Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

You can go for a drive for pleasure from Wednesday..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:12 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: You can go for a drive for pleasure from Wednesday.. Reply with quote

Just listening to Boris.

He mentioned driving somewhere with your family.

This means biking back.

I hope.....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:15 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That somewhere is for outdoors exercise.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring my walking boots.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knock yourself out, I'm staying in.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, my Facebook feed is filling with people who pretty much think it's all over and everything is back to normal Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:43 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, clear as a whistle. The "Stay at home" statement has been replaced with "Stay Alert". In other words you can go out but always remember the 2m social distancing rule. Perfect for the recreational biker who doesn't stop at cafes or meets up at the usual biker haunts. My conscience is clean, but I just hope everyone remembers the social distancing, as this is the key factor that will see the R-number rapidly increase if people take the piss.

TLDR: Very Happy Thumbs Up Dance! BUT BE CAREFUL!!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:48 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limiting factor for where you can travel to is what places are open and at the moment no where's open. Laughing

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:59 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not ridden my bike this year yet, does this mean i can ride to Dartmoor, ten miles away, if i am going to do some sunbathing?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
LOL, my Facebook feed is filling with people who pretty much think it's all over and everything is back to normal Smile

Perhaps the adjustment in advice should only apply to those who don't use social media.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm glad to be living in Scotland. Whatever you might think of the SNP as a party, Sturgeon has shown clear leadership and proper concern for protecting the public as well as NHS Scotland throughout. The same can't be said for the oafs in Government in Englandshire. I'm pretty sure this is going to bite them on the arse - mind you, they'll just blame it on the public if it does. Rolling Eyes

Stay safe you lot dahn sarf. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
To be honest, I'm glad to be living in Scotland. Whatever you might think of the SNP as a party, Sturgeon has shown clear leadership and proper concern for protecting the public as well as NHS Scotland throughout. The same can't be said for the oafs in Government in Englandshire. I'm pretty sure this is going to bite them on the arse - mind you, they'll just blame it on the public if it does. Rolling Eyes

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

Question
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

She has it easy. The UK government is paying furlogh and all the rest of the costs of corona. All she has to do is play the game and let Boris take the sh1t.

If she had to pay for what Scottish buisnesses she would be throwing tham to the wolves.

Lets get devolution working properly, England NOT financilly supporting Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:47 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected you to comment on that Laughing

The problem is one of mixed and confused messages rather than clear direction from the Prime Minister and government. It's been a major issue all along. One minister says one thing, another says something else and all through it no sign of proper leadership.

In short, the whole thing has been a clusterfuck of astounding proportions and it shows no sign of stopping. Doh!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:49 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

She has it easy. The UK government is paying furlogh and all the rest of the costs of corona. All she has to do is play the game and let Boris take the sh1t.

If she had to pay for what Scottish buisnesses she would be throwing tham to the wolves.

Lets get devolution working properly, England NOT financilly supporting Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

That's independence, not devolution.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BYE Thumbs Up

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
BYE Thumbs Up

Fine by me but Boris and his toff chums love us too much to let us go. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pay yer taxes, I need more money dammit Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:57 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rate of infection is higher in Scotland. Whose fault is that?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:00 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BYE Thumbs Up

Fine by me but Boris and his toff chums love us too much to let us go. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lol! He thinks he'd pay less taxes if Scotland gained its independence!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

The problem is one of mixed and confused messages rather than clear direction from the Prime Minister and government.

That's because you knew your argument was weak Laughing

I've never felt unclear about the advice given, and don't now. The main thing is, social distancing is still important, especially if you are in an at risk category, like myself.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The rate of infection is higher in Scotland. Whose fault is that?

Errrrm Scotland's rate of infection is a couple of weeks behind England's. It's starting to come down in the central belt but the Highlands and Islands are slightly further behind that.

Technically, the blame lies with the Government the same as it does in England. Failing to stop large gatherings and events when it was clear the the rate of infection was seriously high, not quarantining arrivals at ports and airports. Not reacting quickly enough to obvious (and documented in a previous exercise) PPE and respirator shortfalls...

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Lol! He thinks he'd pay less taxes if Scotland gained its independence!

Eh? Where did I say that? I was joshing with Polarbear. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Scotland has been allowed to evolve its own policy on procedures. So how can you blame the government at Westminster?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:10 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

The problem is one of mixed and confused messages rather than clear direction from the Prime Minister and government.

Psh. It was because I knew you were a contrary bugger. Razz Laughing

chickenstrip wrote:
I've never felt unclear about the advice given, and don't now. The main thing is, social distancing is still important, especially if you are in an at risk category, like myself.

Yes but you have that rarest of commodities, common sense. Wink

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
But Scotland has been allowed to evolve its own policy on procedures. So how can you blame the government at Westminster?

One thing (among others) we can't do is close our borders.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 10 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Psh. It was because I knew you were a contrary bugger. Razz Laughing

And of course, no one should have a contrary opinion to yours, right? Laughing

Islander wrote:

Yes but you have that rarest of commodities, common sense. Wink

No comment Silence Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 344 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6