Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Cummings affair

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

TheIncredible...
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 16:09 - 28 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49945653412_563656d65a_z.jpg

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 30 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's emerging that Robin Lees, the public spirited citizen that spotted and reported Dominic Cummings for allegedly breaching The Lockdown Rules, may have been a bit fast and loose with his own interpretation of the rules....

Maybe he thinks that there should be one rule for Devil's Spawn Tories and another for Lefties?

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
Oh dear.

"A key witness who claimed he saw Dominic Cummings on a second lockdown trip to Durham has now said that he made up the story as a joke.

Tim Matthews, a keen runner, admitted that he doctored the details on the Strava app, used by joggers and athletes to record routes and times, to make it look as if he had seen Mr Cummings on the afternoon of April 19 – five days after the Prime Minister’s aide returned to London."

Meanwhile, former teacher Robin Lees, who called police about Mr Cummings taking a trip from his parents’ Durham home to Barnard Castle, last night admitted to making a long-distance trip himself.

He drove from his home in Barnard Castle earlier this month to pick up his student daughter who had been self-isolating at her boyfriend’s home in Berkshire. She was seen at the family home last week, but Mr Lees insists he complied with the relevant rules at the time.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:34 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accusations from people associated with public sector workers unions are usually lies. Some of the most untrustworthy people about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:20 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd that. I wonder why Cummings and his propaganda machine took so long to shoot the messenger?
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:56 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about what Joe Public does, I care about the example our leaders (or their unelected aides) set for us, and I especially care about the amount of dodging and outright lying our leaders will do to protect themselves and their own.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I don't care about what Joe Public does, I care about the example our leaders (or their unelected aides) set for us, and I especially care about the amount of dodging and outright lying our leaders will do to protect themselves and their own.

So, let me get this straight...
Even if our leaders set a good example, you don't care how the public at large behave?
I care far more about how the public behave through this pandemic, because that's what has the potential to affect me.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:16 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

Tribalism is the enemy of reason.

Generally speaking, I don't care for sweeping statements Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:25 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
"shoot the messenger" is an interesting euphemism to use for exposing fraud and hypocrisy.
Tribalism is the enemy of reason.

You're now the forum's arch-conspiracy theorist (re-emerging at exactly the right time to pick up where mpd left off) so I'm surprised you've missed a trick here, namely that the men in black have paid the two guys a visit and warned them off. Silence Smile

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:40 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say that Cummings didn't go to barnard castle be cause he has already admitted that he did and the police said his reason made it a breach of lockdown.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've found some examples where the non-Tories have behaved badly too. I'd have them all shot at dawn but when the guy who runs the country ( Wink Thinking ) wilfully ignores the directives he'd issued to everybody else and brazenly makes up some guff to excuse it and gets the continued support of his backers, that's astonishing. Hypocrisy is hard to forgive.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chief Education Officer only advises, it's the politicians who decide on and issue the directive. Cummings is "only" a political advisor but he seems to have Boris by the balls as well as the strings.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
….and gets the continued support of his backers

This is the truly worrying bit about the whole affair. Cummings driving somewhere when he shouldn't is nothing in comparison to the considered response from BoJo.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:35 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another falls on her sword.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52867324

Coronavirus: Labour MP quits role after lockdown breach.
Rosie Duffield met her partner in her Canterbury constituency for a five-hour walk when he was still living with his wife.
Tut Tut

Mind you, I'd break some lockdown rules the have a 'WALK' with her. Whistle

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1618B/production/_112570509_p08dph9n.jpg

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. She's still an MP, she just quit her role as an Opposition Whip, i.e. telling other people to toe the line. Laughing

It's probably a good career move too, taking one for the team so they can get all 'holier than thou' with the Tories.

"Her married partner who was still living with his wife," slickly glosses over the A-word.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Not really. She's still an MP, she just quit her role as an Opposition Whip, i.e. telling other people to toe the line. Laughing

It's probably a good career move too, taking one for the team so they can get all 'holier than thou' with the Tories.

"Her married partner who was still living with his wife," slickly glosses over the A-word.

Oh yes. I noticed that. Get it into the open while the media is focused on the opposition. Devious little commie home wrecker. Laughing .

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/1618B/production/_112570509_p08dph9n.jpg

You dirty old man.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

You dirty old man.

Guilty as charged, Cool I'm a great big Dirty Bertie old Hector.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:48 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet she takes it up the shitter. I'd break lockdown to have a go on it.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:27 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Even if our leaders set a good example, you don't care how the public at large behave?

Well of course I care, but it's a case of learning from those who are supposed to be the authority.

Same as a school - kids run wild and do whatever they want. Teachers are supposed to set, enforce or represent a good example. Do you want shit teachers?

Or in society - there are plenty of pretty fucking evil people out there. Police are supposed to set, enforce or represent a good example. Do you want a cabal of feral, broken lawless police?

Or in government - politicians, i.e. the people who plan and write the policy that we are expected to abide to, are supposed to set, enforce or represent a good example. Why expect anything less?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 31 May 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Well of course I care

So don't say you don't Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7