Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 12 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somethings appeal to my sense of humour. I'm sure the trans brigade would want to roast me on the fires of hell but I did chortle.

https://scontent.fltn3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/256176972_10159425885900629_3971929548085117395_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=huJSZ2TrZY0AX-nzxcz&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn3-2.fna&oh=8defe8667c4052f68e38cb107e496c10&oe=6192B273

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:21 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is racist and therefore everything made by the hand of [white] man is racist... including roads:

DEBUNKING the Myth of the 'Racist Underpasses'

Particularly telling is the way Pete Buttigieg smiles as he trots out die große lüge. "I burst out laughing when I read it from the Hymn Sheet this morning but I'll get it down to a grin before the press conference..."

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 22 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit Awards doing away with gendered categories.
Now, that actually makes a lot of sense to me. Makes you wonder why they ever had them that way in the first place. Good music is good music. Although there seems to be little enough of that around these days, if recent past Brit Awards winners are anything to go by Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Now, that actually makes a lot of sense to me. Makes you wonder why they ever had them that way in the first place. Good music is good music. Although there seems to be little enough of that around these days, if recent past Brit Awards winners are anything to go by Laughing

They're probably heading off moves to go the other way: best male act, best female act, best gay act, best lesbian act, best queer act... best deaf act etc. Cuts down on the number of trophies they need to shell out for Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, no, I think it was because gay Bond theme singer Sam Smith refused to take part because he didn’t think genders were valid, the prick… or fanny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:29 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with chickenstrip here. Gender is irrelevant where music is concerned.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:35 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
I'm with chickenstrip here. Gender is irrelevant where music is concerned.

I'm now glad Mozart is dead.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:40 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the argument for having gendered music awards? I honestly can't see it. I saw Mr. Farage complaining about it, with a guest from the business, and I couldn't make out what their argument was. I'm quite willing to accept I may be missing something, but damned if I can figure it out.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
So what is the argument for having gendered music awards? I honestly can't see it. I saw Mr. Farage complaining about it, with a guest from the business, and I couldn't make out what their argument was. I'm quite willing to accept I may be missing something, but damned if I can figure it out.

Competitions need categories, otherwise it’s “Best song of 2021 is… ” aaand… goodnight! I’d have more of an issue with The MOBOs.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:02 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Competitions need categories, otherwise it’s “Best song of 2021 is… ” aaand… goodnight!

Where the Brit Awards are concerned, that might not be such a bad thing Laughing
You've always got different music categories. If you need more than that, perhaps there's really no reason for the awards in the first place. I can't help but cynically think it's probably like many of these things, all manipulated from the inside anyway.
And anyway, I can't really understand why any artist worth their salt would prioritise winning awards over making the music they believe in.

I've been watching a few music reaction channels lately (yeah I know, get a life! Laughing ) and I've noticed how many of the hosts, often from hip-hop, rap etc backgrounds themselves, comment that there just isn't the quality of musicianship around nowadays than there used to be back in, say, the 60s and 70s, even the 80s. And these are all younger folks, so it's not just me saying, "it's not that I'm old, your music does suck" Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:28 - 23 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
all manipulated from the inside anyway.

Sex pistols not getting no.1 in jubilee week being a prime example.

Fucking John denver?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to explain the concept of "autotune" to my mother the other day Smile She's a bit more analytical about modern music than the usual "kids these days! not wot I'd call music..."

But yes, a genre category of "Best Drum & Bass" (feck, showing my age there!) who gives a shit if they're male/female/shemale/alien/etc.

It's probably styled after the Oscars where it used to be "Best Actress" equated to "Best Cock Sucker" Shocked Thank heavens the film industry's not like that any more Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:31 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Let's see the same happen with sport and watch as women almost instantly disappear off the sporting radar
completely? Equality, right? Level playing field?? It's already starting to happen when trans men compete in the female
arena and wipe the floor with their competition. Let's see that universally applied, you never know women might go back to
having babies and raising children again instead of pretending they are men. You know, the one thing they actually can do
better than us. Rolling Eyes

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Let's see the same happen with sport and watch as women almost instantly disappear off the sporting radar
completely? Equality, right? Level playing field?? It's already starting to happen when trans men compete in the female
arena and wipe the floor with their competition. Let's see that universally applied, you never know women might go back to
having babies and raising children again instead of pretending they are men. You know, the one thing they actually can do
better than us. Rolling Eyes

I agree with not having men and women compete directly in most sports - the advantages men have are obvious. But what advantage do men have competing with women, or gays, or trans, in music? What traits do men have that make them better at it? Your analogy doesn't seem to work here.

I think music competitions are a crock anyway. It's the industry looking for ways to make more money. If you're an artist, sure, it's good if you can make a buck with your work, but that isn't what art is about. Musicians would make music anyway, artists would paint, or do sculpture or write plays or whatever. Art is not the same as getting a job just to make a living.

And just because some industry figures say "you're the best" doesn't mean it's true. Everybody has their own favourite artists, and we don't all agree about who we think is the best. So what does it even mean to win a competition in music? I think when you try to quantify art, you've already lost the whole meaning of it. Science ain't gonna explain this one!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to make a feminist shut up? Mention Muslim grooming gangs. Decisions, decisions! Defend women or defend Islam... competing virtue Thinking

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that men tend to suit programming jobs slightly better than women I'd expect the former to win more awards given everything's done on a computer these days.

But these award ceremonies are a circle jerk mutual back slapping session anyway and nothing to do with talent or merit.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Given that men tend to suit programming jobs slightly better than women I'd expect the former to win more awards given everything's done on a computer these days.

Are you looking for another analogy with art?
I'm telling you, you can't quantify art. It's a complete waste of time to even try. You can't even say that men suit the production of art better than women, or vice versa. It is something that is very different to almost any other aspect of life. It's connections are with emotions, and how do you quantify those?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is called the "Music Industry" so more about the production and packaging of products than art Sad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:32 - 24 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
It is called the "Music Industry" so more about the production and packaging of products than art Sad

If you listen to chart music, yes.

A lot of people have taste, however. This was proved when 'Killing in the name of' got to the Crimbo no. 1 ahead of whatever dire shite was coming out of X-voice factor britain has shite bollocks.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 11 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funding the Revolution:

Queues form as Banksy Colston statue trial T-shirts go on sale

As far as I can tell the proceeds are going towards the legal defence of the insurgents who pulled down the statue in Bristol Sad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:54 - 11 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Funding the Revolution:

Queues form as Banksy Colston statue trial T-shirts go on sale

As far as I can tell the proceeds are going towards the legal defence of the insurgents who pulled down the statue in Bristol Sad

No, it's to buy them a pint.

And it's the people of Bristol out in droves to buy them.

Throwing.a statue into the harbour can't really be defined as an insurgency.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 11 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

What would you call the destruction of public property for political reasons?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:38 - 11 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

What would you call the destruction of public property for political reasons?

It wasn't political. The people of Bristol have found it offensive for donkeys years because they consider slavery to be a crime against humanity.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:46 - 11 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It wasn't political.

LMAO! Translation: historic slavery is offensive (but we didn't mind the money at the time) but we have no problem with modern slavery Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:52 - 11 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware of any slavery going on in Bristol at the moment?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 129 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 28 of 63