Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

World Wide Web Teenage Strop.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:05 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: World Wide Web Teenage Strop. Reply with quote

How should the adults deal with the currnet supermarket aisle tantrum that the teen-eration is in the middle of?
Obviously grounding hasn't worked with this shower and withholding treats ain't going to stop the strop now.

Perhaps a real live War or Famine would sort them out.
They seem hell bent on revolt without fully realising the consequences which may bring about civil war/s.

Is that an over simplification?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:54 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have previously explained the same adult (boomer) generation took away all of the incentives so do the sort of stuff you are expecting. The answer is simple really, create these same incentives again for Millennials and Gen Z. High house prices, massive levels of student debt because the fees were tripled, no capital to start business combined with a fear of debt, deindustrialisation, and the damage from either 1 (Gen Z) or 2 (Millennials) economic depressions all combine to mean that there isn't really any point in playing the sensible game as they have lost before they start. So instead they can just go around virtue signalling about BLM or whatever. These factors all make them vulnerable to the propaganda of the communists and the extreme left.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b6/79/8b/b6798bcd4a97d480a9896a5b51f4f5ef.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:04 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b6/79/8b/b6798bcd4a97d480a9896a5b51f4f5ef.jpg

I would if the damn place was open. Evil or Very Mad

Poseidon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Yeah fair point. I have countered that by keeping a ready supply of ale in the house at all times.

Back on topic though... I reckon this'll all blow over eventually. It did in 2012 when they were rioting and looting over here because of police brutality in 'murica. They're all bored at the minute precisely because theres no pubs etc open, so the internet is the only outlet for them. Once the real world opens back up (assuming it does), it'll ease off.

Im-a-Ridah makes some very astute points!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Yeah fair point. I have countered that by keeping a ready supply of ale in the house at all times.

Back on topic though... I reckon this'll all blow over eventually. It did in 2012 when they were rioting and looting over here because of police brutality in 'murica. They're all bored at the minute precisely because theres no pubs etc open, so the internet is the only outlet for them. Once the real world opens back up (assuming it does), it'll ease off.

Im-a-Ridah makes some very astute points!

I may be missing something but the recent PoPo clips I've seen from Murica show the overwhelming 'patience' of Murican Law Enforcement.
Most the crime shown is that involving druggies, retards and alkies but equally Black and White.

Then its maybe the polis behaving coz they're on camera too.

The issue I have is that the idiots shouting are 100% not allowing any counter argument to be heard. That is narcissist/psychotic/spoiled-brat behaviour.

The backs of many legs need a good slap I think.

I don't believe it's as simplistic as Im-a-ridah makes out.
'Boomers' (Racist labeling Smile) did not remove the next gen's options. The Politicals they voted in made the changes.
Boomers were probably duped by the mumbo-jumbo-soup/'well meaning' rant of university educated Lefties of the time 70s/80s.

I have fuck all to base this on. Very Happy

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:14 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I may be missing something but the recent PoPo clips I've seen from Murica show the overwhelming 'patience' of Murican Law Enforcement.
Most the crime shown is that involving druggies, retards and alkies but equally Black and White.

The issue I have is that the idiots shouting are 100% not allowing any counter argument to be heard. That is narcissist/psychotic/spoiled-brat behaviour.

'Boomers' (Racist labeling Smile) did not remove the next gen's options. The Politicals they voted in made the changes.
Boomers were probably duped by the mumbo-jumbo-soup/'well meaning' rant of university educated Lefties of the time 70s/80s.

The Boomers generation were the ones who implemented the policies.

Boomer action: Ship a great many of the industrial and production jobs to China/India, also open up borders to mass immigration to massively increase competition for jobs in that sector that remain.
Result: Younger generations have little or no capital to buy houses or start families let alone invest in a business!

Boomer action: Buy house for £40,000, then add a zero to the price. Declare themselves rich as a result.
Result: Younger generations can't afford the houses. Boomers then say well I bought a house when I was 20, neglecting to mention that the depost younger gens need is more than what they paid!

The fact is to be a capitalist, you need to have capital. In the same way that communism leads to an equal share of nothing, capitalism leads to a 4% growth rate on 0, which is nothing.

There's more of course....
+ Boomers giving themselves massively inflated company pensions, not paying nearly enough into the pot to pay for it, then expecting younger gens to use their contributions to pay out these benefits while either getting no or tiny pension themselves
+ Boomers leaving a massive national debt and maxing out the state credit card so there isn't even any money left to invest for themselves. Atr the same time younger gens also have to pay off said debt. UK national debt is 100% of GDP!!!

In short boomers came along, climbed the ladder, lived lavish lives, then pulled up the ladder. Now they sit in an ivory tower and moan "oooh it weren't like this when I were a lad", and "why don't younger people do X, Y, Z, and if anyone blames me for it they aren't taking personal responsibility". That's right Jim, when I were their age I bought a house, car and had a well paying job, and my parents wanted me to have a better economic future than they did!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are creating a new world for themselves. The best punishment is to let them live in the world they are creating.

It occurs to me that Scotland would be a good place to put them all Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:51 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
As I have previously explained the same adult (boomer) generation took away all of the incentives so do the sort of stuff you are expecting. The answer is simple really, create these same incentives again for Millennials and Gen Z. High house prices, massive levels of student debt because the fees were tripled, no capital to start business combined with a fear of debt, deindustrialisation, and the damage from either 1 (Gen Z) or 2 (Millennials) economic depressions all combine to mean that there isn't really any point in playing the sensible game as they have lost before they start. So instead they can just go around virtue signalling about BLM or whatever. These factors all make them vulnerable to the propaganda of the communists and the extreme left.

You seem to have forgotten the far right in there. Thats where the no skill disaffected usually turn to.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

You seem to have forgotten the far right in there. Thats where the no skill disaffected usually turn to.

Hey! I'm unskilled disinfected, but I haven't gone far right! Mad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

From what I've seen the Far Right (i.e. anyone who doesn't bend the knee) tend to be your workers and the Far Left tend to be the non-job thinkers. I could live live without a columnist for the Guardian, wouldn't fair so well without a plumber.

Probably the case of "it'll all blow over" here and in Europe but the US situation looks grave. Knee-jerk "throw 'em under the bus" has had a massive demoralising effect on police forces across the country even before getting onto the defunding insanity. In the cities they're all taking early retirement, resigning, walking off the job or phoning in sick - the "Blue Flu."

Now it's at the stage of pulling down all statues - seemingly without consequence - the BLM mask has slipped from the Marxist Revolutionaries. It'll take a massacre to sober everyone up at this point Sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to suggest that part of the answer may be to allow no more billionaires. That's not to say people can't get wealthy, afford nice things, nice homes for their families. But who really needs that much personal wealth?
That kind of figure should be the preserve of governments. And yes, we need to reform our systems of government, but without the patronage of the extremely wealthy, that might be easier to achieve.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I would like to suggest that part of the answer may be to allow no more billionaires. That's not to say people can't get wealthy, afford nice things, nice homes for their families. But who really needs that much personal wealth?
That kind of figure should be the preserve of governments. And yes, we need to reform our systems of government, but without the patronage of the extremely wealthy, that might be easier to achieve.

You can have billionaires move abroad and invest in someone else's country.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

You can have billionaires move abroad and invest in someone else's country.

Yeah, the global aspect is problematic Laughing

Thinking

We could hunt them down and shoot them? Very Happy

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, where did youth get this idea that they're wise? Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:39 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billionaires don't bother me that much if I don't know about them. 🤣
Moviestars and professional sportpersons I am more intolerant of.

Guardian Ffth Columnist should be defunded too.

And moving all the nasties to Scotland would be racist.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Billionaires don't bother me that much if I don't know about them. 🤣

You know about them from their influence on government policies.

Quote:
And moving all the nasties to Scotland would be racist.

Au contraire my dear chap, it would make Scotland the most inclusive place in the world.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
MCN wrote:

The Boomers generation were the ones who implemented the policies.

Boomer action: Ship a great many of the industrial and production jobs to China/India, also open up borders to mass immigration to massively increase competition for jobs in that sector that remain.
Result: Younger generations have little or no capital to buy houses or start families let alone invest in a business!

Boomer action: Buy house for £40,000, then add a zero to the price. Declare themselves rich as a result.
Result: Younger generations can't afford the houses. Boomers then say well I bought a house when I was 20, neglecting to mention that the depost younger gens need is more than what they paid!

The fact is to be a capitalist, you need to have capital. In the same way that communism leads to an equal share of nothing, capitalism leads to a 4% growth rate on 0, which is nothing.

There's more of course....
+ Boomers giving themselves massively inflated company pensions, not paying nearly enough into the pot to pay for it, then expecting younger gens to use their contributions to pay out these benefits while either getting no or tiny pension themselves
+ Boomers leaving a massive national debt and maxing out the state credit card so there isn't even any money left to invest for themselves. Atr the same time younger gens also have to pay off said debt. UK national debt is 100% of GDP!!!

In short boomers came along, climbed the ladder, lived lavish lives, then pulled up the ladder. Now they sit in an ivory tower and moan "oooh it weren't like this when I were a lad", and "why don't younger people do X, Y, Z, and if anyone blames me for it they aren't taking personal responsibility". That's right Jim, when I were their age I bought a house, car and had a well paying job, and my parents wanted me to have a better economic future than they did!

Some wild reasoning there. 🤣

It's the loss of national industries paying into the pot that stripped the pot.
Reduced corporate duties, increased foreign imports and investment from foreign entities who do not pay back to the nation.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:44 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Re: World Wide Web Teenage Strop. Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
How should the adults deal with the currnet supermarket aisle tantrum that the teen-eration is in the middle of?
Obviously grounding hasn't worked with this shower and withholding treats ain't going to stop the strop?

Give them a hiding so bad they can’t stand up and it hurts if they sit down.
They’ll be less minded to throw thier toys out of the pram a second time .

Self entitled little pricks....... fugking hurt em! Allegedly Thumbs Up

Do you get the impression you’ve touched a nerve here Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Anyway, where did youth get this idea that they're wise? Laughing

From their Communist College Tutors.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the first house I bought in 2004 had just doubled in price in the previous 18 months.

Boomer argument (my parents) was 'But look at the stable, low interest rates. You're so lucky! Back in the 80's/90's it went up to 15%'

I'm not going to bother doing the maths here, but a 5% change on a £200,000 house is a lot shitter than a 15% change on a £25,000 house.

No wonder the interest rates are so low nowadays, they're forced there by the house prices. If they went up significantly, half the country would be evicted.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:15 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
These factors all make them vulnerable to the propaganda of the communists and the extreme left.

Not really. The amount of absolute thickos among millennials and gen Z who spread their arse cheeks open wide for every last bit of alt-right hysterical and/or pseudo intellectual propaganda nonsense is testament enough to that.

You're only showing yourself up as part of the hysterical mob who think that anything and everything that questions the status quo, or is disgruntled in some way, is probably a bit left wing. Of course however if it's Brexit mobs or statue defenders there won't be any cries of them being left wing, even though their sense of abandonment is borne of pretty much all the same things you listed for the apparently susceptible lefties.

Edit: Should probably add that I entirely agree with your analysis of what the boomer generation left for us. To say it's causing stirrings of communist thought, however, is absurd, given that there has been an obvious and huge rise in the popularity of right wing politics since 2008.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:34 - 21 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
left wing...right wing

If only it were all that simple.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:06 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should let the left and the right continue protesting as much as they want and leave COVID-19 to sort out the mess.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:28 - 22 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Yeah the first house I bought in 2004 had just doubled in price in the previous 18 months.

Boomer argument (my parents) was 'But look at the stable, low interest rates. You're so lucky! Back in the 80's/90's it went up to 15%'

I'm not going to bother doing the maths here, but a 5% change on a £200,000 house is a lot shitter than a 15% change on a £25,000 house.

No wonder the interest rates are so low nowadays, they're forced there by the house prices. If they went up significantly, half the country would be evicted.

They absolutely are! It's also why I think we might be better off with the state building loads of 1 bed flats and renting them to millennials/gen Z at massively below market rates. This way it allows us to create massive capacity without putting those properties on the market which otherwise would lower prices. I'm sympathetic to the "lower house prices" argument to cut them by 50%+ but that will bring an epic subprime crisis with it which does even worse damage. At least those state held properties would be "out of the market". The only people who would get screwed badly by this are buy-to-let landlords. The added bonus of small 1 beds is that as younger people move out of them we can repurpose them for disadvantaged older people. It's extremely socialist but it's not as if there are a lot of good options available.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3