Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

You can go for a drive for pleasure from Wednesday..

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand young people, they are all entitled little arseholes who would be better off used as Covid fodder.

Prove me worng.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced wrote:
I can't stand young people, they are all entitled little arseholes who would be better off used as Covid fodder.

Prove me worng.

Job done Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of thread drift here....

Back on topic: given that we are obviously never, ever going to hear Boris saying anything like "..and as of tomorrow, motorcyclists will be allowed to go out on recreational rides...", isn't the latest advice effectively saying it's now OK for me to go out for a (non-stop) jaunt in the Peak District, starting and ending at my home? Discuss...

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:11 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
But she's right. She is missing out on some things. She can only speak from her perspective - she's young and has much to learn, but you can't blame the young for being young. We were all there once. She doesn't sound from that quote to be the worst of the moaners.

That's what I hate. The whingeing whiners. If you feel that strongly about it, go out and do something about it. If you make a positive contribution to help ease the situation, then you maybe have a right to point out the failings of others. But who wants to listen to someone just complaining on the internet about everyone else? It's boring.

Lockdown, can't go out Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced wrote:

Prove me worng.

Boomers are far more entitled:
1. Boomers feel entitled to be sold houses for tens of thousands
2. Boomers feel entitled to sell them again for ten times as much, and to have their investment only ever go up in value
3. Boomers feel entitled to free university education paid for by the state, but to deny the same thing to future generations
4. Boomers feel entitled to a gilt edged triple lock final salary pension and to have their kids pay for it, while at the same time they left their parents to rot. And yes, they also feel entitled to deny said super pension to their kids, who as far as we can't tell, won't get an pension at all!
5. Boomers feel entitled to ruin theirr childrens economic and social lifes in order to benefit themselves

and worst of all
6. Boomers feel entitled to try to blame everyone else for the above as if they had nothing to do with it.

https://dailyillini.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/okboomer-01-900x900.png

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:28 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile gen x is doing all the work.

So I feel entitled. Entitled to go canoeing tonight and motorcycle camping at the weekend.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generation snowflake

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2018/01/22/hippie-food_wide-8ea6d7894689eed3ba9a21ef4e98747c7837f822.jpg?s=1400

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fe/37/70/fe3770b7d13de3b3027c7c7762c345c4.jpg

https://blogs.stockton.edu/hippiemovement/files/2015/04/make-love-not-war-sign-.jpg

https://userscontent2.emaze.com/images/a8857566-25ef-4684-9166-b488fca3ae86/635bdbe602135166d0e52068928f0bc5.jpeg

https://d1d8vslyhr7rdg.cloudfront.net/Pictures/2000x2000fit/9/1/4/34914_greenhamprotest_701245.jpg

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:30 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

So I feel entitled. Entitled to go canoeing tonight and motorcycle camping at the weekend.

Young people no longer believe in capitalism, mostly thanks to boomers. Now I will have to live in an ever more communist society. Not impressed.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:31 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately I'm Gen X and not a baby boomer so I feel completely free to expect the youngrer generations to get the same benefits in life I got.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

2. Boomers feel entitled to sell them again for ten times as much, and to have their investment only ever go up in value
3. Boomers feel entitled to free university education paid for by the state, but to deny the same thing to future generations
4. Boomers feel entitled to a gilt edged triple lock final salary pension and to have their kids pay for it, while at the same time they left their parents to rot. And yes, they also feel entitled to deny said super pension to their kids, who as far as we can't tell, won't get an pension at all!
5. Boomers feel entitled to ruin theirr childrens economic and social lifes in order to benefit themselves

and worst of all
6. Boomers feel entitled to try to blame everyone else for the above as if they had nothing to do with it.

You're just jealous. Razz Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Lord Percy wrote:

I absolutely disagree with this and can't stand the way some folk are trying to blame 'the people'.

I blame you, personally. You went to China and then came back here. It must be you that brought the virus here. I bet you ate loads of crispy fried bats ears while you were there too. Now you're just trying to deflect blame.

Now now, it's the weirdo southern Chinese who eat bats and insects and things.

Where I was, in Sichuan, there was culture Tut Tut. They only went as far as intestines, lungs, rabbit heads and pig brains.

Quote:
I don't see how whingeing on social media about this or that group is helping?

What if it's mainstream media, and it's Willoughby and Schofield doing the whinging Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld1-zgW1xas

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worried about this trusting the common sense of all British people.

I saw a newspaper article on fartbook about someone who put 9 Cadbury's Cream Eggs up his bum.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Bit of thread drift here....

Still trying to get back on topic... Rolling Eyes

So the guvmt have just this afternoon published a 60-page document which gives more details on last night's update:

On Page 27, Government wrote:
...the Government is updating the rules so that, as well as exercise, people can now also spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household; good hand hygiene, particularly with respect to shared surfaces; and those responsible for public places being able to put appropriate measures in place to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidance.
[...]
People may drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there, because this does not involve contact with people outside your household.
When travelling to outdoor spaces, it is important that people respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where it would be inconsistent with guidance or regulations issued by the relevant devolved administration.

I genuinely can't see anything in that which precludes recreational motorcycling. Seems very clear to me. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

I genuinely can't see anything in that which precludes recreational motorcycling. Seems very clear to me. Laughing

I don't see a problem with it. Keep the social distancing wherever you stop, seems straightforward enough to me.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:28 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
I genuinely can't see anything in that which precludes recreational motorcycling. Seems very clear to me.

Agreed. Enjoy it while you can (but take it easy, A&E has additional hazards*).
Lockdown2 is sure to follow as the second wave comes.
Freddyfruitbat wrote:
it is important that people respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where it would be inconsistent with guidance or regulations issued by the relevant devolved administration.

True, the devolved governments of the subsidised nations have told their citizens they don't need to go back to work yet. England will provide. Wink Pass the popcorn

(* Although as I understand it, A&E has been segregated from the Covid19 danger. Also, health care staff are not disproportionately represented in the Covid19 stats. I'm a supporter of the NHS, but it has coped despite all the warnings of impending breakdown and I wonder if its troubles have been over-exaggeration. In my limited experience of the NHS they're not as rushed off their feet as they claim.)

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
you implement proper measures, using all sorts of strategies, all of them either physically enforced (barriers, security, crowd control), or backed legislatively. For the government to simply offer 'guidelines' and expect 65 million people to obediently follow suit is utterly, utterly naive.

You're not back in Communist China now though. The vast majority of free agents here in the UK have behaved responsibly, even if you believe the media's stories of mass gatherings supported by their foreshortening camera-lenses. The lefties (© mpd72) have already been bleating nonsensically about state repression. The government really can't win whatever they do. If yesterday Boris had said nothing was changing there would have been whinging. It's almost a shame Corbyn didn't get this poisoned chalice.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Where I was, in Sichuan, there was culture Tut Tut. They only went as far as intestines, lungs, rabbit heads and pig brains.

Yeah right. I bet you were shovelling down the stir fried pangolin like there was no tomorrow Laughing

Lord Percy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I don't see how whingeing on social media about this or that group is helping?

What if it's mainstream media, and it's Willoughby and Schofield doing the whinging Very Happy

I just don't like people who constantly whinge. What a sorry type of person they are. (I'm not whingeing about them, merely pointing out my point of view Mr. Green ).

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

and worst of all

You're just jealous. Razz Laughing

I don't like houses anyway Thumbs Up

This will probably lead to a big decline in marriage and children among millennials. All those people who moaned about gay marriage and the traditional family are nowhere to be seen.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 11 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I do know, today's society has to label everything.

Boomer, Gammon, Snowflake, remoaner, millennial etc. etc.

Everyone has to be put in a box so here's the definitive boomer box.

https://tipsybartender.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Millennials-Feature-Image-04122018.jpg

Boomers are pissheads. Laughing

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:36 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

I saw a newspaper article on fartbook about someone who put 9 Cadbury's Cream Eggs up his bum.

Hmmm? I’ve been following Government advice and iv been as sensible as I can during this pandemic.

However I am really bored at home , so I’m of to the shop tomorrow for some cream eggs Thumbs Up Shocked

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:14 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
bhinso wrote:

Hmmm? I’ve been following Government advice and iv been as sensible as I can during this pandemic.

However I am really bored at home , so I’m of to the shop tomorrow for some cream eggs Thumbs Up Shocked

Government advice? My God! I did not know that the Liberals are back in power! Do up your trousers, this instant!

craigbeal
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 08:20 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in England as of Wednesday Rolling Eyes

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/coronavirus-impact-motorbikes/

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:52 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I went canoeing. Mrs stinkwheel went swimming. In a lake in the Lake District. We drove 20 miles to do so. I neither paid for parking nor a canoe permit because rebel and I don't see why I should pay to paddle a canoe in a lake that belongs to the public.

Nobody died. Nobody was put at risk of catching a respiratory virus. Quite the contrary, the health benefits of cardiovascular exercise and cold water swimming are well documented.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
One thing I do know, today's society has to label everything.

Boomer, Gammon, Snowflake, remoaner, millennial etc. etc.

Everyone has to be put in a box so here's the definitive boomer box.

https://tipsybartender.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Millennials-Feature-Image-04122018.jpg

Boomers are pissheads. Laughing

This is why the club and bar trade has been in such decline through the 2010s.

pepperami wrote:
bhinso wrote:

I don't think you will be. Pretty sure they stopped selling them Laughing

I bought a pack of ~12 for £2 when they were practically giving them away after Easter Wink

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:47 - 12 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:

I went canoeing. Mrs stinkwheel went swimming. In a lake in the Lake District. We drove 20 miles to do so. I neither paid for parking nor a canoe permit because rebel and I don't see why I should pay to paddle a canoe in a lake that belongs to the public.

Nobody died. Nobody was put at risk of catching a respiratory virus. Quite the contrary, the health benefits of cardiovascular exercise and cold water swimming are well documented.

So watersports are ok. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6