BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki Van Van (rv125)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 30 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my CBT on a Van Van too. They are comfy and a bit of fun. I don't think they were built for speed tho. I've seen them described as the marmite bike, you either like em or loathe em. That tank looks a bit on the small side for long range roaming, maybe it lives on fumes.

There's a forum for all things Van Van at https://www.suzukivanvan.co.uk

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 30 Sep 2008    Post subject: Re: Van Van Reply with quote

darren01274 wrote:
Hi it is the new 2004 model i bought i decided to go for that because i passed my cbt on it so i already knew the bike if you know what i mean, i sat on a few different bikes in the shop i didnt feel right sat on the sporty (racing style bikes) also i considered getting the honda xl125 that was my first choice but read some bad reports on them on net so i chose the van van also it is a 4 stroke engine.

Some people may say they are slow but i have had over 60 mph on it and felt it could have done more, but it is a really smooth ride and i only got it till i pass my full test then im moving to a bigger bike.

Smile Smile

Don't get to excited, they use the same engine as the GZ125 (a cruiser) and even after we fiddled around with the gearing (smaller rear sprocket) it would hit 65mph on a very good day with absolutley no headwind (maybe a slight tail wind). And i believe the VanVan is considerabley heavier.

Oh well, aslong as you like it and get a lot of miles under your belt.

Try and get your test done before march if your possible, as that is when it changes. Unless they postpone it again.

Enjoy Smile

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 30 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next thread bump is due 2010 - wonder how many VanVans will be on the road then?

Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Xenocide
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:03 - 30 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Next thread bump is due 2010 - wonder how many VanVans will be on the road then?

Smile

Hah I hadn't noticed how old the thread was.

ajacko
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:46 - 30 Sep 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just really disappointed that it isn't actually a van.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 01 Oct 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe i didn't realise how old it was either, don't really look unless i need to for a specific reason.

And yeah, the engine in the VanVan, GZ, GN etc make around 10.5-11hp, you won't get it to produce anymore unless you spend a lot of money getting the bore honed ands tuff, polishing the valves, getting them seated right....and you can't forget the racing spark plug Laughing Laughing Laughing

Only way you may change things is by changing the gearing, depending on your weight you may benefit from a smaller front or bigger rear, it will let it pull easier in top gear and has been known to increase top speed (aswell as acceleration). I dropped the size of my rear sprocket (same effect as increasing the size of the front sprocket) and it did make a big of a different. I had a screen on mine (until it broke when i came off) and i had been clocked doing 62mph into wind(someone following me with a road angel on an SV) and i wasn't exactly a light guy then. Razz

walkerz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 15:27 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Is VanVan capable to carry two persons on longer trip (100-200 km)? Is speed in that case considerably lower and how does suspension cope with that much weight?

Thank you Smile

Greetings from Serbia Smile

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 15:37 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now no sarcastic comments about the age of the thread Tut Tut

At least Van Van owners seem capable of using the search button Thumbs Up

Walkerz, yes it is capable, yes speed will reduce, no suspension should cope fine Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:08 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord the resurrections these days...

Yes the Van Van is capable of carrying two adults over distance with no major problems.

Mine carried me and a friend a combined weight of 158Kg

And though it might sound like you are killing it, it will do 100kph... just Thumbs Up

walkerz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 09:01 - 16 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your information! It's greatly appreciated. Smile
I instantly fell in love in to this bike, first moment I saw it Smile

Cheers

MissR
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 00:19 - 17 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
I had a TW125 for a year before I did my test, it is very similair to the VanVan, it just looks better Wink Razz
And it was so easy to ride on the.... poorly surfaced roads around here.
Only ever saw one other TW125 around, and no VanVans.
They are nice bikes IMO.
Thumbs Up

I was considering the Van Van for my first bike, but I just got a TW125 too Smile Just gotta do my CBT now! Going to re-spray it with the help of my lovely boyfriend as I have no clue what I am doing Razz

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 04:33 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is older than most of BCFs new members.

TW85
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 21:33 - 25 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

oh dear. i think you should have gone for at least a cg. Confused
heck, what a gs? i know i am biased, but surely it looks better than the van-van?

Are you kidding me? Van vans are cool. I have a TW, way cooler than a CG

Hanvan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:54 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suzuki VanVan K4 in orange and its the coolest 125 around! Its comfortable, cheap to run and excellent learner bike!!!

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider

PostPosted: 15:38 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the debate, although a bit late Wink

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting in an olde threade:
I was trying to convince my missus to get a CBT so I could buy her an old vanvan and spray it pink for her to ride to her horse-stable-job. Then I would secretly go out on it when no-one was looking.

Bucky
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 22 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpity Bump Laughing

Just done my CBT on one, great fun! Cool bike with nearly no risk of getting caught speeding on it. I couldn't get much over 50mph on it... not cool on national speed limit roads.
MCNs review got it's top speed as 60 which is probably right since I wasn't sticking my chin to tank & I'm fairly big Rolling Eyes

now to sort out a DAS Mr. Green

ryhardcastle
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:46 - 23 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing my 125 training on one. Did the module 1 test the other day with one and I think it's a great little bike! I say little but it is actually quite a chunky bike for a 125. The tyres are massive!

Drevil
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 06:59 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i did my cbt on one and i have to admit i hated the thing it felt like ridding a tank Sick

calyx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:35 - 12 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for another resurrection. Mr. Green

I've seen this bike today and eventually managed to find out it was a van van. Maybe I am a bit in a gay mood but I can't stop thinking this bike is cool as ****!
When I raise some cash, I might buy one as a 250cc van van project.
Maybe a superdream 400 engine.. Cool

neil.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:35 - 12 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one parked up at work... man the size of the back tyre... bloody huge. I wonder if it's easy to get hold of?

Cigaro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:32 - 13 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like them too. I don't actually know why, though Laughing

Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 15:54 - 13 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBassJunky wrote:
I really like them too. I don't actually know why, though Laughing

When it came round to replacing my old honda, I went down to my dealer (Aye Gees Welling) and sat on one. Felt really nice, loved it entirely except for the exhaust, so I got a GZ instead Laughing

BlackStallion
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 22:18 - 01 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to do my CBT on a Hyosung Karion RT125, which is very similar to the Van Van, but unfortunately it was taken, and i ended up having to do it on a little Vespa 125, which i didn't like at all.

I think the Van Van looks like a pretty cool bike. It's good being different, so don't worry about what people think Thumbs Up

I have a Hyosung XRX 125, which has been mistaken for a Chinese bike so many times, and as long as you are happy with it and you no the facts, that's all that counts Thumbs Up

My 125 has been a thrill to ride, and i've had such fun on it, even though people say you can't have fun on a 4 stroke 125, well i can Mr. Green

Just enjoy it mate, that's what riding is all about, whether it be on a bike or a woman Laughing

Congrats with your CBT to buddy Thumbs Up

steve750
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 01 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very old thread but never mind i also have a van van which i have actually passed to my partner Lorna, she uses it to practice in one of our fields before she goes for her CBT. I used to use it before i passed my test and although it is slow it was comfy and okay to ride. Our one has done 75mph but that was with a tail wind, i never use it now obviously because i have a slightly faster GSXR-750. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 14 years, 111 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4