Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuberculosis wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:
What particular precautions is Japan taking? Is there any "surveillance" activity, for tracking and tracing, as there is in some other places?

The UK would be the country best able to put this into practice as apparently we're the most CCTV recorded country in the world.

I *think* that's South Korea. As well as surveillance by smartphone, they have also been tracking people via CCTV, and using CCTV to apprehend people not adhering to their anticoronavirus precautions.

(-> over to the Coronavirus thread for a post there)

Last edited by Riejufixing on 16:00 - 19 Apr 2020; edited 1 time in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Herd immunity" was mentioned early on in the UK, but it was an easy phrase to hate so it was dropped for that reason alone. Nature is still working to achieve it though.

The NHS should by now have collapsed under the strain if all the stories of winter crises and bed-shortages were true. Serious question; how has it managed to stay afloat? What's changed? Fewer drunks in A&E?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuberculosis wrote:
What's the situation with hospital beds and ventilator availability?

There are eight prefectures hospital beds availability is less than 20% rest. They now try to move patients with mild(or no) symptoms from hospitals to hotels to increase beds.
Ventilator(Ecmo) availability(for severe ones) is comming to nearly full I heard on TV last night (this isn't good).

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawashima wrote:
There are eight prefectures hospital beds availability is less than 20% rest. They now try to move patients with mild(or no) symptoms from hospitals to hotels to increase beds.
Ventilator(Ecmo) availability(for severe ones) is comming to nearly full I heard on TV last night (this isn't good).

20% bed availability is about an ideal number to sit at.

Regarding ventilators, if it stays at 'nearly full' but not 'full', this is also ideal, albeit uncomfortably close :-/

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
I *think* that's South Korea. As well as surveillance by smartphone, they have also been tracking people via CCTV, and using CCTV to apprehend people not adhering to their anticoronavirus precautions.

That's dumb. If a person was really insistent on breaking the rules you'd think they'd just leave their phone at home. Perish the thought! Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuberculosis wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

That's dumb. If a person was really insistent on breaking the rules you'd think they'd just leave their phone at home. Perish the thought! Laughing

So they are spotted on CCTV, detected by unusual non-movement, shopped by a concientious person who doesn't want the virus to spread (see their SARS-CoV-1 experience and similar with "bird 'flu"), stopped for something else and apprehended, detected from using their bank card, or whatever, and then they have only succeeded in both potentially spreading the virus, and attracting a penalty for breaking the law.

THAT's dumb!

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand.

https://i.imgflip.com/3xab05.jpg

droog
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:38 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol - I've just drunk 2 litres of cider and I don't understand anythingf anymotre Mr. Green Wasted

Royski
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 27 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few videos on YT by bikers that have been stopped when out for a joyride. All end the same with a bollocking from the local rozzers.

I was a smug git for a while because I work in a key role for the NHS and needed to commute every day. Dead roads and my bike was a perfect combination for some much-needed outdoorsy fun. Got stopped once and flashed the good old NHS staff ID and that was it.

Now they've worked out how we can do the job from home and I just look at my little bike under its tarp waiting for me.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3