Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:35 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
What was wrong with the way our armed services were doing things up till now, that require a new emphasis on "EQ"?

To me it sounds like they're wanting to put labels on things rather requiring a new emphasis which in turn would change how things are done.

As you say, it's about leadership qualities which is nothing new to the armed services.

"It is the same altering of the use of language that the woke brigade peddle, and it has no practical use in the real world beyond what we already know and do."

Yup, altering the use of language and applying labels to things won't actually change what happens, it's all an exercise in pointlessness. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:31 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

To me it sounds like they're wanting to put labels on things rather requiring a new emphasis which in turn would change how things are done.

Except that now they are allowing servicemen to have dreadlocks, ponytails and beards up to 8 inches long; Royal Hair Force indeed! Why? How will that improve the effectiveness of the armed services?

The length of hair sometimes has practical applications. If you are a technician crawling down the claustrophobically tight confines of the tail boom of a Puma helicopter to get at a faulty Jennings relay in the HF aerial system, where cables and cable ties, bulkheads and all sorts of other snagging obstacles have to be negotiated, are dreadlocks and ponytails likely to help or hinder that task?

In the event of an NBC attack, is a beard likely to help the seal on your respirator, or render it ineffective?

Not to mention that short, neat hair is a standard of discipline - as I said, a subsuming of the individual to the goals of the unit, a requirement for efficient armed forces. Don't like it? Don't join up. End of.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the event of an NBC attack, is a beard likely to help the seal on your respirator

Only if it could hide behind it...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:47 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Ste wrote:

Except that now they are allowing servicemen to have dreadlocks, ponytails and beards up to 8 inches long; Royal Hair Force indeed! Why? How will that improve the effectiveness of the armed services?

The length of hair sometimes has practical applications. If you are a technician crawling down the claustrophobically tight confines of the tail boom of a Puma helicopter to get at a faulty Jennings relay in the HF aerial system, where cables and cable ties, bulkheads and all sorts of other snagging obstacles have to be negotiated, are dreadlocks and ponytails likely to help or hinder that task?

In the event of an NBC attack, is a beard likely to help the seal on your respirator, or render it ineffective?

Not to mention that short, neat hair is a standard of discipline - as I said, a subsuming of the individual to the goals of the unit, a requirement for efficient armed forces. Don't like it? Don't join up. End of.

Citation please? I've seen a few tattooed service people but I've never seen one with dreadlocks.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Citation please? I've seen a few tattooed service people but I've never seen one with dreadlocks.

Look it up. It's out there. Just recently introduced, so no, you wouldn't have seen anyone yet. More importantly, can you answer why such a regulation would be relaxed in this way?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8850121/RAF-allow-dreadlocks-braids-ponytails-bid-boost-diversity-service.html

Diversity quotas:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-armed-forces-must-recruit-more-people-ethnic-minorities-says-defence-secretary-10508450.html

Are we going to force people from minorities to join up if they don't come forward voluntarily? Or just make the services so lax that it'll look like easy money for people?
If people can fit the standards and handle the discipline, they should be welcome. Otherwise, go find work elsewhere. What arguments do you have against that, Nobby?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:14 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the highbrow (!) Version of the sun. Surprised that they didn't manage to wrangle 'just think of the children''.

Hardly quality journalism.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are we going to force people from minorities to join up if they don't come forward voluntarily?

An odd statement. If people who aren't white don't come forward in the numbers required to ensure a properly representative intake, then its obvious what will happen - recruitment will only be from those that applied. We aren't going to see press-gangs outside the mosque or on street corners in Brixton...

Likewise I can't see anyone regardless of ethnicity joining up because they think it'll be easy money. Easy money is sitting on one's arse most of the day playing FIFA and selling the occasional bag. I bet the average scrote makes more in a night than Tommy Atkins makes in a month.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:32 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Ah, the highbrow (!) Version of the sun. Surprised that they didn't manage to wrangle 'just think of the children''.

Hardly quality journalism.

Do you think they are lying? Such a thing should be easy enough to properly discredit if so. Can you? Have you seen anywhere where the RAF denies it?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:33 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
Are we going to force people from minorities to join up if they don't come forward voluntarily?

An odd statement. If people who aren't white don't come forward in the numbers required to ensure a properly representative intake, then its obvious what will happen - recruitment will only be from those that applied. We aren't going to see press-gangs outside the mosque or on street corners in Brixton...

Likewise I can't see anyone regardless of ethnicity joining up because they think it'll be easy money. Easy money is sitting on one's arse most of the day playing FIFA and selling the occasional bag. I bet the average scrote makes more in a night than Tommy Atkins makes in a month.

So why introduce quotas in the first place?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:52 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is 'quotas' your choice of word, a word used by the sensationalising media or a word used by the armed forces?

Using the 'q' word will always promote a negative reaction, as it has done in you. To describe the process as one of a move towards inclusivity and a truer representation of our ethnic makeup is a tad less dramatic... You can argue that both are effectively the same thing, however it is all about the way its presented. Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

Is 'quotas' your choice of word, a word used by the sensationalising media or a word used by the armed forces?

Using the 'q' word will always promote a negative reaction, as it has done in you. To describe the process as one of a move towards inclusivity and a truer representation of our ethnic makeup is a tad less dramatic... You can argue that both are effectively the same thing, however it is all about the way its presented. Very Happy

Ah, the lefty liberal word game! Laughing

Quote:
The Defence Secretary, Michael Fallon, has told service chiefs that by 2020 at least 10 per cent of all new joiners will have to come from a non-white background.

Is that not a quota? Ok, lets call it a numbers requirement. Why do the armed services need such a requirement if their job is being accomplished effectively? Why do the armed services need "a truer representation of our ethnic makeup"? What British citizens, that can fit service requirements, are being denied the chance to join the armed services? Why is it not enough to say that these are the rules of service in the armed forces - if you wish to join and can fit them, you are welcome, if you can't, then maybe this isn't the career for you?

I would say the same to any potential immigrants to this country. If you can live within the laws of the land and we have opportunities there for you, you are welcome. If you can't, and we don't have the opportunities you are looking for, look elsewhere.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:19 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

Why does anything NEED to mirror the make up of our nation's citizens?

There are more black footballers on high wages in the Premier league than is the percentage of black people in the country and very few Asians. Should we have quotas?

There are certainly more Asian taxi drivers as a percentage than there are Asians in MK and probably else where. I couldn't get a job there, it's Asian jobs for Asians.

There aren't many blacks at sea but there are a huge number of Indians. Shouldn't we have quotas. Well no, we shouldn't. I wouldn't want to work at sea with someone who is there because quota gives him the job and I know from my family and friends in the armed forces the trust in your brother soldiers is paramount.

People work where they want to work in the UK. At the present time they probably just get work where they can but to impose quotas, and that is exactly what they are implying, has to work both ways or you create racism, not remove it.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not defending it, merely offering an alternative way of looking at it...

Given that (IMO) the main threat we as a country face now is from the barmy side of Islam, wouldn't it make more sense to have a higher proportion of members of the armed forces, security forces etc who are Islamic, albeit not the nuttier end? Just saying...

Chickenbreath, I take it your use of the expression 'the lefty liberal word game' means that 'quota' wasn't a word used by the armed forces? Laughing

Polarbear I agree entirely that not every job should be undertaken by a mirror image of our nation's citizens because that ignores the fact that we all have different backgrounds and were dealt different hands at birth. I don't think there is anything wrong with moving towards a level playing field of opportunity though as a general principle.

I don't agree with your statement that people work where they want to work in the UK. People work where somebody will employ them, which is a completely different thing. You used the example of taxi drivers in Milton Keynes and the fact that you couldn't get a job doing that, whether you'd want it or not.

Levelling up the playing field a bit won't create racism unless the media tells us honkies to be offended. Doing it to the extent that the wrong people are employed at the expense of the better qualified or able will. On this I am sure we all agree Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I'm not defending it, merely offering an alternative way of looking at it...

Given that (IMO) the main threat we as a country face now is from the barmy side of Islam, wouldn't it make more sense to have a higher proportion of members of the armed forces, security forces etc who are Islamic, albeit not the nuttier end? Just saying...

Chickenbreath, I take it your use of the expression 'the lefty liberal word game' means that 'quota' wasn't a word used by the armed forces? Laughing

Polarbear I agree entirely that not every job should be undertaken by a mirror image of our nation's citizens because that ignores the fact that we all have different backgrounds and were dealt different hands at birth. I don't think there is anything wrong with moving towards a level playing field of opportunity though as a general principle.

I don't agree with your statement that people work where they want to work in the UK. People work where somebody will employ them, which is a completely different thing. You used the example of taxi drivers in Milton Keynes and the fact that you couldn't get a job doing that, whether you'd want it or not.

Levelling up the playing field a bit won't create racism unless the media tells us honkies to be offended. Doing it to the extent that the wrong people are employed at the expense of the better qualified or able will. On this I am sure we all agree Smile

Insults normally mean one has conceded the argument Laughing This appears to be confirmed by the fact you failed to answer a single one of the questions I put to you Wink

So many holes in your thinking, it's a wonder you can string a sentence together, especially since you seem to struggle with the definitions of really quite simple words. Never mind. Have another turmeric latte darling Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with ensuring the playing field is level, of course I do. However quotas, and that is exactly it is despite giving it a flowery in vogue name, do not do that.

Last edited by Polarbear on 11:44 - 21 Oct 2020; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I totally agree with ensuring the playing field is level

I would be very careful with admitting to that with a lefty liberal. They support the EU's idea of a "level playing field", which is anything but.

But that is their tactic, perfectly illustrated above. If you know you have no argument, or it is weak, resort to word games, altering definitions to suit your point, or outright getting offended by words. Or pretending to, anyway. Or any tactic that allows them to avoid directly answering your challenges, because they know if they try, it all falls apart for them.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I totally agree with ensuring the playing field is level

I would be very careful with admitting to that with a lefty liberal. They support the EU's idea of a "level playing field", which is anything but.

But that is their tactic, perfectly illustrated above. If you know you have no argument, or it is weak, resort to word games, altering definitions to suit your point, or outright getting offended by words. Or pretending to, anyway. Or any tactic that allows them to avoid directly answering your challenges, because they know if they try, it all falls apart for them.

Who rattled your coop? Laughing Laughing Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Who rattled your coop? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Best not laugh so much. Those turmeric stains are a bugger to get out Razz

Still not able to steel yourself to answer some of the questions I put to you? Wink Maybe stick to delivering the post, perhaps you can manage that.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:51 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steady on, let's keep it friendly, eh?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:49 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modern politics is a rough arena, not for the faint of heart! Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

The military operates on a code of discipline. It can be no other way for effective armed forces if they are to do what is their main purpose - fight in war. Relaxation of that is a slippery slope. And it is the military people who are the experts on this, not the university and college professors and students who sit in a snug, warm office or classroom analysing how many people from minority groups join the forces.

I don't understand why you think professors and students are the ones deciding how the military goes about its policy-making.

The RAF statement on EQ will have surely been written and agreed upon by... people in the RAF.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

The military operates on a code of discipline. It can be no other way for effective armed forces if they are to do what is their main purpose - fight in war. Relaxation of that is a slippery slope. And it is the military people who are the experts on this, not the university and college professors and students who sit in a snug, warm office or classroom analysing how many people from minority groups join the forces.

I don't understand why you think professors and students are the ones deciding how the military goes about its policy-making.

The RAF statement on EQ will have surely been written and agreed upon by... people in the RAF.

Because they don't have any choice on todays toxic climate of promote anything that isn't white? If they said they didn't want the 'quotas' they would be taken out a shot as racists, just like people were when they criticized the now discredited 'multicultural' dogma in the past.

In other news.........

Commonwealth Games 2022: BBC to broadcast competition with more women's than men's medal events

The BBC are wetting themselves with glee because in the 2022 Commonwealth games there will be 136 podium events for women and 134 for men in 2022. and they will be showing it. Jesus, such little things to keep the SJW brigade happy. Laughing

Anyway, I wonder if they will be so happy when they find one of the extra events is the 'Miss Wet T Shirt' of the Commonwealth games ! Thumbs Up Laughing

I might have made that bit up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/54617237

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:04 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Why? Why not?

I'm making assumptions here but they'll be recruited on qualities and skills other than their hair style. Those qualities and skills will improve the effectiveness of the armed services.

chickenstrip wrote:

I presume that those with long hair won't be eligible for those roles and they won't have signed up with those roles in mind for their career anyway. For IT based roles, what hair style someone happens to have is unlikely to make any difference to their IT abilities.

chickenstrip wrote:

Dreadlock man with his ponytail and beard won't be anywhere near places where that would be a consideration otherwise he'll need a set of clippers to go with his respirator.

chickenstrip wrote:

Can't argue on the standard of discipline thing but their skills could be more important than their haircut.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:00 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Steady on, let's keep it friendly, eh?

I like to think that this is an arena where people can insult each other with relative impunity. Thumbs Up Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

The pressure to adopt such approaches comes from government - the MOD and ministers therein. The pressure on them comes from society. Academics will often have a hand in forging government policy.

I say there is a malaise in society today, so results of that will not always be a positive thing. There are certain institutions that are too important to be allowed to be affected by this malaise, by politics. The armed services are one such.

I still don't see any requirement for the armed forces to change anything. Racism and other ugly manifestations are dealt with as things were. Sometimes there are failings to tackle such episodes properly, and it is these failings that need addressing. But as with all our institutions, there is no systemic racism. You cannot find anything in military policy where it states that people should be discriminated against on the basis of colour or ethnicity. Some of our best soldiers are black. Look at the VC won by Private Beharry for e.g., before these quotas and policies of diversity were thought of. The armed services are already diverse, as I can state from experience. If those from ethnic backgrounds or other minority groups don't wish to join up, that's their choice. It doesn't mean that discipline should be relaxed to encourage them. Our services are frequently acknowledged to be among the best in the world as things stand. If it ain't broke...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 2 of 64