Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Looking for cheap twin Moto Guzzi 1100, KLE650, other????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

philnewbike
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 24 May 2020    Post subject: Looking for cheap twin Moto Guzzi 1100, KLE650, other???? Reply with quote

I am looking to buy a summer bike for riding across town for errands (i.e. excuse for a ride Wink ) plus a couple of hours in the countryside at the week end. I like the MG V7 but my budget is only £2500 Crying or Very sad ... but there are one or two big bruiser MGs for that cash, e.g. MG Breva 1100cc. My question is has anyone ridden one and are they a bit big, i.e. more like a tank for touring? They weigh 230 Kg which sounds like a lot (1/4 ton nearly!). The other bike in my budget is the kawasaki Versys KLE650 (2010). That's only 180 Kg so much more manageable... but the Italian Breva does look sooooo nice . (And no, the Breva 750 is too small and ugly, sorry)

My last bike (15 years ago) was a Yamaha XT600 and I really liked to single cylinder punch, but most stuff on Autotrader is 4 cylinder stuff which doesn't interest me as I don't want a screamer, e.g. zzr600 are cheap but 14000 redline? Lol, I'd be in trouble.

Any advice on a mid range interesting fun bike for £3000 (absolute max!) would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers, phil Wub

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:12 - 24 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

V Strom?

Bought a 650 for peanuts to commute on. Didn't want to like it, but I do.

philnewbike
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 25 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good suggestion but they seem to hold their value and nine near me sadly... besides, although I'm sure it's great, it doesn't seem particularly 'interesting' Embarassed

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 25 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way cheap and Guzzi would be in the sale description is if it came in boxes.

I've always liked them, something a bit different. Even the old cruisers, the T3 and the California had charm. Stupid money though. Of all of the newer Guzzis, the Breva is horrible. The Grisso in matt green though. Wub

Sorry, waffling and not answering the question. Laughing

Have some eye candy

https://i1.wp.com/www.bike-urious.com/wp-content/uploads/Moto-Guzzi-Griso-SE-Right-Side1.jpg?fit=881%2C586&ssl=1

philnewbike
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 25 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I do like the Gristle but I prefer the Breva, especially in black... must be odd lol
https://veh-markets.com/motorcycles/moto_guzzi/160016-2006-moto-guzzi-breva-1100-black.html

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:29 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha TRX 850

I had one and it’s a very underrated bike. Very satisfying machine to use. I had one with twin scorpions on it. What a sound.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pick up an R1100S for that money, my dad had the boxer cup replica for years, it was a cracking bike, I think it had done nearly 70,000 miles when it was stolen.

philnewbike
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1100s and TRX850 are great left field suggestions. Only issue is they are quite sporty ridig position (and there are only 3 TRXs in the UK for sale!).

I've now made an offer on a Breva 1100 so will no doubt be back to ask advice about breakdowns etc Smile

philnewbike
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

Bought a Breva 1100 with 21000 miles and completely standard. My largest previous bike was a XT600 so riding this 250 kg 1/4 ton behemoth 100 miles home in my civilian clothes was nerve wracking... though the route through the Scottish boarders was awesome Cool .

First impressions. Good: I love the noise, torque in any gear at any rpm, relaxed, very easy gear change (suprising for such an agricultural looking machine), very powerful front brake, upright position, cruise at 3000ish rpm at 55/60. Not so good: clonking drive system (torque arm bushes?), severe buffeting over 60 mph (I suspect its the fly screen, might remove), slight odd shaft drive feeling of squrminess when learned over and accelerating(?), it is foooking heavy. OMG it is heavy.

Did I mention, it is heavy. Once moving that gives a nice feeling of security, but below 10 mph its quite unnerving. Good thing is the seat is quite low (to me, am 6 foot). I will enjoy it and then look for a smaller single or twin for nxt year.

thanks for the input, much appreciated.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1