Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:27 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
arry wrote:
We'll have to wait a bit longer for comedy to start being actually funny again, then, it seems.

It's got to the point the only chuckles my mum gets [watching terrestrial TV] is the god awful panto that is American wrestling Shocked

Well at least Mock The Week has gone by the wayside:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/06/dara-o-briain-mock-the-week

His view on it differs to that of Andrew Lawrence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVQ7R-j4lY

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-62455550

UB40 and Dexy's Midnight Runners to perform. Cool.

Quote:
Birmingham 2022 Chief Creative Officer Martin Green said it would "celebrate the vibrant energy and cultural heritage of this incredible city".

Vibrant energy and cultural heritage struck me as buzzword bingo for Diversity.

Quote:
Wolverhampton's Beverley Knight and Walsall's Jorja Smith will also be part of the West Midlands line-up.

Other artists include: Apache Indian, Laura Mvula, Goldie, Jacob Banks, Jaykae, Ash, Mahalia, Musical Youth, Neelam Gill, Panjabi MC, Raza Hussain, Talulah-Eve and The Selecter..

Crikey.

Beverley Knight - black.
Jorja Smith - black (mixed race?).
Apache Indian - errm, Indian.
Laura Mvula - black.
Goldie - black.
Jacob Banks - black.
Jaykae - mixed heritage (Afghan, Pakistani).
Ash - assuming that's not the 'rock' band as they're not to do with Brum? Not sure on this one.
Mahalia - black (mixed race?).
Musical Youth - black.
Neelam Gill - Indian.
Panjabi MC - Indian.
Raza Hussein - think this guy is an artist, guessing an Arab though.
Taluhla Eve - black and trans-sexual.

I guess there just aren't that many popular white acts from Birmingham these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:57 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
arry wrote:

We'll have to wait a bit longer for comedy to start being actually funny again, then, it seems.

It's got to the point the only chuckles my mum gets [watching terrestrial TV] is the god awful panto that is American wrestling Shocked

Watch Andrew Doyle's "Free Speech Nation" on GB News on a Sunday evening. Unfortunately it's generally a narrow band of subject material, being about all the woke craziness, but is often quite funny I find. 7-9pm.

Leo Kearse, Nick Dixon and...dammit, what's the American chap's name?...are often on and pretty good on it, as well as a couple of others. Although it does have more serious bits too.

Also, there's the "Comedy Unleashed" YouTube channel.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:51 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

It occurs to me the only two solutions are a) the woodchipper or b) to somehow snap them out of it: a Crisis of Faith. But how does one create a crisis of faith for an ideology as solid as mercury?

I used to think that, just like any organised religion, there's only so long people can stomach it. But then I realised that really only applies to intelligent people, so all bets are off.

We're talking about a group of people who see destruction as the end goal, and harmful things as good for them. As a self-destructive ideology it's perfect.

arry wrote:
I guess there just aren't that many popular white acts from Birmingham these days.

TBF it's the one place I've been to that I'd say is worse than London* in that regard.

*obviously due to gentrification, ain't no one gentrifying Birmingham Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drivers of change: Meet India’s all-female delivery team

This one just straight up confused me. Firstly yay women get to do a menial job no one does by choice, secondly a little bit patronising there Amazon, but most of all why would I care unless I live in India? Eh?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 08 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-62455550

UB40 and Dexy's Midnight Runners to perform. Cool.

Quote:
Birmingham 2022 Chief Creative Officer Martin Green said it would "celebrate the vibrant energy and cultural heritage of this incredible city".

Vibrant energy and cultural heritage struck me as buzzword bingo for Diversity.

Quote:
Wolverhampton's Beverley Knight and Walsall's Jorja Smith will also be part of the West Midlands line-up.

Other artists include: Apache Indian, Laura Mvula, Goldie, Jacob Banks, Jaykae, Ash, Mahalia, Musical Youth, Neelam Gill, Panjabi MC, Raza Hussain, Talulah-Eve and The Selecter..

Crikey.

Beverley Knight - black.
Jorja Smith - black (mixed race?).
Apache Indian - errm, Indian.
Laura Mvula - black.
Goldie - black.
Jacob Banks - black.
Jaykae - mixed heritage (Afghan, Pakistani).
Ash - assuming that's not the 'rock' band as they're not to do with Brum? Not sure on this one.
Mahalia - black (mixed race?).
Musical Youth - black.
Neelam Gill - Indian.
Panjabi MC - Indian.
Raza Hussein - think this guy is an artist, guessing an Arab though.
Taluhla Eve - black and trans-sexual.

If that’s a complete lineup I look forward to the day when a white act has the temerity to ask politely if they could please join in. If it’s Mumford & Sons then all the sweeter. Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:00 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found it funny.......

Crown Paints: Hannah & Dave ad prompts dozens of complaints

The lyrics state that "now a baby's coming and they don't know what it is", before continuing: "Hannah's hoping for a girl, Dave's just hoping that it's his."

But the knicker twisting offended masses obviously don't. Laughing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-62552706

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:06 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Drivers of change: Meet India’s all-female delivery team

This one just straight up confused me. Firstly yay women get to do a menial job no one does by choice, secondly a little bit patronising there Amazon, but most of all why would I care unless I live in India? Eh?

Well there goes Amazon's NCD. Laughing
Personally I think that women should do menial crap jobs that men have to do. Just because you have a womb
it shouldn't mean certain jobs are beneath you if they are within your physical capability, that's true equality ladies.
Not the indoors, 9-5, non physical, seated, air conditioned equality they seek. Go sweat your nuts off in a summer
traffic jam, go lay some bricks, wheel some wheelie bins to the back of the dustcart etc. Women could do all these things,
but they dont, or more probably won't. While at the same time maintaining how they dont need no man etc.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Well, I found it funny.......

Crown Paints: Hannah & Dave ad prompts dozens of complaints

The lyrics state that "now a baby's coming and they don't know what it is", before continuing: "Hannah's hoping for a girl, Dave's just hoping that it's his."

But the knicker twisting offended masses obviously don't. Laughing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-62552706

'Nearly half of men who take paternity test are not the real father'

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:17 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Surely most people who take paternity tests are doing so because they have doubts in the first place? Clearly this will affect the percentage split compared to the general population.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
M.C wrote:

Surely most people who take paternity tests are doing so because they have doubts in the first place? Clearly this will affect the percentage split compared to the general population.

Maybe Dave is having doubts?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:55 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-62563165

So they're up in arms as the job should have gone to a woman?

I'm up in arms that there's even a job LaughingLaughing

Classic

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

I'm up in arms that there's even a job LaughingLaughing

Classic

I thought men got periods too?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:11 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

"people who menstruate"

I'm sure there used to be a word for such people.

Thinking

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:20 - 16 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

I think that it's right and proper that a man should have been awarded the job. It is, after all, us men that suffer the most every month!*

*I've genuinely been given loads of red blobs for posting the above comment in The Daily Mail earlier today!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/a-visit-from-the-religious-police

Thought Police PCSO rocks up at a woman's house and has a pop at her, until she's in tears, for her offensive transphobic sticker.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A senior female RAF recruitment officer has resigned amid claims of pressure to meet diversity targets.
The unnamed Group Captain is reported to have voiced frustration that white men were rejected in an bid to recruit more ethnic minorities and women.

Furthermore,
Quote:
Earlier this year a leaked internal email appealed for a pilot to attend the premier of the movie Top Gun: Maverick as the face of the RAF - it was looking for someone who was "preferably not white and male".
The reality is the vast majority are.

A backlash against this woke nonsense must be coming, surely?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal favourite is the tv advert with the mechanics in an obstacle race. The winner is, you'd never guess... an overweight black woman in mechanic's overalls... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:27 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
My personal favourite is the tv advert with the mechanics in an obstacle race. The winner is, you'd never guess... an overweight black woman in mechanic's overalls... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

When the FZ died and needed it's electricity filled up just outside bournemouth, the RAC person who came and fixed it was an overweight white woman so she ticked 2 of the 3 boxes.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
A senior female RAF recruitment officer has resigned amid claims of pressure to meet diversity targets.
The unnamed Group Captain is reported to have voiced frustration that white men were rejected in an bid to recruit more ethnic minorities and women.

Furthermore,
Quote:
Earlier this year a leaked internal email appealed for a pilot to attend the premier of the movie Top Gun: Maverick as the face of the RAF - it was looking for someone who was "preferably not white and male".
The reality is the vast majority are.

"From its inception, the RAF was conceived as being different, with a focus not on background but only on merit and potential, wherever it might lie."
Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Hillier

...'based on the meritocratic principles of Lord Trenchard – the RAF’s founding father – who created the Service on the idea of opportunities for all, based on merit and regardless of background.'

Thinking
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
A backlash against this woke nonsense must be coming, surely?

Well it hasn't materialised in the half dozen years since most consider the start of all of this shit.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAF? To defend what?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:46 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
RAF? To defend what?

chickenstrip's pension Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 17 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
RAF? To defend what?

chickenstrip's pension Wink

Seems like a lot of fuss for that.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:22 - 18 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62577192

Quote:
'A perfect moment'
"I had to sit there and breathe," he tells Radio 1 Newsbeat, describing the moment he saw the photo of himself with the doll.

"It just felt almost like a perfect moment [after] I'd been through all of that."

The 17-year-old - who is now a model - was bullied at school because of the skin condition, where white patches of skin appear on different parts of the body.

James says it took him "a while to regain my self-confidence", but he hopes more representation will benefit future generations.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/17F57/production/_126353189_976james.jpg.webp

Quote:
Rose Ayling-Ellis worked with Barbie on the production of its first doll with behind-the-ear hearing aids.

The actor and Strictly Come Dancing winner, who is deaf, describes it as "really important and such a big deal".

This is echoed by Eloise, who says "the deaf generation will finally be able to see themselves represented".

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 18 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-62577192

Can I get an obese Ken with male pattern baldness who's facial expressions show that he's severely jaded? I want represented too Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 46 of 64