Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Whats to happen after the Covid19 Global Lock-Down?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:14 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Whats to happen after the Covid19 Global Lock-Down? Reply with quote

Well we're all banged up for the duration probably now extended due to whankers who continue to mill around in groups.
Is it 14 days (20 adjusting for stupid) ?
Or longer?

Have any politicians said how long?

I'm not at home so everything is from t' Internet.

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC Boris said somewhere during the below that it would be reviewed in three weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2gk1xey-c

You can leave the house for exercise, shopping or work but should stay at home beside that. I saw plenty of people going for runs and bike rides yesterday.

Thing is, though, the two instances I've seen of police intervention with people ignoring the rules is entertaining in their ability to demonstrate their right to exercise the powers given to them to disperse groups.

One video in London (of a park) shows police asking people politely to move on contentiously using "please," and a post on facebook by the police themselves stating something similar to "the officers felt it required to tip the BBQ over and tell people to go home after they refused and argued their right to enjoy a BBQ in the sunshine."

As for fines, I've seen no legislation or number placed on those ignoring the advice of Boris.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:26 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: Whats to happen after the Covid19 Global Lock-Down? Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Have any politicians said how long?

Laughing

I suspect long after the Virus is not a problem it'll be still getting used to monitor/restrict us.

Eurasia, Eastasia and Oceania got nothing on an invisible killer virus that stops people interacting on the most basic levels!

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: Whats to happen after the Covid19 Global Lock-Down? Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Well we're all banged up for the duration probably now extended due to whankers who continue to mill around in groups.
Is it 14 days (20 adjusting for stupid) ? Or longer? Have any politicians said how long?

I'm not at home so everything is from t' Internet.

Ah, t'tnterne'.

Looking at easily available information [ https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ ], China's experience indicates that it might be longer. In Wuhan, for instance, their "lockdown" started on 23rd Jan, and might be lifted about two weeks from now, which will be about 11 weeks.

If it's the same for us, that takes us well into June.

However, we have not taken the steps to control the spread of this virus that China has. It's possible that social and technical factors will reduce the time, but who knows.

My guess is that it will be at least 8 weeks, and then only IF people start taking proper notice of the lockdown, and IF there's suitable enforcement.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To spread out the load on the NHS, 4 weeks will be necessary. Anything longer would make me question whether there are other reasons.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
To spread out the load on the NHS, 4 weeks will be necessary. Anything longer would make me question whether there are other reasons.

What might the other reasons be?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

What might the other reasons be?

Don't know, tbh. But a second wave of the virus will demand another lockdown.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the charts, just wondering if the Italy one is starting to reach its peak.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's said that the large number of testing kits the government is buying will be available to NHS staff, and possibly to others, including the public, very soon (~a week).

THAT will change the outcome very much. It can't come too soon.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The isolation is one thing. We hope laws of nature will deal with that. Those with robust immune system will probably weather is like bad flu and gain an immunity (for this strain.).
The flu is still a deadly disease for folk with poor health. So vaccines are available for more vulnerable.
Covid19 is a long term deal. I don't think isolation will be deep enough to eradicate the virus.

Covid19 and its massive effects on the economy will actually be a bigger problem to solve.
Industry could be gone. Banks close on loans. Banks bust.

The isolation, I believe, is like a smoke screen. We cannot see what is hiding in it.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:56 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of see something, but it isn't nice. That is, the death rate from Covid-19 is radically different from about 4 weeks ago.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

The "Outcome of Cases" graph suggests a very much higher mortality outcome from the same disease than when it just affected a very few people some weeks ago. A possible cause of this could be the unavailability of medicines (vasodilators?) and respirators due to an acute shortage of these things around the country. As it's a respiratory infection, priority number one is to be able to breathe, so you have enough time to recover from the virus by waiting.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:02 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I sort of see something, but it isn't nice. That is, the death rate from Covid-19 is radically different from about 4 weeks ago.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

The "Outcome of Cases" graph suggests a very much higher mortality outcome from the same disease than when it just affected a very few people some weeks ago. A possible cause of this could be the unavailability of medicines (vasodilators?) and respirators due to an acute shortage of these things around the country. As it's a respiratory infection, priority number one is to be able to breathe, so you have enough time to recover from the virus by waiting.

Yes it's survivable if you can live long enough.
And if your immune system does go into overdrive and you self digest.

I read that the virus causes the fluid in your lungs to overwhelm the oxygen co2 exchange process so you more or less drown.
Not a good way to go.
I hope there's enough morphine.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's to happen after the Covid19 Global Lock-Down?

We'll realise that "key workers" are more valuable than their paper-shuffling managers and we'll invert the pay hierarchy. Being able to do stuff will be valued more than being able to say, "You missed a bit." I'm kidding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 25 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Quote:
What's to happen after the Covid19 Global Lock-Down?

We'll realise that "key workers" are more valuable than their paper-shuffling managers and we'll invert the pay .

One of the "paper shuffling managers" at my place is a guy who's been there more years than he'd probably care to admit. He started as a nurse, back in the days when nurses were badly paid, and has worked tirelessly and cheerfully the whole time , ended up as hospital director, and when I arrived for work two days ago he was standing in main reception in scrubs with some other (socially-distanced) nurses, taking swabs and talking reassuringly to harried staff.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

One of the "paper shuffling managers" at my place is a guy who's been there more years than he'd probably care to admit. He started as a nurse, back in the days when nurses were badly paid, and has worked tirelessly and cheerfully the whole time , ended up as hospital director, and when I arrived for work two days ago he was standing in main reception in scrubs with some other (socially-distanced) nurses, taking swabs and talking reassuringly to harried staff.

Who doesn't ❤ a good nurse?

That man. I 👏👏👏

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is we'll all be sat at home till the end of June.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
My guess is we'll all be sat at home till the end of June.

They talk of a "second wave" of this virus. That could come about when people who are fed up and rebellious, and lack sense, feel that there's an improvement in the situatoin, and start to abandon precautions.
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

- wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

They talk of a "second wave" of this virus.

Who are "They" exactly? Pass the popcorn

Them. You know...

I believe the chinkies (racist coz the Chinese government deserve racism right now.) probably did not have hospitals waiting for an epidemic.
It is more likely that the mass-production systems they use simply exploited the population more and just threw labour at the problem.

The 'hospitals' they had ready are pre-fab flat pack construction. Ground level.

I may have linked to a Wendover Productions clip.

10 days for a 10000 bed hospital.
Lots of work but many many hands. (And Hans)
JackButler This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on the news last night that the new hospital opening quickly in London is going to be bigger than the ones opened quickly in China.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does this thread have a Poor (abusive) rating?

I thought it was quite an interesting thread.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:47 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Because Covid-19.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 26 Mar 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I thought it was quite an interesting thread.

Coz Knobie the Absurd.

He's been isolated for 48hrs, has ran out of cheap booze and now going berzoh on the ratings. Probably O-Deed on Askit-Powders again. (A cry for help)

I think The Borg was a Knobie the Absurd sock. The Borg used to get drunk and throw his weight around the forum.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6