Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

"Minor Bump" thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:16 - 18 Jun 2020    Post subject: "Minor Bump" thread Reply with quote

Has been moved out of public view for the meantime due to containing specific details about an ongoing criminal prosecution. Its is still here if the OP needs to referr to it as a contemperaneous record.

Made this thread because I for one would be interested to hear how the OP is getting on, seems like he got dealt a shitty hand and I'm hoping the Scottish legal system doesn't let him down.

piazza wrote:

Just spoke to a lawyer, briefly, by phone. He says I won't need to attend in July he'll do it for me and plead not guilty. Then we wait for a date in Sep/Oct, apparently.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:46 - 18 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move. Thumbs Up I didn't disagree with the other comments in response to my suggestion in the original thread to redact, but you never know these days, best be on the safe side.

Good luck with everything piazza and let us know how you get on. Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:14 - 19 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:

Good luck with everything piazza and let us know how you get on. Thumbs Up

Seconded Thumbs Up

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:33 - 20 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, he was dealt a bad hand. It's getting complicated in the world today. Best of luck piazza

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:49 - 20 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming I'll see my lawyer before the 7th, I'll update then.

Thank's Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:55 - 20 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Definitely, he was dealt a bad hand. It's getting complicated in the world today. Best of luck piazza

There have always been arseholes, I believe there is a background 'number per-capita' for societies, t' Internet just sort of flushes them out of cover more often.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 12 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates? That you can tell us without prejudice of course.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:15 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! this just literally appeared for me as unread Thinking

I have a court date ; Intermediate diet 18th september and Trial diet; 19th October

I have no idea which to attend, I shall check my schedule and see whats free. I called the lawyer to question a few things and whatnot, but busy etc...''call me'' seems to be their key phrase and an indicator that tho you did just that you failed to get to ask a question. Typical of my experience with this profession.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:00 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't do it like they do in Hollywood.
Come around to your house with your defence team and set up a mock trial over a pot of coffee.

It'll be 20mins in the cloakroom of the high court to get some sort of story straight. 🤣

Also, I think they charge for letters but not sure about calls.
Perhaps the men of letters prefer to charge for all advice but via the quill.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:20 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye! I'm getting the feeling I'd be better standing there alone and getting called a liar then rinsed of whatever fine they deem appropriate.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 08:46 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Court tomorrow and I've still not soken to my lawyer. I called them last week and they told me we'd have a phone interview - they never called.

I called them and spoke to someone about my concerns -of which there are many. He listened intently and agreed there are a few things he's gonna check out. I did find out from him via a witness statement that I've been accused of assaulting both women now, this wasn't part of the original police charge as he confirmed 1 (one) person was allegedly assaulted. The other statement isnt even here/available yet.
The officer that came to my house never charged me correctly either! confirmed by lawyer/secretary dude I spoke to.
There are two seperate incident dates a month apart.
There seems to be two incidents as I apparently had words or whatever with her at the location of the incident and elsewhere? neither location is given exactly preferring to just name a street.

I've asked for police cameras to be examined as he would have checked damage on my car and its on the oposite side to the alleged
accident, also his attitude and not charging me correctly.
I'm probably gonna call them today and if they havent doen anything about my concerns I'll tell him to do one. I'm so sick of being treated like a third class citizen. The insurance still havent been back in touch either..Im guessing a broken mirror in a low epeed impact with no injuries or witnesses takes longer than I thought, huh.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:

I'm probably gonna call them today and if they havent doen anything about my concerns I'll tell him to do one.

Don't, unless you plan to replace them and try to get things delayed for a new legal team to prepare then don't. I'd rather stand there with mishandled representation that I can possibly use as basis of an appeal rather than none.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:59 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could play to your advantage. Court clerks HATE improperly followed procedure.

Incorrect dates, vague loci, improper charging procedures and failure to disclose in a timely fashion are all things that could all get the case booted out.

Particularly failure to disclose, if they are proposing to use a statement in the prosecution you and your legal team haven't had sight of prior to the case, it'll all fall down.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:05 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
Court tomorrow

Good luck my man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:20 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a nobhead and was so focused on the 18th I got the wrong month Embarassed

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 17 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've missed it?! Surprised

growler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:38 - 18 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:

no he hasn't his previous post said 18th SEPTEMBER so we have a month to wait Embarassed

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:16 - 18 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

growler wrote:
weasley wrote:

no he hasn't his previous post said 18th SEPTEMBER so we have a month to wait Embarassed

Where were you yesterday when I was freaking out Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 18 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the having it hanging over my head for months would freak me out as much as the actual court case. I hate being in a situation I do not have control over.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:11 - 18 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told Sept is just for me to say 'I didnt do it' then another month for the actual court. Youre right! it's a stress and a worry I can do without, however, Its gonna give us a chance to prove she's a lying sack of shit.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 18 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SUBSCRIBED]
Pass the popcorn

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:15 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass the popcorn

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 15 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
Pass the popcorn

OP hasn't posted since mid September, chances of delivery are slimmer than with Yodel.

piazza
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 09:17 - 16 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here til the end of time, or til Ste becomes mod!

Not much to tell. They asked for bank statements 6 weeks ago - I took them down next day. 2 weeks later get a letter saying they need more -not enough information. I took down 6 from this year the next day and they said they'd call me back - no call back.
Called them later that week and they said theyd call me back - no call back.
I knew I was getting shafted and here it is! I'm done with calling them. Its too late to do anything, and no one has even listened to me about anything, literally. Never even seen my lawyer, and every call is about legal aid, which I'm afraid Im not getting. Had a massive fight with insurance as thats still ongoing too! The insured was not driving it. It was a friend of the insured -named driver. Insurance, as far as I can tell don't even have her story. The sum total of their defence is 'No u' apparently.
Now I'm off to work
Brick Wall Brick Wall

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 16 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

piazza wrote:
I'm here til the end of time, or til Ste becomes mod!

Not much to tell. They asked for bank statements 6 weeks ago - I took them down next day. 2 weeks later get a letter saying they need more -not enough information. I took down 6 from this year the next day and they said they'd call me back - no call back.
Called them later that week and they said theyd call me back - no call back.
I knew I was getting shafted and here it is! I'm done with calling them. Its too late to do anything, and no one has even listened to me about anything, literally. Never even seen my lawyer, and every call is about legal aid, which I'm afraid Im not getting. Had a massive fight with insurance as thats still ongoing too! The insured was not driving it. It was a friend of the insured -named driver. Insurance, as far as I can tell don't even have her story. The sum total of their defence is 'No u' apparently.
Now I'm off to work
Brick Wall Brick Wall

Complaint to SRA? Switch solicitors?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 163 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2