Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I'm in serious trouble and I'm really worried

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:15 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: I'm in serious trouble and I'm really worried Reply with quote

Just gone past a speeding camera doing 38 on a bike that is SORN and uninsured, I know I've been a complete fool but I'd like to tell my story.

I'm 19 years old and in May I bought myself a 400cc, A2 compliant for when I pass my A2 license. I was proud I bought this using my own money from working and couldn't wait to crack on with my test. Obviously COVID19 happened and tests where canceled and I never got to do mine.

I can't say I live a happy life and I was further saddened by the situation with my bike. Occasionally I'd be very cheeky and go up and down the road on my bike, I felt relieved and forgot about some of my problems for a bit. Eventually this turned into addiction, I'd sneak out late at night and ride reckless to feel better. This has gone on for months without getting caught and I don't think twice before riding.

Tonight this has come to a head, I've just been slapped with reality. I tripped a camera just tonight and I know the police have all the details they need. I'm sitting in my room wanting to cry like a baby, I've already got 3 points for speeding in my car. I'm so shocked and terrified of how this is going to unfold, I've just looked up the penalties and I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. Some of my friends haven't even started going to university yet and I'll be going to court almost certainly.

I don't know what kind of advice anyone would be able to lend but I just need to communicate this, I never felt so shit before. I'm dreading what will come through the letterbox and fear for my future career prospects. All I can pray for is a faulty camera or some crazy stroke of luck to see this through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:20 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you did it. You know you did it. You might not get a ban, if you are lucky, but it is likely to be fairly expensive I would think. You will have to deal with it over the next 3 years approx., mostly at the beginning of that time.

This is of course just a guess. I would not be inclined to do such things again IIWY, regardless of the outcome.

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 07:47 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it on the chin and treat it as an extra lesson that you have learned, no point speculating on what might happen just deal with it when the time comes Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:54 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something of the same or a similar nature will likely have happened to many of us here ...

... And we're still here, aren't we.
Its not life threatening
Its a major pain in the arse.
Welcome to the wonderful world of taking responsibility for your actions.
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:36 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worrying never fixed a damn thing.

Was it roadworks? Was it a Gatso? If it was a Gatso and not in roadworks I recall reading that 80% of them either have no film or the film was full. If it was roadworks you have a high chance of a ticket.

In any case the NIP has to be sent to arrive at the registered keeper's address within 14 days. If it doesn't, it's not enforcible.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always a chance it wasn't working, loaded or whatever as Pete says.

I once drove through a 50mph roadworks for 20 miles on the M1 with average speed cameras at 70mph. It was a quiet Saturday morning and I had a mental aberration. I just didn't register it till wifey, after about 15 miles, asked my why we were speeding. Brick Wall

I was on tenterhooks for 2 weeks but nothing came through. You might be lucky as well. Thumbs Up

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:13 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your responses folks. I'm a bit less worried now, I don't think I'll be wishing on a star but it's nice to know I might be off the hook. As for the future it's right I take responsibility. If enough days pass without a response, I'm committed to selling my bike and going back onto a 125
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:24 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't all the cameras digital these days?

I know a lot of them are but I don't know if there are any ones that use film still kicking around somewhere.

Regardless, I wouldn't be expecting the other offences to come to light.

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:38 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went past one of these, it doesn't look very friendly. This is the exact camera I went past, I checked on google maps.
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:03 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it down to a life lesson.

At least you're not going to jail to enjoy a bit of aggresive bum sex.

I doubt anyone on this forum has any room to criticise, we've all done daft stuff.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 10:11 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 points for no insurance and suitable fine fornsorn.

Minor in the grand scheme of things.

Last time I was up in front of the beak is was looking at an instaban, with associated wallet rape.

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is I'll be down for no license as well I think because I'm still on my cbt, yes I'm the registered keeper and the camera did flash.

If anyone wants to be the registered keeper and have a free NC29 let me know Laughing

Last edited by Ice Burger on 14:17 - 20 Jul 2020; edited 1 time in total

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice Burger wrote:
Problem is I'll be down for no license as well I think because I'm still on my cbt, yes I'm the registered keeper and the camera did flash.

If anyone wants to be the registered keeper and have a free NC29, let me know. I'll take the financial loss instead, there's probably enough time before this is all processed.

That's called attempting to pervert the course of justice and is a whole other ball game.

You've fucked up, learn from it, deal with it and don't do it again, even if you get away with it on this occasion. You talk about going out for reckless night rides, with little experience and no insurance whilst your head is in a bad place. You need to consider the potential implications of that for others as well as the potential legal ramifications. We've all done daft things but at least you realise this.

Even if you have been caught, it's not the end of the world.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: I'm in serious trouble and I'm really worried Reply with quote

Ice Burger wrote:
Just gone past a speeding camera doing 38 on a bike that is SORN and uninsured, I know I've been a complete fool but I'd like to tell my story.

I'm 19 years old and in May I bought myself a 400cc, A2 compliant for when I pass my A2 license. I was proud I bought this using my own money from working and couldn't wait to crack on with my test. Obviously COVID19 happened and tests where canceled and I never got to do mine.

I can't say I live a happy life and I was further saddened by the situation with my bike. Occasionally I'd be very cheeky and go up and down the road on my bike, I felt relieved and forgot about some of my problems for a bit. Eventually this turned into addiction, I'd sneak out late at night and ride reckless to feel better. This has gone on for months without getting caught and I don't think twice before riding.

Tonight this has come to a head, I've just been slapped with reality. I tripped a camera just tonight and I know the police have all the details they need. I'm sitting in my room wanting to cry like a baby, I've already got 3 points for speeding in my car. I'm so shocked and terrified of how this is going to unfold, I've just looked up the penalties and I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. Some of my friends haven't even started going to university yet and I'll be going to court almost certainly.

I don't know what kind of advice anyone would be able to lend but I just need to communicate this, I never felt so shit before. I'm dreading what will come through the letterbox and fear for my future career prospects. All I can pray for is a faulty camera or some crazy stroke of luck to see this through.

Poor obs, could have been a child waiting to run into the road Laughing

38 indicated on an old mechanical speedo is likely under 34, just outside the 10% no shits given rule.
ANPR cameras, I believe, are far more common than the bright yellow boxes, so the uninsured problem is likely already happened. They do read on here. The speeding wont interest them but the persistant riding uninsured might.

Report it as stolen, dump bike in a nearby field and nothing will happen Pass the popcorn

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:58 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought speed cameras were automated.

If speed over 34mph then issue speeding fine. I didn’t think it went into details.

Or are they more advanced now?
MilfHunter This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the automatic revenue safety cameras even forward stuff to the actual police for the sorn/insurance?

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice Burger wrote:
I went past one of these, it doesn't look very friendly. This is the exact camera I went past, I checked on google maps.

Speedcurb? According to this page no film but manually processed. Let's hope that covid is your friend and they are not staffing the processing centre.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: I'm in serious trouble and I'm really worried Reply with quote

kramdra wrote:

Poor obs, could have been a child waiting to run into the road Laughing

38 indicated on an old mechanical speedo is likely under 34, just outside the 10% no shits given rule.
ANPR cameras, I believe, are far more common than the bright yellow boxes, so the uninsured problem is likely already happened. They do read on here. The speeding wont interest them but the persistant riding uninsured might.

Report it as stolen, dump bike in a nearby field and nothing will happen Pass the popcorn

I had this idea too, but I think it's time I go legit. I'm not going to get myself into anymore bs.

The camera I went past certainly looks like a speedcurb yes. Seem pretty sophisticated so I'm expecting it to work in the police's favour Sad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:49 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice Burger wrote:

If anyone wants to be the registered keeper and have a free NC29, let me know. I'll take the financial loss instead, there's probably enough time before this is all processed.

No fucking chance. You did the crime, time to bend over and take the pain.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
time to bend over and take the pain.

Easy for you to say - you enjoy that kind of thing Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Ice Burger
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

just taxed my bike now, one less thing to be caught up on. takes unto 5 days for the tax to show, so its a race against paper pushers who can file faster.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:30 - 19 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice Burger wrote:
just taxed my bike now, one less thing to be caught up on. takes unto 5 days for the tax to show, so its a race against paper pushers who can file faster.

Don't see how that would help. They'll know the date of the offence, and they'll know the date you applied for tax, if they cared to look into it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 253 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4