VFR750 that's in pieces after a taxi driver did a u-turn in front of me (fixing it up as of the past weekend, fairings are off for paint) and a 12 plate VFR800 ABS model. I bought that as I previously worked in the city, the SV (nor 750) would get through the ULEZ rules - so I got it crash damaged and have fixed it up. I realise it's a weird time with Corona lunacy sweeping the nation, but I will likely let it go at some point this year, once everyone's calmed down and accepted that 99.7% of people will quite easily sail through a Corona infection. Guessing purses will be tight until then.

On that note, how much do you guys think it's worth. Here's the background:

Low side accident, left mid fairing, front mudguard, left headlight all took a knock and got damaged.
    Forks are straight, as is the frame.
    Written off as a Cat D by the previous owners insurance company.
    I bought it from 4th Dimension (or surreyMCSalvage as they now seem to be known as on Ebay)
    I've bought Chinese injection mould fairings. These actually fit perfectly before any armchair experts pipe up about their quality
    All original (including damaged) fairing is still with the bike, boxed up and safe in a dry garage. They could be repaired by someone handy
    Just shy of 14'000 miles
    No service history (although bought from Chiswick Honda from what I can see, so might be available through them, I'll give it a shot)
    V5 is en route, never got round to applying for it, it got sent off today...can take about 6 weeks
    Comes with an official top box and Handa bracket thingy for it
    Oxford heated grips
    New official windscreen
    The fairings are a slightly different shade of white to the tank. I could get the tank sides painted to match, I've got a very talented painter contact

Here's a listing on Gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/p/honda-motorbikes/2012-vfr800/1369276085

Reckon £3500 is about right? (forget the current financial climate and pretend we're not in the midst of extreme reactions to something that'll give 99.7% a cough) Going off other Ebay listings - much higher mileage examples are going for more.

I'll stick some pics of my other bikes up later Smile

Being honest Mr. (Ms?) Veefour it does read as joining purely to plug your sale? One post, massive list of bike details, link to a advert? If not, fair enough, but it certainly looks like that at first (and second, third, and, being honest, fourth) glance to me as well...

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm? Err? Can I smell spam?

Nah! That’ll be me being sceptical! ,
Could’ve sworn I can smell spam.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:51 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

List it on Ebay as an auction with no reserve to find out the real market value.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 16 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smashed up.
Fixed with cheapest unpainted plastics with shit stickers added.
Reg plate hidden, what's hidden, shit MOT history or dodgy mileage?
No V5.
Over priced.
No buyers so spams it like a cunt.

veefour
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 08:50 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this is fucking brilliant. Good to see cuntiness is rife here 😂❤️

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/8b/0b/84/8b0b844a4f5d35d2519c50b5205bb12d--father-ted-charlie-hebdo.jpg

Sounds harsh but the forum would soon be choked with single-posters and their adverts. Reasonable, no?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:23 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If, for example, you have posted it in the relevant section of the forum then it wouldn't have been marked as spam.

Whose the cunt now?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:10 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
If, for example, you have posted it in the relevant section of the forum then it wouldn't have been marked as spam.

Whose the cunt now?

OP has probably done the Fastest Flounce from BCF so far.
veefour This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a popular book right now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Lose-Friends-Alienate-People/dp/0349114854/

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:12 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

veefour wrote:

"For Sale" and "Wanted" ads belong in Exchange & Mart

You linked to your ad for your bike.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was nothing wrong with the advice I gave you. If you list it on Ebay as a no-reserve auction you will find out the market value, i.e. the highest sum of money anyone is willing to pay for it.

If I tell you it's worth 10K, that would be worthless because I wouldn't put my money where my mouth was and buy it from you. If I told you it's worth a hundred quid, that would be worthless because others would pay more. So it's no use asking what the market value is. I'm sure you already understand this. So it does look like you're misusing the forum to spam your ad. You don't seem to have much time for forum members, so it's hard to conclude you have any other intention but spam.

veefour
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:57 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
veefour wrote:

"For Sale" and "Wanted" ads belong in Exchange & Mart

You linked to your ad for your bike.

Trying hard, now. Aren't you? The link wasn't to advertise, it was to simply facilitate an answer to the simple question. I don't think any reasonable person would have expected the extremist, dummy spitting reaction I got from you. You massively petulant wanker.

veefour
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:08 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
There was nothing wrong with the advice I gave you. If you list it on Ebay as a no-reserve auction you will find out the market value, i.e. the highest sum of money anyone is willing to pay for it.

If I tell you it's worth 10K, that would be worthless because I wouldn't put my money where my mouth was and buy it from you. If I told you it's worth a hundred quid, that would be worthless because others would pay more. So it's no use asking what the market value is. I'm sure you already understand this. So it does look like you're misusing the forum to spam your ad. You don't seem to have much time for forum members, so it's hard to conclude you have any other intention but spam.

I never said there was Thumbs Up

And, come on, no time for forum members? I'm not going to sit here and take abuse from jumped up shithawks like bastard-what's-his-face. Who the fuck does he think he is? I'm quite happy to get to know anyone here and meet them in person, including him.

However, contrary to the expert opinion(s) in this thread, I'm not going anywhere, it's not a spam ad, it's a question. I'm really not in any kind of situation where I have to justify myself. I'm pretty sure that if I'd have waited until I'd completed 100 posts, I'd still have received abuse from dickhead up there, forum boglins like him thrive on hiding behind a monitor and dishing out abuse, expecting their post count/time on a forum to count for something. He's just some cunt with a keyboard to me, and anyone who think's he's within reason to be acting the way he is towards me, should have no issue with my abuse towards him.

Anyway, Ebay's as useless an indicator as someone offering £100. A final bidding value doesn't represent market value. Mine's a rather unique situation as I've bought the bike in a certain state and fixed it up (regardless of what dickhead up there thinks, the fairings are actually superb quality. But I'm sure his armchair expert opinion is based on solid fact, rather than a second/third/fourth hand regurgitation of some other forum boglins uneducated, inexperienced view, right?).

It's got low mileage for the year, shows little to no wear and tear across the various components and comes with some stipulations - so there's swings and roundabouts in either owning or selling it. Anyone with basic mechanical knowledge would be able to look the bike over and see it's fine. I'd hazard a guess that more or less everyone that's had/got a few bikes under their belt, have bought one or two with little stamped history and gone off the general condition and ride quality of the vehicle. Just because some technician has changed the oil at Honda for a jumped up price, is not indicative of a cared for bike.

And last time I checked, this is a Motorcycle forum. So maybe, just maybe, there might be one or five people who've had similar situations and would be able to feed back their experience.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

veefour wrote:
Mine's a rather unique situation as I've bought the bike in a certain state and fixed it up (regardless of what dickhead up there thinks, the fairings are actually superb quality

Unique? No you are in the queue of retarded morons that think their shit attempt at fixing a Cat D/ Cat N is some special and amazing contribution to the used bike market that must be worth top dollar.

Don't doubt the quality of the plastic. It's the fact you bought the cheapest ones with no real paint scheme, as they will do any paint you like, it says you also skimped on everything else.

Anyways fuck off and die of the Corona Plague.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:33 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to enjoy working from home for the next couple of months.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 17 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

veefour wrote:
Bhud wrote:

I never said there was Thumbs Up

And, come on, no time for forum members? I'm not going to sit here and take abuse from jumped up shithawks like bastard-what's-his-face. Who the fuck does he think he is? I'm quite happy to get to know anyone here and meet them in person, including him.

However, contrary to the expert opinion(s) in this thread, I'm not going anywhere, it's not a spam ad, it's a question. I'm really not in any kind of situation where I have to justify myself. I'm pretty sure that if I'd have waited until I'd completed 100 posts, I'd still have received abuse from dickhead up there, forum boglins like him thrive on hiding behind a monitor and dishing out abuse, expecting their post count/time on a forum to count for something. He's just some cunt with a keyboard to me, and anyone who think's he's within reason to be acting the way he is towards me, should have no issue with my abuse towards him.

Anyway, Ebay's as useless an indicator as someone offering £100. A final bidding value doesn't represent market value. Mine's a rather unique situation as I've bought the bike in a certain state and fixed it up (regardless of what dickhead up there thinks, the fairings are actually superb quality. But I'm sure his armchair expert opinion is based on solid fact, rather than a second/third/fourth hand regurgitation of some other forum boglins uneducated, inexperienced view, right?).

It's got low mileage for the year, shows little to no wear and tear across the various components and comes with some stipulations - so there's swings and roundabouts in either owning or selling it. Anyone with basic mechanical knowledge would be able to look the bike over and see it's fine. I'd hazard a guess that more or less everyone that's had/got a few bikes under their belt, have bought one or two with little stamped history and gone off the general condition and ride quality of the vehicle. Just because some technician has changed the oil at Honda for a jumped up price, is not indicative of a cared for bike.

And last time I checked, this is a Motorcycle forum. So maybe, just maybe, there might be one or five people who've had similar situations and would be able to feed back their experience.

Some respect for this spirited response I'd have thought..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2