BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBT renewal

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

BTWZombies
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:39 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: CBT renewal Reply with quote

My CBT is due is 2 months and there’s no tests being done, does anyone know what’s going on with this?!?!

Thank u in advance

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 30 Mar 2020    Post subject: Re: CBT renewal Reply with quote

BTWZombies wrote:
My CBT is due is 2 months and there’s no tests being done, does anyone know what’s going on with this?!?!

Thank u in advance

You need to find a training school that will do the test for you. There are some, but they will probably tell you to use your own kit, take hand sanitiser, etc. Phone around.

If no joy, call DVSA and ask them what is happening (you could do that first, even).

EDIT: You seem to be in or near Oxford.

Read:

https://www.lightningpass.com/

Edit again: Seems a bit of a minefield. No harm in chatting to your CBT school. I would do that (and talk to the DVSA and possibly DVLA).

SDFarsight
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My insurance company (Lexham) are extending the CBT licence so that at least from an insurance perspective you don't count as riding without a licence; though the DVLA have yet to say if CBTs are being extended in all other respects (ie the police may still consider your CBT to be out of date).

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDFarsight wrote:
My insurance company (Lexham) are extending the CBT licence so that at least from an insurance perspective you don't count as riding without a licence; though the DVLA have yet to say if CBTs are being extended in all other respects (ie the police may still consider your CBT to be out of date).

Can you share their comms on this as that one is confusing the living feck out of me. Ta.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SDFarsight
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:06 - 01 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
SDFarsight wrote:

Can you share their comms on this as that one is confusing the living feck out of me. Ta.

"For those of you who have a CBT which is due we can confirm that although these have not officially been extended by the government, from an insurance point of view if your CBT cannot be taken your insurer will continue to provide cover and does not need to be notified, in the event of a claim this will not be affected and nor will it prevent you from renewing your policy - although we can't speak for the DVLA.

We can also confirm that if you have volunteered to assist the NHS your cover will be automatically extended to cover this extra usage. If your work arrangements have changed so that you are working from a different premises, there is no need to update us if it is a temporary change. However if your immediate circumstances have changed from this point onwards, please contact us to let us know."

-Lexham insurance
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1