Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:33 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hexadecimal is non-binary (one for the IT people!) Anyway...

Non-Binary is a made-up term to describe someone who supposedly does not conform to gender-stereotypes. "Conform" is crucial as it implies that people are not allowed to be themselves and it's... well whoever you don't like at the time imposing a label on you. Doctor sees pee-pee, doctor imposes a gender stereotype of "boy" on the baby (condemning them to the life sentence of toxic masculinity.)

Played as the old hippy "you can't put me in a box, man" but ironically places the non-conforming individual in a different, more restrictive box. This is the redefinition of words at work: "non-conformist" in reality means ultra-orthodox.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my explanation was more succinct. We all know who the "shit people" are.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:22 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this where we have come to?

Transgender charity Mermaids under investigation

The regulatory body for charities in England and Wales says it has received complaints following reports in The Telegraph concerning the supply of chest-binding devices to teenagers.

Does anyone here actually agree with this. And yes, I accept Katy has her ideas and feelings but to me this is plain wrong.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:27 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Is this where we have come to?

Transgender charity Mermaids under investigation

The regulatory body for charities in England and Wales says it has received complaints following reports in The Telegraph concerning the supply of chest-binding devices to teenagers.

Does anyone here actually agree with this. And yes, I accept Katy has her ideas and feelings but to me this is plain wrong.

Looks more like the regulator is having to make enquiries in response to some undisclosed concerns after the telegraph did some story. It looks a bit specious to me. I can think of more serious things charities should be investigated for.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:45 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is supplying medical advice and paraphernalia to children without the knowledge or consent of parents.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 01 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I think the problem is supplying medical advice and paraphernalia to children without the knowledge or consent of parents.

Its not difficult to raise a complaint with the charity commission and they have a duty to then take that to the organisation but that's not the same as a full on investigation. Its enough to make a news story though

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 02 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Its not difficult to raise a complaint with the charity commission and they have a duty to then take that to the organisation but that's not the same as a full on investigation. Its enough to make a news story though

Ah I see the reasoning now: it falls foul of FGM legislation. Breast binding being seen as the equivalent of the breast ironing rife in Africa.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 04 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The End of Days is upon us:

Elon Musk Twitter deal back on in surprise U-turn

Musk starts work on Friday apparently. Gettr, Truth Social, Gab... most of the alt-tech is seen as Right Wing...

Lister: There is no such thing as 'Silicon Heaven'.
Kryten: Then where do all the [SJWs] go?
Lister : They don't go anywhere. They just die.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:14 - 06 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word on the street is everyone* is jumping ship from Twitter to Tribel.

I created an account on there just to see what the fuss is about. Sadly 80% childish political rants, a 5 year old could do better. Filter that out and it *is* better than Twitter... in that it's not important so the content isn't dominated by bots and scammers à la Facebook et al Smile

Commented on a few posts here and there, nothing too overt unless you click on the profile. Social media phishing, I'll let you know if I get any bites Very Happy

*Well not everyone, not that sort of diversity silly!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 06 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastenating that Elongated Musket is paying billions of dollars to buy a nutter's forum.
Must be the ad revenue.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 06 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Elongated Musket

Laughing Might have steal that one!

Rich people sometimes buy expensive paperweights that sit there and do nothing.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:31 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://sahanjournal.com/education/minneapolis-teachers-of-color-layoff-lawsuit/

Bit of old news - but perhaps the start of the pushback?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
the pushback?

I prefer the term "fightback". Make no mistake, this IS civil war. And we should not be so amiss as to think it is only in the US.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:45 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I prefer the term "fightback". Make no mistake, this IS civil war. And we should not be so amiss as to think it is only in the US.

https://www.elenanonwochei-garcia.com/copy-of-septimius-severus-painting-o

Quote:
A portrait of Septimius Severus from a series of a series of six commissioned by England Heritage, depicting historic figures from the African diaspora whose stories have contributed to England's rich history.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/43c24b_ea992816be7e4c0e807b1801534e7b0c~mv2.jpg/v1/crop/x_0,y_380,w_5203,h_3023/fill/w_1439,h_836,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01,enc_auto/Septimius%20Severus.jpg

The first African Roman Emperor - born in Africa. Must be black, right?

English Heritage have funded this Shocked

English Heritage's own site says:
Quote:
Severus was born in Lepcis Magna. His mother's family were from Italy and his father's family, the Septimi, were Punic - descended from Phoenicians who had settled in what is now North Africa.

Just how ridiculous do you have to be to pay for a commissioned painting of a Roman Emperor as a black man when every bit of evidence, including the statues, busts, depictions etc of the time and after, would all tell you differently? How is a man with Italian heritage from his mother and a Punic father even likely to have had a drop of sub-Saharan African blood let alone black skin?

Why.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:18 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the hearts of our institutions have gone bad, and must be ripped out and replaced. This isn't going to be a short war, nor will it be easy. Feelings will be hurt, it's gonna be messy! But that doesn't mean we should pull back from the task.

For institutions like the National Trust and English Heritage, they have to be boycotted, starved of funds. We might lose some of the things they are supposed to protect, but if we go along with it, we'll lose them all in the end.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Quote:
A portrait of Septimius Severus from a series of a series of six commissioned by England Heritage, depicting historic figures from the African diaspora whose stories have contributed to England's rich history.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/43c24b_ea992816be7e4c0e807b1801534e7b0c~mv2.jpg/v1/crop/x_0,y_380,w_5203,h_3023/fill/w_1439,h_836,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01,enc_auto/Septimius%20Severus.jpg

The first African Roman Emperor - born in Africa. Must be black, right?

Although, tbh, the portrait doesn't look to depict a sub-Saharan black African to me.
Be careful what you attack.

Once again though, I'd stress that although the Roman Empire was large and did indeed eventually accept people from all over into high positions, the culture brought to Britain was still decidedly Roman until at least the 4th century AD, after which Christianity, introduced firmly into that empire by Constantine, changed its nature fundamentally.
Not long after that, the Roman Empire began to fall apart and the Romans withdrew from Britain. Even Roman culture didn't last long here after that.

Last edited by chickenstrip on 18:00 - 09 Oct 2022; edited 1 time in total

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artist's statement:
I was drawn to Severus because of the parallels with my own mixed heritage status (Nigerian, Spanish and German), and this made me reflect on how people might imagine someone like us to look like. I wanted to go beyond painting Rome’s African Emperor, to portray a complex individual by paying attention to his personality and how he chose to be seen in his coins, statues and architecture. Historically black people have had little control over their portrayal. Severus embodied and altered the image of the Roman Empire.

Much like the usual Mauritania = black myth, this one just strikes me as misdirection on behalf of the artist.

But as I say. Why? Deliberate?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also 0:51 on the video linked in there.

There's 6 people in shot. One of them is white. 4 of them are most definitely black.

Given the low black origin visitor numbers of English Heritage sites across the UK, this strikes me as particularly weird.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Artist's statement:
I was drawn to Severus because of the parallels with my own mixed heritage status (Nigerian, Spanish and German), and this made me reflect on how people might imagine someone like us to look like.

Uncanny
Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Fastenating that Elongated Musket is paying billions of dollars to buy a nutter's forum.
Must be the ad revenue.

Maybe he sees that it's a left wing echo chamber and believes in honest and open debate rather than blanket censorship
of views not deemed on message. I always said I'd be banned from Twitter within about 2 hours so I've always avoided
the platform. May be worth a look assuming the deal goes through and the North Korean like censorship is put to bed.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 09 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
"Historically black people have had little control over their portrayal".

This is the part of the artist statement which is confusing in the context of the rest, and has little place in that context.
But in the end, it is not someone's skin colour that matters, but more the cultural contribution they made. No matter what Severus's origins were, he would have lived within the Roman culture. The whole racial argument is moot. It has been known for a long time what the origins of most of the Roman emperors were, and not denied in the history books. We call Severus Roman because that is what he was, bearing in mind the empire covered such a large swathe of territory. Are we to say that someone who was born and raised north of the Po river but nevertheless within what is now Italy was not Roman? At one point that was true, because being Roman was a matter of citizenship, and to begin with, that citizenship was only held by people from Rome itself, but was gradually extended for a number of reasons as the empire expanded.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:29 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Reimagined..."

And the latest one is Scooby Doo. Velma's black and a lesbian, Shaggy's also now black and called Norville, Daphne's half-asian and Fred's non-binary. Oh and Scooby's been dropped.

My wife summed this up best: "Are you fucking kidding me?! Cunts, they're all cunts!" (describing the so-called entertainment industry)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:29 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
"Reimagined..."

And the latest one is Scooby Doo. Velma's black and a lesbian, Shaggy's also now black and called Norville, Daphne's half-asian and Fred's non-binary. Oh and Scooby's been dropped.

My wife summed this up best: "Are you fucking kidding me?! Cunts, they're all cunts!" (describing the so-called entertainment industry)

‘Velma’ Showrunner Explains Scooby-Doo’s Absence on New HBO Max Series: ‘That’s What Made it a Kid Show’

A Scooby Doo film without Scooby?

It's totally wrong. If you want to make a film with black lesbians, gays, whatever, fine, make a movie but make it original why nick a kids programme where the dog was the star to promote your sexual/racial politics. It's like talk of a female James Bond. If you want a female spy, make a movie for one, don't steal a role from someone elses ideas.

But that's todays in vogue thing isn't it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:08 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
‘Velma’ Showrunner Explains Scooby-Doo’s Absence on New HBO Max Series:

That does seem a tad odd. Its like doing a remake of Jaws, but with a horse instead of a shark...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:22 - 10 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
But that's todays in vogue thing isn't it.

Hollywood "showrunner" hard at work:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O2OMOAeOJzM/V-QU6AMzZSI/AAAAAAAACBM/EiIk1O4wrxYaC0fg-gmRv5stq8L4GlvjgCLcB/s412/leech-1055446_640x347.jpg

They tried making original shows based on "The Message" but nobody watched them. If they attach to an existing property they can leverage the existing fanbase, wait for all the bad reviews to come in and accuse everyone of being -ists and -phobes to generate publicity Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 189 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 50 of 63