BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The smelltrack to your life

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 10 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a bottle of Le Male that big fella left in a box in the bathroom.

Spritzed it about a bit.
Doesn't really remind me of him, cos he didn't wear it all that much.
So that's alright.

Guess I can use it as air freshener Rolling Eyes

In other olfactory news, my kitchen smells of Baileys and oregano, cos I got the munchies and made potato skins with black olives, oregano and grated Iberico cheese.

Nice.

I spilt the Baileys and trod on the cat's tail. She meowed in rage, I went to placate her and forgot to go and wipe it up. Fuck.

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 11 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

In other olfactory news, my kitchen smells of oregano,
Awww, he was my favourite Womble.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby is farting a lot.
I don't know what it is that I have fed him.
But his arse is rotten.

My choices are:
Light a candle, which his mum leaves quite a few around the place, but the only one that is suitable is a green apple flavoured one and I hate green apple flavour.
Smoke a joint, which will have two effects: One that it will make the place smell better, adn two that it will make me wankered so I might not notice the farty smell so much.

Fucking minging dog.
Mad

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick a candle up the dogs arse then get it stoned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sufficiently stoned to be unable to differentiate between the words "Fisty" and "Farty"
I thought my last post said "might not notice the fisty smell so much".
Laughing Shocked

Sorry sweetie, just thought I should mention it.
Jeeeeeez my eyesight is bad at this time of night Laughing

The green apple candle is not quite as bad as I expected it to be.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 25 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late on this thread, and not read it all, but I swear there was a Govan Musk type scent for men called 'Pagan Man' with some type of of Neanderthal on the bottle. Around the same time as Hai Karate (of which I still have the best part of a bottle)
Shocked

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Late on this thread, and not read it all, but I swear there was a Govan Musk type scent for men called 'Pagan Man' with some type of of Neanderthal on the bottle. Around the same time as Hai Karate (of which I still have the best part of a bottle)
Shocked

If you find the bottle with the Neanderthal on the label, can you let me have his phone number.
Much obliged, guvnor Laughing

BigTim
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:33 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Around the same time as Hai Karate (of which I still have the best part of a bottle)
Shocked

you could be in possession of the cure for covid19!

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:25 - 27 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite a sensitive nose. It's not necessarily offended by bad smells, but certain smells trigger adverse reactions.

For example certain perfumes give me intense headaches. Opium and poison (both mentioned earlier, which is what put it in mind) are chief culprits. Family gatherings are a minefield as my mother wears poison and my nana wears opium.

The flip side of course is that certain smells bring back really intense memories and feelings. For example, back when I was a young teen (late 90s), a girl called Lucy I was madly in love with wore Charlie white. If I catch a whiff of it now, my heart skips a beat and I'm instantly back in love with her, albeit for the briefest of moments. It's a feeling greater than mere reminiscence.

Burning steel is another great smell... whenever I whip out the angle grinder and that smell fills the air, I'm back to being a little kid watching my dad and helping him as best I could. Now, if they could bottle that smell as aftershave, I'd bathe in the stuff...

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 27 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:

Burning steel is another great smell... whenever I whip out the angle grinder and that smell fills the air, I'm back to being a little kid watching my dad and helping him as best I could. Now, if they could bottle that smell as aftershave, I'd bathe in the stuff...

Proper old school engineering workshops, oil, cutting fluid, metal.

I wish I could bottle that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 18 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my house mostly smells of herbs.
I have been freezing all the green herbs I bought at the supermarket, so as to have plenty for future cookery projects.

Now there is thyme all over the kitchen floor, my hands smell of dill, and the kitchen has that licorice-y smell of basil.

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:28 - 19 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year when experimenting and feeling flush, I brought a bottle of creed aventus aftershave the best and lingering smell ever.

But at a couple of hundred quid not brought any since. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 299 days between these two posts...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This evening my kitchen does mostly smell of strawberries.

I nuked some frozen ones in a little bowl with some water and sweetner, and they smell amazing, like strawberry candyfloss. Wub

I'm waiting for them to cool down so I can spoon the mushed up juice over some Thick Rich Yoghurt.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck off, old thread alert spiders.
*chases spiders away*

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:51 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting smell-related story.

Mate of mine is an ex para sergeant and one of his jobs was chatting with men who had come off active service about any problems they were having. In a "Sit down and have a couple of beers" scenario. They'll tell him things they wouldn't tell an officer or headshrink.

Something that was flagged up as a surprisingly common issue was that they had got so habituated with sneaking off to the latrines for a wank, they couldn't get it up without the smell of shite.

My mates typically practical advice on how to deal with this issue was to casually scratch your arse in the guise of adjusting your underpants then have a sly sniff of the resulting finger.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:06 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/C376r.jpeg

Or take up golf, other gloves are available.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:48 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
This evening my kitchen does mostly smell of strawberries.

I nuked some frozen ones in a little bowl with some water and sweetner, and they smell amazing, like strawberry candyfloss. Wub

I'm waiting for them to cool down so I can spoon the mushed up juice over some Thick Rich Yoghurt.

I'm right into strawberries.
(Espeshally the Scottish bastirts.)

My bent is currently a bucket of Tesco Greek Strawberry yogurt.
With a punnet of Scotch Strawberries.

Tescos Lactose free Greek.

Not Greek Style. Greek Style is thickened using chemical.

No particular reason for lactose free, it's just the only one I can find that's Greek and not Greek Style.

I don't want or feel any need for Name Brands at this moment in time.

I tried Skeyer/Skeiyer (whateverthefuckitscalled)

I put half of it in my Brown Bin. It was like eating unset Plaster of Paris. (I have not eaten plaster of paris.)

Back on topic.

Fresh Ground Coffee smell still has an effect on me.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:24 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much differencebetween Greek Youghurt and normal stuff. Greek stuff has been put in a fine seive immediately after it's made so any whey runs out through the seive. You land up with about half as much volume of youghurt, but thicker.

A yoghurt maker is one of the few unigadgets in my kitchen. Spoonful of any old youghurt (or use a small pack of the fancy stuff) stirred into a carton of UHT milk, turn it on and wait 8 hours. Yoghurt results. Seive it if you want Greek yoghurt. Much tastier than most of the bought stuff and very cheap. I use UHT milk because you have to heat the milk to just below boiling then cool it for the process to work properly, this has already been done with the UHT stuff and I'm a lazy person

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:37 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Not much differencebetween Greek Youghurt and normal stuff. Greek stuff has been put in a fine seive immediately after it's made so any whey runs out through the seive. You land up with about half as much volume of youghurt, but thicker.

A yoghurt maker is one of the few unigadgets in my kitchen. Spoonful of any old youghurt (or use a small pack of the fancy stuff) stirred into a carton of UHT milk, turn it on and wait 8 hours. Yoghurt results. Seive it if you want Greek yoghurt. Much tastier than most of the bought stuff and very cheap. I use UHT milk because you have to heat the milk to just below boiling then cool it for the process to work properly, this has already been done with the UHT stuff and I'm a lazy person

I've never considered a yogurt maker.
On ma wishlist now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0752VYY9N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_KS150VKP8KZG73FWEV0R

Cums with a sieve for al Greco.

(Lakeland so it will match my bread machine.)

I don't like the caramelized taint of uht so I will bile and cool my Scotch Coo Juice. It's not like I'm dead busy when off work.

I buy Greek cause I prefer the texture. I avoid style cause it has stuff in it other than yogurt products.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 09 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now got six and a half lily flowers open (out of about 12) and the house is heavy with the scent. Wub

Yes Stinkwheel, I have cut out the stamens Mr. Green Thumbs Up
Tried to avoid letting pollen drop.

But I felt a bit mean...
When I was a kid, I used to pull the catkins off the silver birch trees, until my dad once pointed out that those were the equivalent of fingers on the tree, and that I wouldnt like it if someone did that to me.

So when I was snipping out the stamens on the lilies, it felt like I might be cutting out their tongues. I might have apologised to them out loud ... Shifty

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 09 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few spots of rain just now landing in dust after weeks of rather dry weather - Petrichor

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 09 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I smelled a smell that instantly transported me back to my halcyon days of yoot.
Bitumen or bitchamin as I called it.
I've always liked that aroma for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5