Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

We are not alone...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

WULFSTAN wrote:
👽s live in the sea so deep down we can't see them. End of.

In a pineapple?

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
WULFSTAN wrote:
👽s live in the sea so deep down we can't see them. End of.

In a pineapple?

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Malaysia airlines flight 103.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Occams razor doesn't actually need relevant experience it just needs the application of careful rationality rather than overthought fantasy. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's more likely to be a duck than a cyborg zebra impersonating one. Wink

It's efficient rather than flawless. Possible to defeat with something like The Chinese Room Argument. Anyway, cyborg ducks come under the remit of the Turing test Wink
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:22 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Not sure which particular example you're referring to

Rebel wrote:
Perhaps.
Here's some footage of the 'used booster rocket' that recently did a low flyby over Hawaii.
Something extraordinary is plainly happening here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NDhDgZsek&feature=youtu.be

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

If that were the case, they wouldn't have released the videos at all.

Or releases an edited video which they did.

Which Fravor explained, and I pointed out above.

Quote:
chickenstrip wrote:

That's highly unlikely, especially as the object, and others previous to the video example, were fixed by shipborne systems also.

Systems or Mark Is? Laughing

Shipborne radar, as previously stated, and is clear in Fravor's account.

Quote:
A more prosaic analysis (not mine Razz )

"Mundane, non-pseudoscientific explanations include instrument or software malfunction/anomaly/artifact,[22][23] human observational illusion (e.g., parallax) or interpretive error,[5][24][25][26] or common aircraft (e.g., a passenger airliner) or aerial device (e.g., weather balloon), with the science writer Mick West stating that the reported objects in these incidents are "most likely...a relatively slow-moving object like a bird or a balloon," and that "the jet filming it is moving fast, so this creates an illusion of speed against the ocean."[20][21] West stated that the GIMBAL video can be explained as footage of a distant plane with the apparent rotation actually being the glare in the IR camera rotating.[1]"

The trouble with all such arguments is that they take one thing into consideration at a time, rather than considering all the evidence together. Two aircraft, from different perspectives, four sets of eyes. Shipborne radar fix. Video and IR imagery. Plus, previous radar fixes on similar or same. So you have to debunk them all at once, with a single explanation, instead of grasping here and there with various things that might, or more likely might not explain one aspect of the evidence presented, and all conflict with each other.

Quote:
chickenstrip wrote:
So you're claiming that amateur astronomers are more skilled at interpretation, on equipment they know nothing about by reason of it being classified, than military personnel that operate this equipment all the time?

I stand by that statement as well. There are large numbers of amateur astronomers watching the sky every night and a smaller number during daytime (solar astronomy, transits, etc.).

I'm sorry, but I'll take the evidence provided by a highly trained, highly experienced military fast jet pilot, who was at the incident, over a bunch of amateur astronomers who weren't there and know nothing about military procedures or equipments. Does that make me a bad person? Laughing

Quote:
Also highly trained military observers? They thought that the Orford Ness lighthouse was an alien UFO landing in Rendlesham forest. Razz

There's a word for that kind of argument... Razz

Quote:
Again, no. I'm talking about the same as before only professionals this time using very sophisticated equipment that they may have had a hand in designing and building as well as operating. Again, I've never seen a single report from one.

Ah, professional astronomers this time! Laughing
Very sophisticated equipment, huh? What, like state-of-the-art military target-and-track hardware that was employed in position at the time? Laughing

Quote:
Always the Rebel types that so desperately want to believe. Confirmation bias Razz

I am not Rebel, and I am not arguing for aliens. I have jumped to no conclusions because I know the evidence we have is not good enough to explain what was seen and detected. What I am saying is that it appears something unusual was detected by Fravor and others in this particular incident and it still awaits a convincing explanation. Nobody, including me, you, Rebel, and all the amateur astronomers or mad garden shed professors in the world have yet provided one. Nor anybody else that I'm aware of for that matter.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Not sure which particular example you're referring to

Rebel wrote:
Perhaps.
Here's some footage of the 'used booster rocket' that recently did a low flyby over Hawaii.
Something extraordinary is plainly happening here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NDhDgZsek&feature=youtu.be

Oh right. I'm not interested in that Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 29 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Islander wrote:
I've never seen a single report from an astronomer about a UFO.

There are several studies that show, contrary to the widespread fallacy, a highly significant percentage of astronomers among the observers.

“Observations of Anomalous Atmospheric Phenomena in the USSR: Statistical Analysis”, published by the Soviet Academy of Sciences in 1979 and translated into English by NASA as Technical Memorandum no. 75665 in 1980 . A statistical analysis of over 200 raw UFO reports in the Soviet Union. Astronomers accounted for 10 reports in the dataset. The Soviet numbers are clear: astronomers do report UFOs.

With colleagues prepared to stretch credulity to breaking point and employ ridicule in their efforts to debunk the phenomenon, it is to be expected that many remain silent. But not all.

Dr. Lincoln LaPaz, a leading scientist in the study of meteors described a sighting that he had in 1947
. . . The object clearly exhibited a sort of wobbling motion . . . This wobbling motion served to set off the object as a rigid, if not solid body. “This remarkably sudden ascent thoroughly convinced me that we were dealing with an absolutely novel airborne device.”
He did not believe that the object was of an astronomical nature, an illusion, a rocket, or a missile.

Clyde Tombaugh, the man who discovered Pluto. While sitting in his backyard saw an object dart across the night sky. It appeared to be oval shaped and had a blue-green glow. Tombaugh said it “seemed to trail off at the rear into a shapeless luminescence.” Tombaugh alleged that he also saw what appeared to be half a dozen windows on the front and the side of the craft.

In 2011, Irish astronomer Eamonn Ansbro claimed he was tracking UFOs , his studies have been published by the European Space Agency. He has named his project the Optical Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (OSETI).

Astronomers at Canada’s David Dunlop Observatory in Richmond Hill, Ontario, have been holding lectures on UFOs. The lecturers include astronomers Dr. Koktay a researcher, and Dr. Shelton, who teaches astronomy at the University of Toronto. “We try to be open-mined and honest, we don’t just dismiss, because we [scientists] don’t know everything.”

Lincoln LaPaz:

"LaPaz's true beliefs about the origins of UFOs are a bit muddled. Two witnesses have said that LaPaz told them he was of the opinion that the Roswell crash object was an unmanned extraterrestrial probe. The green fireballs he also felt were artificial in origin because of their anomalous characteristics. But government documents and public statements make it clear he thought they were probably Russian spy devices. (see green fireballs for details)

LaPaz's last known comments on UFOs and the green fireballs occurred in 1965 during a visit by astronomer J. Allen Hynek, a consultant to the Air Force's Project Blue Book UFO investigation. Hynek was also investigating the Socorro incident. According to Hynek, LaPaz felt the fireballs were the most important part of the UFO phenomenon. He remained convinced that the fireballs' anomalous characteristics had never been adequately explained by the official investigation. LaPaz continued to think the green fireballs were artificial, but now believed the fireballs, and also the Socorro craft, to be highly secret projects of the U.S. government. He also accused Hynek, Project Blue Book, and others of being part of "a grand cover-up for something the government does not want discussed".[4]"

Clyde Tombaugh did indeed discover Pluto through diligent observation and Percival Lowell's calculations under the direction of his supervisor. He also independently discovered a number of asteroids. He was a good astronomer, no doubt about that but he did go off the rails and became obsessed with UFOs and extra-terrestrial intelligences. He wasn't exactly rational about this - here's an example:

"In 1949, Tombaugh had also told the Naval missile director at White Sands Missile Range, Commander Robert McLaughlin, that he had seen a bright flash on Mars on August 27, 1941, which he now attributed to an atomic blast.[32] Tombaugh also noted that the first atomic bomb tested in New Mexico would have lit up the dark side of the Earth like a neon sign and that Mars was coincidentally quite close at the time, the implication apparently being that the atomic test would have been visible from Mars."

Eamonn Ansbro:

https://www.blather.net/theblather/1998/10/eamon_ansbro_no_threat_whatsoever/

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/meet-the-man-who-intends-to-make-contact-with-extra-terrestrials-from-irelands-roswell-34656517.html

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/meet-the-man-who-intends-to-make-contact-with-extra-terrestrials-from-irelands-roswell-34656517.html

He does appear to have been involved with SETI but I'm not convinced...

I keep an eye on the astronomy community having been involved at a hobby level for many years. I've seen no reports of unexplained lights in the sky strange craft whizzing around or LGM.

I keep an open mind but the conspiracy theory movement deserves to be approached with scepticism as their claims and assertions prove time after time, to be ridiculous.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal monolith found by helicopter crew in Utah desert

This made me chuckle though:

The Utah Department of Public Safety Aero Bureau wrote:
It is illegal to install structures or art without authorisation on federally managed public lands, no matter what planet you're from.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Tombaugh alleged that he also saw what appeared to be half a dozen windows on the front and the side of the craft.

He didn't. As is often the case, conspiracy theorists add little snippets like this to make an alien spaceship out of a natural, if unfamiliar, phenomenon.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:07 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Tombaugh alleged that he also saw what appeared to be half a dozen windows on the front and the side of the craft.

He didn't. As is often the case, conspiracy theorists add little snippets like this to make an alien spaceship out of a natural, if unfamiliar, phenomenon.

Why wouldn't an alien spacecraft have windows?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fuzzy photo. Odd that when all the photos I've seen taken from the ISS and its environs have been pin sharp and crisp.

It's a sexton. Quelle surprise Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Here's some footage, what an elaborate hoax.

https://youtu.be/t4uBRAXwz7c?t=105

That one was debunked by NASA ages ago. It's a thermal blanket that got 'lost' during an EVA. Rolling Eyes

You're really desperate to believe in all this tosh aren't you? Are you missing something in your life? Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

Now read the section on equipment lost in space in this article:

https://www.space.com/36285-astronaut-peggy-whitson-spacewalk-record.html

It's one half of an axial shield designed to protect a pressurised mating adaptor against micrometeoroid impact. It got dropped and lost. Rolling Eyes

So needy. Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Self propelled it seems.
So easily convinced.

Propelled by whatever momentum was imparted to it by the astronaut handling it.

Simple physics.

So, so needy. Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Funny looking 'fabric' . The observer claims it changed directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU95uIYMOgI

But hey, stick to the NASA* version of events if it makes you feel comfortable.

* Never A Straight Answer

'Observers' claim all sorts of things that simply aren't true. It's an insulation blanket. It was lost on STS88 by astronaut Jerry Ross juggling four of the things while they were being installed as protection for trunnion pins.

Here's the footage of the blanket being lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6omlycVMOcw&ab_channel=opua97

So, so, so needy. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

But that's what aliens do! To confuse people and throw them off track Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

But that's what aliens do! To confuse people and throw them off track Wink

And to steal our wind farm technology Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15