Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anti-feminism and SJW thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:55 - 08 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's more a political gesture than an act of faith.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:56 - 08 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

For many, there's little difference.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:03 - 08 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

One doesn't require mental illness.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 08 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
One doesn't require mental illness.

Apparently it does. Sufficient to deny all evidence at least.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 08 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:24 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another statue.

Who would like to defend the creator of this one?

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/man-uses-hammer-attack-statue-183341087.html

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:33 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Another statue.

Who would like to defend the creator of this one?

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/man-uses-hammer-attack-statue-183341087.html

Can't access your link but what I will say is it isn't about the creators of statues, nor even the personality represented by the statue. I would have been happy to have seen the Bristol one removed if it had been done through legal process. But vandalism is illegal, end of. To defend it will eventually backfire on those who do so when their property is found offensive by someone else. I do not want us to go down a path towards anarchy.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:37 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointless trying to split hairs over something obviously abhorrent. Statue down - problem solved. Nobody got hurt, nobody denies it was ever there, the people who were unhappy with it are now happy, etc.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always good to cite an edge case to prove a point Wink

Where's the limit though? The whole of society, every society, is built on the bones of the dead and the steps leading up to where we are now are awash with blood. Should we tear it all down? Return to monke?!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it have to be one or the other? Can't the statue be both up and down at the same time? That way, everyone is happy.

The BBC one is just sick. The Bristol one was arguable - nasty man but he did what he did. However, you can see how symbolic it was, and how knocking it down was a sort of capture-the-flag moment.

I know people get irritated because there are some saying it's all doom and gloom but this is true: the tech is around the corner, almost here, to be able to choose to see the Bristol statue where it always was, or to choose to see a broken stump. 5mm-thick AR glasses

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What matters is simply that mob rule doesn't define our lives.

But, hey, that's the way we are going. Who shouts loudest wins the day.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:40 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

People already see what they want to see. VR/AR is entirely superfluous Wink

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:05 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BBC one was created by a known paedophile, who created that in 1930s England, not ancient Greece. It's not really a subjective matter.
Subjectively, I'd say it has zero artistic merit. I'm not an art critic but in my opinion it pales in comparison with both Renaissance and pre-Raphaelite sculpture. However, that's not the reason there's a man there bashing at it with a hammer. He's there because it represents a hideous sort of triumphalism over innocence. Maybe he can find the words to express that and maybe he can't. I don't know. However, the world has lost nothing, and maybe - just maybe - humanity has regained a little of its dignity when it's smashed. Who knows what was going through the "artist"'s mind? Who cares. He is best forgotten. We need something new and we're going to get it. I'm the only one talking about this but I bet there are a huge number of people - even here on this forum - who know exactly what I mean, and who agree with me, and are just choosing to remain silent. And fair play to them.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:16 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We need something new and we're going to get it. I'm the only one talking about this but I bet there are a huge number of people - even here on this forum - who know exactly what I mean, and who agree with me, and are just choosing to remain silent. And fair play to them.

Nope. Lost me there... Smile

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Nope. Lost me there... Smile

Ah, man... Don't make me type out everything I posted in the social credits thread. Laughing

It goes roughly like this: you will get an awesome computer game that allows you to immerse yourself in an absolutely incredible 3D environment, if you've got some gear. You'll probably be told about it by your kids, who'll ask for one after seeing their mates at school get one. You will find it's possible to buy stuff, and meet your friends online, using this thing. You'll get it for your kids, they'll use it for school lessons, etc. Then you'll want/need one for yourself. You'll be happy with it. The outside world will still be there but it will be reorganised. No more fretting over stupid stuff like statues. You will have really cool things to do.

My comment about other members is more to do with the sublimation inherence in the human psyche... And I'll leave it at that. Some people know but aren't saying. I'm just overexcited - never mind me.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that playing computer games elevates people to a higher level, or people think that spending time on the internet on forums such as this gives them an overblown sense of their own self importance?

Apologies for not having read the previous posts.....

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just being friendly and putting this statue in perspective.
Frankly, on forums it seems to me that people who ask for advice should be the ones giving out advice, and people giving advice should be the ones asking for advice. People have made money in tech - did you?

I'm also saying that people's priorities will be adjusted by new tech.

Plus I think whereas in the past people lived long because they were wise, now it's just because of modern advances in health care, food safety, work safety, etc. So it is what it is.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not into self-deprecation

Nothing wrong with a bit of self-deprecation as a tool to disarm... Not that my opinion is worth much however Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:43 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always worth something, because this is how to test ideas, right or wrong. Laughing

I remember this dude, a long time ago, who used to go on various religious forums and pick arguments with the sort of people it's generally a bad idea to pick arguments with, if you catch my drift. He got his PhD eventually. He was helped by the fact that they did his research for him - went through all kinds of books to support their furious rows.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good computer game should be like a good conversation, you come away from it either learning something new about the world or new about yourself Smile

I recall my younger days playing WoW. The game itself was just a puzzle - use this ability then that spell - but the raids could be a marvel in team work and co-ordination.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:16 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the actual fuck, donk!

(From his fb)
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/234898196_10159152039804336_1428928235650082735_n.jpg

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:24 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complied? Marcus would have been leading the way and sucking Hitler off.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is it's a reference to Ordinary Men by Browning.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't knock Adolf - he got the country working again, plus he did wonders for tourism...

Plus, if it wasn't for Adolf I wouldn't be able to play gems like this to get other people's kids up and out of the house on a weekend...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixIp_Eac3uM

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:46 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
My guess is it's a reference to Ordinary Men by Browning.

Ah so Browning is considered to be a holocaust denier to an extent.

I wonder whether Marcus will show the whole of his carefully cropped picture.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 102 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 31 of 64