Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Covid19 latest news and stats.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Do you obey Covid19 lockdown rules?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
No I am Cummings
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
What rules?
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Easy-X This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:54 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
So what do you think you've learned about me? Laughing

Grade A candidate for "ppl to liven up a party" Thumbs Up

Just goes to show how badly you can misjudge someone going by a few posts on the internet Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Val This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:01 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Just goes to show how badly you can misjudge someone going by a few posts on the internet Laughing

Ah, I see the confusion now! My apologies, that was meant to be an "I agree" but it leaves the last Karma thing in the box and I misclicked Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I complain about Easy-X lie above (the fact is I have travelled for a reason on 7th March way before any UK lockdown rules whilst Cummings clearly has broken all the rules) and Easy-X rates my post as abusive?

Since when is abusive to ask people to stop lying?

Fuck you Easy-X my ass Middle Finger rate this Laughing

Now, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say I've taken a dislike to you. Not because you're not a native - being English is highly overrated - and not because you're constantly bashing the country you're living in and not because you always come across as a paid Russian social media quisling. It's because you seem to lack a sense of humour Sad

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a less literate foreign version of him.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 26 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The annoying thing is he comes on, spouts shite and then fcuks off after winding everyone up.

I prefer Ashley. Thumbs Up

It's called 'Seagull Management'

= Flies in, Squarks a lot, Sh1ts over everything, Flies off
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 27 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
So the batsoup flu really is a bioweapon after all, let's talk reparations.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/21/australian-researchers-see-virus-design-manipulati/

Read the whole article, which includes "The Australian study contradicts other scientists’ assertions that there is no evidence the virus originated in a Chinese laboratory or that it is the result of laboratory bioengineering".

Best to wait before getting all foilhatted about it.

Edit:

The actual paper is here: https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2005/2005.06199.pdf (https://arxiv.org/abs/2005.06199)

"In silico comparison of spike protein-ACE2 binding affinities across species; significance for the possible origin of the SARS-CoV-2 virus"

Overall, the data indicates that SARSCoV2 is uniquely adapted to infect humans, raising questions as to whether it arose in nature by a rare chance event or whether its origins lie elsewhere.

(My emphasis)
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 27 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this argument with a piece of 4x2: why is it necessary to fabricate a giant conspiracy when reality is bad enough. If we assume that reality is this... (my opinion anyway)

Chinese "fresh" food market hot-houses a cross species virus. Authorities race to cover up any problem and try and make out they're in control. People go about their business and infect The Rest of World. Chinese then claim it's all the 'muricans fault.

Really? That isn't enough?! The fact that they're totally unapologetic is enough for me Evil or Very Mad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:08 - 27 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Chinese "fresh" food market hot-houses a cross species virus. Authorities race to cover up any problem and try and make out they're in control. People go about their business and infect The Rest of World. Chinese then claim it's all the 'muricans fault.

Really? That isn't enough?! The fact that they're totally unapologetic is enough for me Evil or Very Mad

Alas, I don't think you can expect any better from a hard line Communist government. Face it, they just ain't like us in the west.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:54 - 27 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I had this argument with a piece of 4x2: why is it necessary to fabricate a giant conspiracy when reality is bad enough. If we assume that reality is this... (my opinion anyway)

The suggestion is that the animals were illegally taken and sold at the food market by chinese workers at the biological weapons lab.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 27 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

The poor old man appears to have lost his marbles.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 27 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Dr Micowave?

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:22 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of follow the rules, instead of meeting my 80 year old vulnerable mum in a park, I deliver her all her shopping once per week and if the weather is nice I talk to her in her garden.

I go cycling with a mate and sometimes we take the pixs and we get as close as 1m99cm.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:14 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
The suggestion is that the animals were illegally taken and sold at the food market by chinese workers at the biological weapons lab.

Actually, that sounds plausible Thumbs Up

I've seen a number of anecdotal accounts on YouTube with ex-pats in China and generally they agree the Chinese have an attitude of "a dollar today is better than 10 dollars tomorrow" that and watch out for street monks and tea ceremony hawkers Smile

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:38 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real science-led leader of the free world: Merkel.

Trump & Johnson want face to face G7.

Merkel says no way she will attend G7 during the pandemic:

https://www.dw.com/en/angela-merkel-rejects-trumps-g7-summit-invite-report/a-53625373

Latest #Covid19 death toll:

US - 60 000
UK - 50 000
Germany - 8000

For all the idiots saying, these are unprecedented times, Boris Johnson
is doing a good Covid19 job protecting our lives and families. Give him a break. Who could have done a better job?

Literally anyone, you utter morons;

https://i.imgur.com/NPeDye2.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then Merkel is a moron.

A face to face means more chance of the Orange Man being infected and fit as he thinks he is even with our Dear Leader it was touch and go.

Very selfish of her, should think of the bigger picture.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Then Merkel is a moron

She's not the onlly one.... Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Covid19 makes it less likely you'll die if you're a South African or an Israeli. Pretty bar charts don't lie.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
Japan total pop: 126 million (condensed island)
COVID-19 deaths: 850 [no lockdown]
2 + 2 = 5?

2 + 2 = 5 with a lot of other figures omitted.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:55 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no obvious logic to the amount of deaths.

We have one of the best health systems yet a high death total. Obviously a large number of countries either are recording their deaths differently or some other reasons affect the numbers.

We are saying BAME people are more likely to die. That doesn't show in BAME countries, even ones with poor health services. India, Pakistan, Asian and African countries have many less deaths than white northern American and European countries.

To me it's pretty obvious why.......

African and mid Asian counties don't really give a fcuk about advertising numbers. It's easier to keep people in the dark and calm and quiet rather than cause panic. Look at India when it tried to close things down, it probably caused more deaths with forced migration than covid did.

Far eastern populations are much more herd mentality. They do what they are told. Stay in, they stay in. Obviously China they just welded them in. Rolling Eyes

South America is following the same lines but with more openness about numbers. Also they have much younger populations.

SO, maybe in a few years we will have a true picture of who did what right or wrong but at the moment it all means jack sh1t.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 331 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3