Crossbows.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 02 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ey up, Ash. Long time and all that.
This thread has reminded me of someone who, like you, once lived in an area of Wakefield. He then, like you, moved to an area of Bradford. Then he bought a crossbow....

Wink

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:52 - 03 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTTD wrote:
wr6133 wrote:
If you want to prep for the end of days that much just go to France, legally buy a black powder revolver and just carry it back.
Pretty sure that stops being legal once you get it into the UK though, and black powder pistols do take a bit of knowing what you're doing. Even experienced shooters hurt themselves - chap local to me lost a couple of fingers when he had a flash over when reloading a flintlock pistol and he'd been shooting muzzle loaders for decades.

FFS, after 8 years on here you have no excuse not to know how BCF works. Rolling Eyes
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bladerunner
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:16 - 07 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

after a poor old pensioner was murdered here on anglesey a short while back with one.....very interesting legal case as the guy convicted had cut the victims sky lead to his dish and then waited in a bush across a field and shot him when the victim got on the roof with a ladder! only thing is the idiot didnt think his range rover ( which he burnt the next day) would have recorded his movements! then he said he was with mr x and mr x said no he wasnt with him.....so the suspect said...the reason mr x said he wasnt with him is because they were having a gay sexual encounter Shocked however the car also recorded which door was open and when...so when the suspect was asked why the car said only 1 door was opened near the shooting he said it was because he parked next to a wall so they both got out the same side.......next question was well then how come only the drivers door was opened when both of you got in? park close to the same side 15 miles away whilst picking him up to? and oddly the only other door opened near the victim was the boot? this and the fact only 3 of those crossbows and bolts had been sold in the uk and the other buyers could show and account for every bolt apart from the suspect made it a rather bad shit show....ending in the death of 1 person and the very long jail sentence for the other. end of the day, if you weld sprockets to output shafts, this is not the toy for you Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:56 - 07 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the moral of the above story don't buy a crossbow or don't use a Range Rover for nefarious deeds because they are grasses? Thinking

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 07 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
don't use a Range Rover for nefarious deeds because they are grasses? Thinking

Almost any modern vehicle and especially not any kind of rental. I'd bet even if you don't pip for the concierge service shite when buying, the hardware tracking the car and reading every single sensor via OBD will still be there. The hardware is smaller than a matchbox these days and costs peanuts.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 08 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I have some antique flintlock and percussion cap guns that I have fired (home made balls and black powder) and I'd rather have the big crossbow if I had to depend on it.
Stop it, I'm getting all nostalgic for my .44 Remington cap & balls I gave up during the handgun ban. Never owned a flint lock, fired one once though, would have probably been my next toy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:05 - 16 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just incase anyone fancys a dirt cheap toy to play with, preppers are selling a pistol crossbow for a tenner.

https://preppersshop.co.uk/ekmps/shops/preppersshop/images/anglo-arms-gecko-50lb-pistol-crossbow-kit-366-p.jpg

https://preppersshop.co.uk/anglo-arms-gecko-50lb-pistol-crossbow-kit-366-p.asp

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 16 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Anglo Arms Gecko 50lb pistol crossbow is an excellent budget crossbow ... It's ideal for women and children who are just discovering hunting and outdoor adventuring

Anglo Arms ... Based in the UK they have a big range that are basic, touch ([i]sic
) and do the job well[/i]"

I wonder why they say that, being "based in the UK" and hopefully knowing the law.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 307 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2