Fisty wrote:

That is fucking strange breakfast

I'm a fucking strange bird.
Deal with it.
Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:08 - 15 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier planet hellkat smelled of salmon.
Bit pongy, but I made a salmon and French bean salad for tomorrow's lunch, which I shall anoint with [some sorta lemon-and-oil-based flavouring]

But I was also cooking pork belly strips with honey, mustard and pesto.
So the house, for various reasons, smells particularly green this evening.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 15 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wifie moaning the house smells fishy Laughing

No dear, it's Calamari, not fish. Rolling Eyes

'Do they sh1t in the sea? Then they are fish'

Yes dear. Brick Wall

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 15 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell her no, luv: they get out of the water to take a dump and then they get back in again. Like when you are in the bath.

That's why they have so many legs: so they can hold their body away from the stream of poo, and not fall over into it.

See how long it is before you hear her tell somebody else the same thing.

Then sit back and smile.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garlic, mint sauce, thyme, white wine.
Roasting leg of lamb ...
Should last me most of the week Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:36 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynx Oriental. Gone now, but I got a hint of it in some other product a while back and I was transported back to Uni in the early '90s.

Miracle by Lancôme used to send me back to a brief romance with a Puerto Rican woman on that lovely Caribbean island. The link was spoiled somewhat when an unpleasant woman at my old place of work started wearing it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:21 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Garlic, mint sauce, thyme, white wine.
Roasting leg of lamb ...
Should last me most of the week Laughing

Jealous much, Deep Southers aren't particularly keen on lamb so the only place you can guarantee it being on a menu is at one of the few Indian restaurants round here or for absolutely fucking extortionate prices on a few measly specimens at a supermarket. Sad

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been digging. I smell.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Jealous much, Deep Southers aren't particularly keen on lamb so the only place you can guarantee it being on a menu is at one of the few Indian restaurants round here or for absolutely fucking extortionate prices on a few measly specimens at a supermarket. Sad

You still wake up sometimes, don't you?
You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs.
Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:09 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
I have been digging. I smell.

Fresh man sweat.
Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:11 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Lynx Oriental. Gone now, but I got a hint of it in some other product a while back and I was transported back to Uni in the early '90s.

Miracle by Lancôme used to send me back to a brief romance with a Puerto Rican woman on that lovely Caribbean island. The link was spoiled somewhat when an unpleasant woman at my old place of work started wearing it.

I keep hoping that I will waft past someone whilst wearing Brut and have them trigger a smell-memory.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 19 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

You still wake up sometimes, don't you?
You wake up in the dark and hear the screaming of the lambs.
Shocked

I bloody wish, but it's only ever the neighbour's goats and I'm not that keen on goat. Guess it's back to the usual accompanied by Fava beans and a nice Chianti... Drooling

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 21 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently found and purchased Pure Nag Champa insense as it reminds me of my late 20's...hazy weekends, hanging out with my cousin, sleeping in the truck with the wood burner crackling along in the background. Karma

As for perfumes, some of my former favourites are now £50-60 quid to buy, or far and few between...I have found a new favourite from Next of all places - Pure Happiness, and very much affordable. Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 23 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep opening bags or boxes that smell of my ex-husband's house Puke

His cat seemed quite pleased. I left a load of his paperwork on the Alpha Male chair and she went to sit down on it, then she noticed that it was a Very Familiar Smell and stood there with her little pointy mouth open, breathing in the scent. You could see that it soothed her.

I like to do that sometimes too. It's very animalistic thing to do, a weirdly sensual experience: like you want to breathe in a smell with all your senses, so you use your nose AND your mouth.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 25 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've burnt the ANZAC biscuits.
Don't tell Rowey Shifty

Hopefully I have rescued them in time, got them back out, put them on more appropriate baking trays ...

But there's a slight smell of burnt sugar about the place at the moment.
Embarassed

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's olfactory conundrum is this:

Why is it that when you walk past jasmine in full bloom, it smells gorgeous.

So when you pick some and optimistically take it home to put in a vase, within hours it smells like your Nana's underpants.

Shocked

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

So when you pick some and optimistically take it home to put in a vase, within hours it smells like your Nana's underpants.

Shocked
Use a proper vase, not the jerry from under the bed.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 30 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Shocked

Huh, makes mental note never to pick the, currently flowering, jasmine that grows around the wellhouse.

I got the missus a gardenia for Valentine's one year and it's planted right outside the back door. At the moment I come home to jasmine perfume wafting across the yard when I climb out of the truck, then a hit of gardenia as I approach the door and then when I open the door I counter all that loveliness with the nastiness of stinky wet Labrador. A sensible person would keep the dog outside and the grow the flowers inside.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I looooooooooove gardenias.
I bought my bestie one for her 40th birthday, had it delivered over to her in Cyprus, she was delighted, and planted it in her garden.

I've still not managed to get over there to smell it.
Brick Wall

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 01 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but wet dog.

They have a certain candid charm to them.
V.evocative.
Wub

TheIncredible...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 14 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully 14 days isn't too bad to resurrect a thread? Embarassed

Anyway.....

I recently picked up a 25th Anniversary can of Lynx Africa which brought back so many memories as a teenager, pretty much all great memories too.

My wife is Polish and didn't have the pleasure of experiencing the joy of this scent growing up, so upon spraying it gratuitously upon myself, she seemed to love it! Not so much to turn her in to one of the rather lovely scantily clad page 3 types from the old adverts but beggars can't be choosers I guess Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 14 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheIncredibleSulk wrote:
Hopefully 14 days isn't too bad to resurrect a thread? Embarassed

Not at all, my dear.
Happy for it.

I was kind of hoping that people would pick it up and run with it, like one of the "daily" / occasional threads , cos I am all about the senses, taste, sight, smell, touch (whats the other one, oh wait, thats the "Today I am listening to..." thread ... and in all honesty, I was getting bored of contributing all by myself. So do feel free to contribute to any sort of smells that are pervading your life.

This is BCF, by the way, not Mumsnet, so if you wish to cherish a particularly notable yet unpleasant odour you might have experienced, or indeed created all by yourself ... Shifty then do feel free. I'm sure we can all relate.

I started it off about the smell of Brut cos I happened that day to come across it, and its cool when people ontribute their feelings about those old fragrance memories ... but I like to notice different smells and recording them for posterity is a nice reminder of what a thrill (or indeed, not) one gets from smelling them.

Today my house mostly smells of rosemary because not only did I hack the rosemary bush about in the garden on the weekend, but I also brought loads of branches back into the house for the church service (online) ahead of Nino's cremation this morning.

So my living room smells all of rosemary, and now there are little blue flowers and green spikey leaves all over the fucking house, grrr!! LOL

TheIncredible...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 15 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

This is BCF, by the way, not Mumsnet, so if you wish to cherish a particularly notable yet unpleasant odour you might have experienced, or indeed created all by yourself ... Shifty then do feel free. I'm sure we can all relate.

Well in the spirit of being fair when it comes to odour reporting, my office at work is directly attached to one of the W.C's and as it happens, it's the one that just happens to be used the most, much to my annoyance.

The issue isn't the eclectic array of noises that emanate from there, it's the rather unpleasant range of smells that seem to find their way in to my office, regardless of my doors and windows being closed!

Let's just say that despite the popular belief that lady "2" doesn't smell of anything but roses and Unicorns, it usually wiff's as bad if not worse than some of the grotesque bloke smells that I have to endure....... Sick

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:14 - 15 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you've managed to grasp the BCF lowest common denominator firmly by the testicles and given it a good yank, there Laughing

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 15 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I see you've managed to grasp the BCF lowest common denominator firmly by the testicles and given it a good yank, there Laughing
Yeah, but he probably had a quick sniff of them at the same time.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 318 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5