Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Idiocy isn't limited to idiots.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Idiocy isn't limited to idiots. Reply with quote

I just have no words..........

X Æ A-12: Elon Musk and Grimes confirm baby name.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52557291

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:49 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing he’s such a wanker, a rich wanker Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Idiocy isn't limited to idiots. Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

The thread title is spot on. However, Elon Musk has proved himself to be an idiot time and time again. Laughing

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was that rich I'd be a hyper-twat as well, why not nobody can do anything about it and it's probably quite fun.

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:32 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at Grimes twitter, it’s completely mental. Looks like the profile of 14 year old girl who’s into too much anime.

She’s lucky she born into rich parents, the rest of us would get ripped apart at school for having that as a name.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Idiocy isn't limited to idiots. Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

The thread title is spot on. However, Elon Musk has proved himself to be an idiot time and time again. Laughing

If being that kind of idiot would bring me that much wealth, I'd have to seriously consider it Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://theindiestone.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2017_11/elon-musk-before-hair-transplant-2-300x293.jpg.eafc12245aba199657740396488cea1b.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:07 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimes? Shocked

I hope old Grimey's parents are Simpsons fans.

kawashima
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope california reject this according to their rule.
Quote:
The rules there stipulate that no pictographs, ideograms and diacritical marks for example è, ñ, ē, ç can be used when registering the birth. Names have to consist of the 26 letters of the alphabet.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Æ has a lot of history in Saxon England, for example Æthelraed.

The rest is just bollocks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

It's a dipthong and would be acceptable as part of a normal name.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
bhinso wrote:

It's a dipthong and would be acceptable as part of a normal name.

Fast forward 10 years...

Thanks, dad, thanks very much Evil or Very Mad

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:05 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever credibility he once had is now gone for me.

Most of his stunts were clever marketing, e.g. smoking that joint during an interview, or putting a car into orbit.

But giving your child a name that it isn't even suitable for an inanimate object, it's just cruel.

Reminds me of the hippy camp I stayed at in India when I was travelling. The Israeli couple who ran the place had two kids, who they chose to not educate at all because they believed children (and humans generally) learn best when they can choose what to learn for themselves. It's sort of true, but there are certain things that are fundamental, like reading and writing. Their 10 year old daughter couldn't read a word, and is by now going to be a teenager vastly lacking in the most basic skills that form the pillars of human civilisation. It's this utter naivety toward raising your own children in an advanced, varied and highly complex world without even being able to fucking read words written by other humans, the mind boggles. How can anyone do that? And so I feel the same about Elon Musk, giving his child a name that not a single other human in the entire arsenal of human linguistics will be able to rationally understand. What a cunt of a man for doing that to his own child. I guess she child will adopt a better name for itself pretty sharpish, but the fact that he did that at all, the mind just boggles.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 06 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
What a cunt of a man for doing that to his own child

Succinctly put. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 07 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

He says it is pronounced ex ash - says his missus chose that bit. He chose the A12 bit, apparently named after the precursor to the Lockheed SR71. Maybe he's looking forward to data-transferring it to people when everyone has Neuralink (version 10) installed, when we'll no longer use the spoken word to communicate, by which time we'll all be living on Mars.

I don't think I want any part of Elon's vision of the future.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:47 - 07 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Elon Musk doing an interview with Joe Rogan and the guy is odd....... VERY odd. Just the way that he answers questions in a free and open discussion is so wrong, the pauses, they way that he talks and the whole body language. Just wrong.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 07 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I watched Elon Musk doing an interview with Joe Rogan and the guy is odd....... VERY odd. Just the way that he answers questions in a free and open discussion is so wrong, the pauses, they way that he talks and the whole body language. Just wrong.

New one released today. I don't recommend it. Joe doesn't know what to ask him, often doesn't understand Musk's answers, and Musk is hard work to listen to anyway. No wonder he wants a way to circumvent speech.

I think we need normal people to map a way forward, and people like Musk to make it happen, rather than the Musks of this world deciding where to go.

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 08 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Skudd wrote:

New one released today. I don't recommend it. Joe doesn't know what to ask him, often doesn't understand Musk's answers, and Musk is hard work to listen to anyway. No wonder he wants a way to circumvent speech.

I think we need normal people to map a way forward, and people like Musk to make it happen, rather than the Musks of this world deciding where to go.

Musk is clearly on the spectrum to an extent. He is a genius with seemingly unlimited energy and ideas. He comes across as odd at times but I think a lot of that comes down to him being socially awkward. There are plenty of compilations on Youtube where he owns morons of the public with his wit, and bursts out laughing at things, all pretty normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbhjrGyKuE

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 08 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty funny though, Why my dolphin not working.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 08 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
when everyone has Neuralink (version 10) installed, when we'll no longer use the spoken word to communicate

I'm well on the way already, with an assortment of infuriating gifs, photos and emojis.

Unless I were on the pull, in which case it would be counterproductive.

I was mostly ignoring the babyname thing, because it is just TOO ridiculous, and there are prehistoric versions of this from the 1970s and probably earlier ("Chastity" Bono springs to mind, along with Moon Unit and Dweezel Zappa, and Zowie Bowie).

But I think I need to look at some Musk videos and pay more attention to just what sort of weirdo he really is.

I need to be more aware of him (wary?) - he appears to be pretty influential in the modern world, always a worrying thing. I've shamefully let his endeavours slip out of my grasp: my knowledge of him only really got as far as the Tesla car guy and the rocket guy which all seemed a bit fanciful at first ... but now I think I need to get up to speed with his latest shenanigans.

Its okay, you lot Hand Hand I'm sure I can manage to find them on my own.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 08 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't like it if you think his ideas wont work, ie the trapped kids in a cave. You get called all sorts of things and he has the money to wrap you up legally so you will never win if you are just Joe Public.

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:58 - 08 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
He doesn't like it if you think his ideas wont work, ie the trapped kids in a cave. You get called all sorts of things and he has the money to wrap you up legally so you will never win if you are just Joe Public.

Basing an entire personality on one tweet you didnt agree with, lol.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 09 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Audio included.

https://vid.pr0gramm.com/2020/05/08/7dd8c36e76398be7.mp4

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:58 - 09 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's now been officially stated in California that using letters not in the alphabet is not allowed.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:34 - 09 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya but WHOSE alphabet.

If you're a part of the WingDings family, you're gonna be pissed if you can't use a pictogram of an ambulance for an "a" when you call your kid Wambulance!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 353 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2