Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:04 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Try to be less white.

Apparently that is 'appropriation' and a big no-no unless you are a youth in grey who listens to angry black men shouting over someone else's music.

I suppose I could try to be like one of the cultures that doesn't care about appropriation - I fancy being Australian for a bit - lager, crocs (no sharks because the crocs ate all the sharks), that's not a knife etc.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
Try to be less white.

Apparently that is 'appropriation' and a big no-no unless you are a youth in grey who listens to angry black men shouting over someone else's music.

I dunno, it's all meaningless to me.

Quote:
I suppose I could try to be like one of the cultures that doesn't care about appropriation - I fancy being Australian for a bit - lager, crocs (no sharks because the crocs ate all the sharks), that's not a knife etc.

I remember when Australia used to be thought of like that too.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trans Tolerance in full effect:

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-rosie-duffield-to-skip-partys-conference-due-to-threats-amid-calls-for-end-to-factionalism-and-intolerance-12412356

Quote:
Rosie Duffield, the Labour MP for Canterbury, has told The Sunday Times she will stay away from the party's gathering in Brighton later this week.

According to the newspaper, she has received online threats from transgender campaigners.

Well, I dare say that she deserved threats made against her. I mean, I'm sure she's completely intolerant and speaks horrible hate speech, right?

Quote:
Ms Duffield has previously been branded a "transphobe" on social media for making the comment that "only women have a cervix".

And she has also said that "self-identification" as a woman might not be appropriate for entering female-only spaces.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Trans Tolerance in full effect:

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-rosie-duffield-to-skip-partys-conference-due-to-threats-amid-calls-for-end-to-factionalism-and-intolerance-12412356

Quote:
Rosie Duffield, the Labour MP for Canterbury, has told The Sunday Times she will stay away from the party's gathering in Brighton later this week.

According to the newspaper, she has received online threats from transgender campaigners.

Well, I dare say that she deserved threats made against her. I mean, I'm sure she's completely intolerant and speaks horrible hate speech, right?

Quote:
Ms Duffield has previously been branded a "transphobe" on social media for making the comment that "only women have a cervix".

And she has also said that "self-identification" as a woman might not be appropriate for entering female-only spaces.

Appropriate, methinks:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Serpiente_alquimica.jpg

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:51 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:

Quote:

I thought they were all for equality so why would they need "female only spaces" especially when they've gone against male areas.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:36 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/HMPIOW/status/1441700499196190720

What are all the inmates at Parkhurst, the Category B prison notorious for holding some of the worst sexual predators the UK has ever seen, up to this week?

HMP Isle of Wight wrote:
In preparation for National Inclusion Week our equalities team have started distributing pronoun badges.

What’s your #pronoun?

27th Sept - 3rd Oct

#inclusion #Equality #diversity #unitedforinclusion

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAHy9jhXIAAA8g5?format=jpg&name=small

Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:50 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

National Inclusion Week. Laughing

For some bizarre reason it brings to mind a black head popping scenario. Shocked

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I've just had to do one of those Mickey Mouse induction courses for my new company.

Part of it was an interminable Q&A video on the subject of diversity, inclusion and some other crap I've already forgotten.

With absolutely no sense of irony, they were trumpeting the fact that they were launching their new initiative on National Women's day - I'm still trying to work out how to ask them if we will be celebrating National Men's day, without branding myself a troublemaker.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they’d claim every other day is (Inter)National Men’s Day.

I can’t say I’ve noticed but you’re right; best not to ask.
Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing to find out is how many of your colleagues don't like this stuff. Probably most of them.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:27 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The thing to find out is how many of your colleagues don't like this stuff. Probably most of them.

No-one with half a brain likes it. Yet there are certain types that really do like it a lot and keep harking on about how - because not everybody likes it - we should do more of it, to successfully ram it down their throats and choke the life out of the staff.

I work in a highly successful team right at the top of the industry. It's a role that carries a lot of power / influence. There are some exceptionally talented people in my team - which just for reference is broadly a 50/50 split male to female. Two of the ladies in my team recently had run-ins with the Diversity & Inclusion Managers (of which there are 4, I kid you not).

There's a 'women in the industry' award every year and nominations are made industry wide for who should win one of these prestigious awards. One of my female colleagues - a genuine 130+ IQ, maths genius, multilingual, trained negotiator, and an athlete that's swum the English channel there....and back.... Shocked - was nominated. If you're nominated, you have to respond with an application stating why you think you should win. She then received emails from said D&I Managers saying they'd hired a PR Firm to give her assistance in completing the application as they want the best possible chance for her to win as it's a great opportunity for her CV etc etc.

She wrote back saying she wouldn't be applying, given that she's extremely successful in her own right, she doesn't need a wokey pat on the head to say there-there, how well you're doing for a Doris Laughing And to come back to her when they're ready to give her an award that doesn't involve her having a uterus to qualify Laughing Of course they didn't hire the PR Team for her, they hired it so that they could push the agenda that D&I within our firm was working a treat because look at all the awards they're winning. Absolutely top lass, seeing through that old BS.

Another of the ladies applied for a position on an internally run Future Senior Leaders course which is designed to promote the best talent from your middle management through into the Exec on a Fast-Track. She got an email back saying her application was rejected but there were no grounds stated. So she asked for some feedback on what she could do to make her application stronger, for the next time, of course.....

Turns out a name change to something sub-Saharan and a trip to the sunbeds was her only option Laughing Yes, they embarrassedly wrote back to her and said she was too white as the course was for BAME.

Yet, yesterday, I was listening to a new member of staff in a 'Digital Marketing' role wax lyrical about how the culture is so-right-on it made her happy, and how she'd suggested that the company sponsor Paralympians as they don't receive the funding of their able bodied male counterparts etc etc. You know the sort, short hair, baggy clothes, pronouns in the email signature.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people don't outright say no to it, it will only get worse. I know that may mean losing your job, but before long, it'll be a job that's worthless anyway.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog is Vegetarian of its own choice Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2IPRr--nM

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:05 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
You know the sort, short hair, baggy clothes, pronouns in the email signature.

..we used to call those 'lezzers' suspect that's frowned upon these days though..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:46 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Dog is Vegetarian of its own choice Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG2IPRr--nM

So is Hamilton and by coincidence the most successful f1 driver ever.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 07 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go TFL, you go Laughing

https://art.tfl.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/SH-560-Brixton-Botanical-Map-Foldout-DIGITALEXPORT_LR_01.pdf

Quote:
This map of green spaces in Brixton addresses the legacies of the British empire, it celebrates local botanical education, community gardening and food growing initiatives, whilst looking at gardens as places to consider injustice, oppression and colonial legacy.

Most trees and plants in our parks, gardens and squares did not originally grow in British soil. Many of London’s plants were imported as seeds by naturalists who were engaged in colonial activity of
all kinds, from plantation and slave-ownership to East India Company business. Botany, the study of plants, emerged as a respectable scientifi c discipline in the 18th century, and plants’ intercontinental journeys became integral to the colonial project, changing
global landscapes forever.

Britain’s 18th and 19th century passion for botany and plant hunting relied on colonial commercial networks. Among the most prominent botanists were men whose knowledge of Caribbean plants stemmed
from their involvement in the slavery business, such as Sir Hans Sloane and the MP and Lambeth resident, George Hibbert.

Addressing these troubling histories is as urgent as ever. This map explores our relationships to plants, green spaces, the world and each other.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:36 - 07 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually a lot of parks in London used to be cemetaries. You can tell which ones because there will be a really old church with little in the way of cemetary attached.

The one in Lewisham behind the hospital is a fine example.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:36 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're reaching the end game now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887

At a recent Crystal Palace match...

Quote:
[A banner] featured illustrations of a man dressed in traditional Arabic clothing alongside what appeared to be Premier League chief executive Richard Masters.

The banner had a checklist with alleged offences by the Saudi Arabia regime.

Listed on a picture of a clipboard under the headline 'Premier League Owners Test' were 'Terrorism, beheading, civil rights abuses, murder, censorship and persecution'.

The man in Arab-style clothing was also holding a sword with blood on it.

So of course, one expect the police to investigate* for racism. But wait! A statement by the fan waving the banner:

Quote:
The Saudi led takeover of Newcastle has rightly received widespread condemnation and anger. To give the thumbs up to this deal at a time when the Premier League is promoting the women's game and inclusive initiatives such as rainbow armbands, shows the total hypocrisy at play and demonstrates the league's soulless agenda where profits trump all.

Checkmate Wink

*Bonus points if they turn up in one of their rainbow painted clown wagons.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
We're reaching the end game now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59025887

At a recent Crystal Palace match...

Quote:
[A banner] featured illustrations of a man dressed in traditional Arabic clothing alongside what appeared to be Premier League chief executive Richard Masters.

The banner had a checklist with alleged offences by the Saudi Arabia regime.

Listed on a picture of a clipboard under the headline 'Premier League Owners Test' were 'Terrorism, beheading, civil rights abuses, murder, censorship and persecution'.

The man in Arab-style clothing was also holding a sword with blood on it.

So of course, one expect the police to investigate* for racism. But wait! A statement by the fan waving the banner:

Quote:
The Saudi led takeover of Newcastle has rightly received widespread condemnation and anger. To give the thumbs up to this deal at a time when the Premier League is promoting the women's game and inclusive initiatives such as rainbow armbands, shows the total hypocrisy at play and demonstrates the league's soulless agenda where profits trump all.

Checkmate Wink

*Bonus points if they turn up in one of their rainbow painted clown wagons.

As a response, the owners of Newcastle have said it's now totally OK if you turn up dressed as a raghead. Thumbs Up

"Those who wish to support the club by wearing appropriate culturally-inspired clothing should feel free to do so as they see fit. We are inclusive to all"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12442324/newcastle-backtrack-after-asking-fans-to-not-wear-arab-style-clothing-to-matches-following-saudi-backed-takeover#

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:30 - 24 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
As a response, the owners of Newcastle have said it's now totally OK if you turn up dressed as a raghead. Thumbs Up

"Those who wish to support the club by wearing appropriate culturally-inspired clothing should feel free to do so as they see fit. We are inclusive to all"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12442324/newcastle-backtrack-after-asking-fans-to-not-wear-arab-style-clothing-to-matches-following-saudi-backed-takeover#

The wishes of the supposed "victim" are irrelevant to the police, they're only motivated by clout.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:11 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's a belter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-59037474

Quote:
Joey Barton has been told to consider his future as Bristol Rovers manager after comparing a poor performance by his side to the Holocaust.

Bristol councillor Fabian Breckels, an associate member of the Jewish Labour Movement, said the former England player's comments were "appalling".

So, what did he actually say?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10129721/Joey-Barton-NOT-face-FA-sanction-comparing-Bristol-Rovers-poor-display-Holocaust.html

Twitter link in there.

Quote:
someone gets into the team and has a holocaust, a nightmare, an absolute disaster

So, here they come, out swinging Laughing

Quote:
Dame Helen Hyde, a trustee of the National Holocaust Centre and Museum, believes his analogy showed a "lack of knowledge".

Umm, since he's using the analogy to say one of his team has had an absolute nightmare, I don't think she's right here. If he'd have said 'matey boy played outstanding, he's had a total holocaust there' then maybe she'd be onto something.

Insensitive? Maybe. Outrageous crime for which one must be sacked? Softies, these days?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:22 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd seen all the uproar about Dave Chapelle's comedy sketch where he lets the Trans community have it a bit. But what I hadn't seen is the Netflix protests and the people going batshit over it. Waaooowww, this lot are special.

https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/21/netflix-employees-stage-a-trans-solidarity-walkout-pose-list-of-demands/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABTqlMhssl2YLa-aj4xZtch1gf6soYuBJOe7FQ5LmckcX6fSH4RPZuKgyuNM6M2arS9YqrZLT7sowmMz3HA3ZbPN9eIsWSgSMowro8hSqZAM8MfgkTBYvPvlHqaScd8AQPRV_QRAqCj-rBq-os2dgryLAkgP8qHEXu4WGkkW4Hff

Quote:
“We aren’t complaining about ‘being offended,’ and we don’t have ‘thin skin,'” she wrote. “What we object to is the harm of that content like this does to the trans community (especially trans people of color) and VERY specifically Black trans women.”

VERY specifically Black trans women - Black with a capital B, and VERY all in capitals because it's VERY specific Laughing

https://twitter.com/RainofTerra/status/1445914236668895236

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought "holocaust" was just a word, he didn't say"Holocaust."

In the same way Idris Elba is black but isn't Black.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:47 - 26 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Netflix walkout was very significant. Literally thousands hundreds tens of people!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 28 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seen this. Brilliant, someone must have sat down and thought 'How many PC attributes can we give someone and find a new take to show how oppressed we are.

'You have to prove your faith when you're dating as a black Muslim'

Do you know, I don't give a flying fuck. Your probably failing because you are a load of whiney little bitches.

How the fuck can the BBC regard this as news is way beyond me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-59010749
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 25 of 64