Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
EazyDuz wrote:
I do miss having a 125cc. WOT everywhere and still returns over 90mpg.

What am I doing wrong, as most have the 125's I've owned have never done over half that mpg figure at best?

Tuning them until they're more like a bomb than an engine might have something to do with it Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even my Hysoung did 70ish, and I'd put that thing to the edge, open zorst, much larger jets, minimal air filter.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
An alternative with a bigger bike is to find some twisties and just leave it in third gear. All the time. Ride it on the throttle. I do this on the VFR sometimes and you realise that while it's a 100bhp bike, you're barely using half of it most of the time and your throttle control is shit. Works wonders for your cornering.

I do this from time to time, 3rd gear is a wonderful thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:06 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Even my Hysoung did 70ish, and I'd put that thing to the edge, open zorst, much larger jets, minimal air filter.

Hmmm? I’m guessing you’re talking about the 125?

EDIT: I didn’t read the thread properly!

Last edited by pepperami on 21:13 - 22 May 2020; edited 1 time in total

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fast bike very fast.

/thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:50 - 22 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayabusa restricted to 30mph.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 24 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
EazyDuz wrote:
I do miss having a 125cc. WOT everywhere and still returns over 90mpg.

What am I doing wrong, as most have the 125's I've owned have never done over half that mpg figure at best?

What do you weigh? If you're like 15+ stone you're going to really strain that small motor which will kill MPG.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:54 - 24 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

YBR125 with nitrous and a turbo.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:38 - 24 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

EazyDuz wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:

What do you weigh? If you're like 15+ stone you're going to really strain that small motor which will kill MPG.

Worst I got out of the YBRs was 91 on the Custom and 99 on the standard, both when I was around 18st, and both flat out everywhere.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

PotatoHead202...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:12 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
PotatoHead2020 wrote:
I got my cbf500 mainly as i wanted something simple as a project bike. Since I've finally got it working properly I absolutely love it. You can chuck the thing into the corners with almost no concern and as long as you keep it on song it's more than fast enough for the road - and this is coming from someone whose almost 18 stone.
Don't get me wrong I love my K1300 but for back roads the 500 is better in every way imaginable (apart from brakes).

The CBF500 is an excellent, poised bike. Feels very tight, as a modern bike should feel. Superb handling, thanks to the balance, low centre of gravity, rigid feel and big tyres. But, as it's so refined, perhaps it does what it does a bit too well (even the old GPZ500S, ER5 and CB500 were sort of bland), and it's that lack of processed refinement in design and engineering which makes much older bikes more interesting to me. I know what those underrated 50-60hp twins can do (nothing new about that formula - goes back to the 60s). My next acquisition could well be an old 250/350 twin, or a big single. The more a bike feels like a bike, and the less like a car, the better.

I understand what you mean, it does lack a bit of soul and i hate the standard exhaust on it - the dodgy one it came with really gave it an edge in the sound department. A big draw of it was it was easy to thrash the hell out of but also had ABS.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest i had the most fun on my Grom 125cc taking it to scotland from london 2 years in a row and everything else.

i just recently re-bought a GSXR1000 k5 and i think as a person ive moved on and want to go back to a Grom again as i really do miss it.

so i think a GSXR1000 k5 Rizla turquoise replica with 8,000 miles will be on ebay soon and the hunt for a clean Grom begins because the man i sold my Grom to has more sense than me and wont sell it back to me.
The Grom gave me the best 22k miles ever!

if lock down is lifted in the UK ill be touring and hiking in scotland again and id rather take the Grom than the GSXR1000

Last edited by woo on 17:02 - 01 Jun 2020; edited 1 time in total

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate's just sold most of his bikes and is just down to his BMW; he's placed an order for a Grom that's being delivered in a few weeks. I think I might need to have a go on one.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:

if lock down is lifted in the UK ill be touring and hiking in scotland again and id rather take the Grom than the GSXR1000

We might bump into each other when I’m doing the same on my little 250 Thumbs Up
I consider a 250 a small engined machine and I’m to large for a 125.
Although I did love my little CG125 a few years back, and the few day trips on it were great fun.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:31 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
woo wrote:

We might bump into each other when I’m doing the same on my little 250 Thumbs Up
I consider a 250 a small engined machine and I’m to large for a 125.
Although I did love my little CG125 a few years back, and the few day trips on it were great fun.

y u no mention vanvan

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:39 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah y no beachball vanvan

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 01 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

y u no mention vanvan

Vanvan is good Thumbs Up but slow slow Confused

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 09 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive made the commitment GSXR1000 k5 being sold to a dealer this weekend then im off to hunt for another honda Grom!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 09 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal Enfield might be coming out with something new for fans of smaller bikes. 350cc singles, air-cooled, probably SOHC:

https://motorbikewriter.com/royal-enfield-new-models-year/

Something you can throw around.

It remains to be seen if any make their way over here. Cheap components, probably, and it may take a couple of years to iron out any faults. But I could see a market for something like this.

Flemy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:24 - 13 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downgraded from a GSXR 600 to a 300 Ninja and I hated it! Plus all my mates would take the piss especially on ride outs.

Bigger the better.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 13 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flemy wrote:
I downgraded from a GSXR 600 to a 300 Ninja and I hated it! Plus all my mates would take the piss especially on ride outs.

Bigger the better.

Punch them in the face Thumbs Up

Flemy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:05 - 13 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

Punch them in the face Thumbs Up

I would put I'm a pussy pacifist
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3