Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Helmet cam recommendation please

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

Stalk
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:12 - 14 May 2020    Post subject: Helmet cam recommendation please Reply with quote

Hello all!
I’m currently doing a lot more miles thanks to lockdown, probably like a lot of other people. Doing between 20 to 35 miles and could be out for up to 3 1/2 to 4 hours sometimes, and following today’s altercation with a dickhead driver who did not have the patience to allow us to clear the roadworks before going on his green coming from the opposite direction, I feel it’s time to get some video protection. In this instance it would have proved that we waited for the green before entering the roadworks, and would have got his reg as he swerved into our path and tried to push us off the road. Funny how he didn’t want to stop and discuss it further, as I did give him that opportunity.

I need a camera to last about 4 hours, I don’t see myself riding at night at the moment, and sound recording would be good. Not going to do any of that vloging crap as it’s generally crap and I have a voice for silent movies!
Don’t really want a big go pro type thing, as they seem too big, but am willing to rethink depending on recommendations. Most important, I know that right or wrong, you can be just as dead. So it wouldn’t be used as an invincibility shield.
What do you all think would be a reasonable setup for about £100?

Thanks all!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:09 - 14 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mobius mini?

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:34 - 15 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost XL has up to nine hour life
https://driftinnovation.com/collections/cameras-new/products/ghost-xl
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 17 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

Might get one I've got a drift mount on a helmet already but was changing batteries too often to bother after a while
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:25 - 17 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sena PT10-10 is on Amazon for £117 at the moment.

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 14:25 - 17 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Cycliq attach to your bike one. Less obvious than a helmet cam if that matters and just goes on a loop so no need to think about it other than a charge once a week.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1