BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What a tw@.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:06 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: What a tw@. Reply with quote

I hope they throw the book at this idiot. Motorbike seized after 150mph quiet motorway ride Stupid for so many reasons Mad

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a badly worded head line. I thought the engine had gone bang.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, what a complete knob !!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: What a tw@. Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
I hope they throw the book at this idiot. Motorbike seized after 150mph quiet motorway ride Stupid for so many reasons Mad

So you have never broken a traffic law? Allow me to share a favourite phrase. 'Let him who is without sin cast the first stone'.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:43 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have, but what I haven't done is ride like a twat at more than twice the legal motorway speed limit, during a time of national crisis when our emergency services are already stretched to the limit and at a time when the plod are more vigilant than ever. Riding at that speed is daft at any time, but doing it now IMHO, takes into total twattishness.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not condoning what he did, but things like this are bound to happen when people have been cooped up for weeks and need a pressure release valve. Not everyone will do things like this, but there are a couple of markers (age and type of bike) suggesting this guy's brain is wired up as a high sensation/thrill-seeking type. The hippocampus in individuals develops differently based on childhood experiences (exposure to stressors). Fast bikes tend to attract people who want to deal with their issues in a nonconfrontational way, as they provide a combined sense of thrill with a feeling of control - activating a sensation of riding a rollercoaster or skydiving but with power and mastery; more dom than sub. The point about the pressure on the NHS and first responders from having to deal with the carnage if it went pear-shaped is valid, but I won't join in the chorus of disapproval. People are beginning to suffer mental health issues and it will get worse.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easily done and just imagine if he'd snicked it into 5th.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: What a tw@. Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
martin734 wrote:

So you have never broken a traffic law? Allow me to share a favourite phrase. 'Let him who is without sin cast the first stone'.

FGS.

"The man was travelling southbound on the M23 when he passed a marked police car at about 10:15 BST on Thursday"

Not that he should have been doing that speed, of course. He's had his bike siezed, too, so he won't be out and about for a few days, possibly more.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:34 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, there is a disturbing amount of self-riteousness circulating in general. Be it this kind of thing or police making snarky social media posts about having drone footage of someone walking by themself in the middle of nowhere.

The error he made was getting caught. Poor obs. I've done over 150 in traffic just to make an overtake before the end of the dual carriageway so I didn't get stuck behind a wagon.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
Yes I have, but what I haven't done is ride like a twat at more than twice the legal motorway speed limit, during a time of national crisis when our emergency services are already stretched to the limit and at a time when the plod are more vigilant than ever. Riding at that speed is daft at any time, but doing it now IMHO, takes into total twattishness.

I'm not trying to be an awkward twunt but is it worse for our ton up twerp to be doing those speeds on an empty motorway or for someone pootling along at 35 in a busy school zone, etc? I have my own peeves with drivers but don't air what they might be because those same drivers might well have similar views about some of my lawbreaking stunts.
If this chap had been on an autobahn we woukldn't be discussing this.

The trouble with opinions is that they are like arseholes, everyone's got one but if you're gonna drop trew and show it you wanna make damn sure it's clean. Wink

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:37 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
It's easily done and just imagine if he'd snicked it into 5th.

"Would you like to explain why we clocked you at 150mph."

"I was slowing down for my exit.."

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Not condoning what he did, but things like this are bound to happen when people have been cooped up for weeks and need a pressure release valve.

No. What happened to self control? "I had been cooped up for two weeks, yer 'onour, so I {nutted the wife|robbed the bank|buggered the dog|sold the drugs|[whatever]}, be mussiful gov'ner". So, no.

Last edited by Riejufixing on 23:43 - 09 Apr 2020; edited 1 time in total

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I don't know officer....I get this tunnel vision thing happening anywhere near 160....hence the use of barbiturates'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:45 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
I'm not trying to be an awkward twunt but is it worse for our ton up twerp to be doing those speeds on an empty motorway or for someone pootling along at 35 in a busy school zone

No schoolchildren in school now. I shuppose kittens could shtill be shquelched...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:47 - 09 Apr 2020    Post subject: Re: What a tw@. Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
Stupid for so many reasons Mad

I know right!!

Parking up in a nearby car park was just asking to be caught. If you want to get away successfully then it's a good idea to get as far away as possible as quickly as possible and then keep going.

You need to be even further away than that by the time any of the police start to think about seeing if they can get their helicopter to come and have a look for you.

Gagged

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 10 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

If this chap had been on an autobahn we woukldn't be discussing this.

Absolutely.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:58 - 10 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 on a motorway is probably less dangerous than all the sunny evening heroes I could hear last night passing through my town to play on country lanes.

Poor bastard that got caught is going to face a court biased by all this "I'm most outraged competition", that is going on. He best pack soap on a rope.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:09 - 10 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got caught! Now he has to live with the consequences, his tough luck.

Maybe he should’ve kept going?

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:05 - 11 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also m23 is probably the right place to do that shizzle, especially overnight- i get it was 10am but the traffic is nowhere near normal. He did done bad and he will pay the price im sure, but at least if he had a prang at that speed he would be unlikely to cause much of a burden on the nhs, it would be a cursory look at his body and the paramedics would be gone again whilst plod looked for his head.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:44 - 13 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long long time ago there was an article in 'Bike' magazine about ''How not to get caught speeding' which caused a lot of controversy at the time , because it was condoning , nay encouraging illegal activity.
This was in the days before anything more technical than a red phone box, by the way.
Amongst other tips and advice one idea was to sort out long legged country road in daylight and then go for it at night and if you ever saw any headlights or whatever, then to slow down as you never know who it might be. ( who is out at 3 am)

Riding past marked Police cars at 10 am in daylight was definitely discouraged as being risky.

Those early Bike magazine by Mark Williams were excellent.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 13 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve the grease wrote:

Those early Bike magazine by Mark Williams were excellent.

They were weren't they. Just the right balance between humour and serious articles and weren't right up their own arse like some of the other mags at hat time.

Plus of course Ogri Thumbs Up

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 16 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

May as well try your luck and keep going in that situation, your life is ruined if you pull over, whereas there's a small chance you might escape on the road and have the good fortune that the copper chopper is elsewhere.

sean5302
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 16:27 - 16 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pile.
We are still in Europe, you know, the place that starts about 12 miles from Dover.
If the rider had been doing 150mph along the German autobahn, so what?
Why do people pontificate because he did it here?
There was no victim and he did no harm to anyone. Far too many curtain-twitchers and people with their noses in other folks' business.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 16 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean5302 wrote:
If the rider had been doing 150mph along the German autobahn, so what? Why do people pontificate because he did it here?

What if he'd been doing it anywhere at all in Europe, passing a marked police car, apart from the unrestricted sections of the German autobahn?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:48 - 16 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"His bike was also seized."

What would be the reason for that?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4