Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

We are not alone...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted from
Quote:
The Aviationist points to a 2007 post from Above Top Secret (a site for discussing classified government programs)

That's a good trick.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:34 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Unfortunately, neither of your links appear to be very conclusive, especially the second one with the mad professor (why do professors always have such wild hair?!), who seems to constantly stress that he would like to see more evidence, and is careful not to say it's all a fake. But anyway, I have no idea why he would be the correct expert to submit such an enquiry to.
The first one says there are 3 versions of varying quality, and then appears to go on to discuss what they have said themselves is the worst of the three - which didn't give them much to go by.

The FLIR mirrors question seems to me to be a bit weak since the video shows different sensors being used, including visual camera, and still the object remains pretty much the same, although with varying degrees of definition.

It would be interesting to see any original military documentation and reports that go with this, since no one seems to be arguing about the original source of the video (i.e. USN).

My conclusion is that there is not enough evidence to say one way or the other what we are looking at. The video is not the only evidence that would need to be taken into account. You have air and shipborne witnesses to the 'event', and we would need to establish the trustworthiness of those sources. I would tend to trust professional (professional, right Islander? Laughing ) military personnel, but I would trust it a lot more if there were, and we could see, official reports of the incident from the time at which it occurred.

Islander wrote:
Hush now. Laughing

Who are you telling to hush, ya bleedin' amateur?! Laughing

To be fair, I haven't stated that it's definitely an artefact of the optical system just that it's the most likely of the options especially with mirrors flipping back and forth to change views. I've seen a lot of optical artefacts even in expensive top end lens systems.

Another possibility is man made technology. It's pretty well known that the 'murcans have been trying to develop hypersonic missile technology and not doing that well at it (until recently apparently). So it is possible it's an out of control test but TBH, I wouldn't have thought they'd be likely to do that where there are vessels and aircraft on exercise without previous briefing. Even 'murcans wouldn't be that stupid... Would they? Laughing

If it were something like hypersonic missile testing then it would suit the military to have people going with the OMGALIENS idea, it's an ideal way to hide developing technology and was exploited at Groom Lake when they were developing the stealth fighter and bomber.

Whatever it was, it wasn't aliens. Laughing
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

Tut tut. Bad boy. Ufology? Forensic? Really?? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:39 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like Islander's flying cheesecake idea. A glimpse into the future of food delivery?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Islander wrote:
.. the most likely and most rational explanation is an artifact caused by the optical systems in use. Smile

Unlikely and irrational imo, considering the radar corroborations and simultaneous pilot sightings, i'm inclined to side with seasoned experts and the considered opinion of the DOD.
"multiple interactions with anomalous aerial vehicles (AAVs) over two weeks" demonstrating high speed and advanced cloaking capabilities.
“The AAVs would descend ‘very rapidly’ from approximately 60,000 feet down to approximately 50 feet in a matter of seconds,”
Pilots indicated there may have been something in the water as well. One pilot detailed a disturbance up to the size of a football field about 50 to 100 meters in diameter and circular. It was the only area and type of whitewater activity that could be seen and resembled "something rapidly submerging like a submarine or a ship sinking" or "shoal water around a barely submerged reef or island"
Another pilot described a disturbance beneath the water of an AAV that “looked like frothy waves and foam almost as if the water was boiling.” Thumbs Up

Cloaking??? Seriously? It may possibly have been coated with an attenuating paint to absorb radar signals but cloaking??

This isn't Star Trek.

If you want to debate the real science I'll be happy to oblige though. Thumbs Up

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I kind of like Islander's flying cheesecake idea. A glimpse into the future of food delivery?

It's a definite winner. Thumbs Up

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Patently a Pleiadean mothership from the planet Electra calculating Energy dispersal distances from undisclosed technology being utilised under the auspices of the top secret ET/ Earth military alliance.

Are we playing conspiracy theorist bingo here? Laughing

HOUSE!!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:41 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The autist formerly known to be racist has obviously trawling his echo chambers to find people who have bcf accounts to give him good karma.

It's not going to help.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
I've seen a lot of optical artefacts even in expensive top end lens systems.

What FLIR system are you using?
What are the qualifications of the writer of your "parabunk" link article, out of interest?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
I've seen a lot of optical artefacts even in expensive top end lens systems.

What are the qualifications of the writer of your "parabunk" link article, out of interest?

I'm not of course. But optical systems are optical systems at any wavelength. Lenses, plane mirrors whether they're dielectric or simple, prisms etc. are all susceptible to internal reflections and anomalies under some conditions.

I've no idea of his/her qualifications to be honest, I was just tit for tatting with links Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I'm not of course.

Why "of course"? I've had some experience of installing and testing military FLIR systems. You might've had for all I knew.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Cloaking??? Seriously? It may possibly have been coated with an attenuating paint to absorb radar signals but cloaking??

This isn't Star Trek.

If you want to debate the real science I'll be happy to oblige though. Thumbs Up

Wonder if they have teleporters too?

"I teleported home one night,
with Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away,
And I got Sidney's leg."

Sad

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:20 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

I'm not of course.

Why "of course"? I've had some experience of installing and testing military FLIR systems. You might've had for all I knew.

Fair point. I knew you were ex-RAF and probably had some knowledge of avionic systems from things you've said in the past.

I've never served in any branch of the military for the record. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:31 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I tell you a little amusing anecdote while we're on the subject? Smile

Oh, g'wan, you know you want to hear it! Laughing

Here it is anyway:
I worked at a unit called EWAU - Electronic Warfare and Avionics Unit. (There was a sign outside our hangar: "EWAU, 4 Hangar", and underneath that, the unit motto: "Lead and Mislead", which I liked to modify to "4 Shed, Easily Misled" Laughing) Nothing highbrow; we manufactured and installed installations for various aircraft, FLIR, RHWR, chaff & flare, and the maritime reconnaisance equipment on Nimrods among other stuff.

We had just installed a FLIR system into a helicopter, and were testing it out in the hangar. There was a young WRAF lady who worked in admin in the offices upstairs. To leave the offices, you had to walk down the stairs then through the hangar to the entrance/exit door (security controlled for obvious reasons).
Well, it was our good luck that she came walking through the hangar just as we were testing this installation. Halfway across the hangar floor, she stopped to see where the laughing was coming from. It was us lot watching her on the FLIR display, captivated by the way her big tits stood out in bright white on the display, where they strained against her RAF pullover Laughing She was not amused!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:44 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The autist formerly known to be racist has obviously trawling his echo chambers to find people who have bcf accounts to give him good karma.

It's not going to help.

* is
I appreciate your paranoid thought police vendetta stalking may pass the time Nobby, but kindly leave me out of it, there's a good chap.

I'm not the trump supporting mdp good karma giving conspiracy theorist antivaxxer.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I'm not the trump supporting mdp good karma giving conspiracy theorist antivaxxer.

But what do you really think? Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
I was just tit for tatting with links Wink

Well obviously I did you the courtesy of watching and commenting on yours; have you watched mine, the Commander Fravor interview?

Sorry, like a dog with a bone on this Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
I was just tit for tatting with links Wink

Well obviously I did you the courtesy of watching and commenting on yours; have you watched mine, the Commander Fravor interview?

Sorry, like a dog with a bone on this Laughing

TWO HOURS worth of video? Is there a TL: DL somewhere? Is this revenge for telling you to hush now? Laughing

I'll give it a watch tomorrow Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 05 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't believe him, he's quite an engaging interviewee. Besides, we're in lockdown - it's that or do the household chores Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

TWO HOURS worth of video? Is there a TL: DL somewhere?

You could watch maybe just the first 40mins or so. After that, much of it goes to speculative and wider discussion.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15