BCF: Bike Chat Forums

134 in a 70

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:32 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/024/953/6a00c2251d19928e1d00e398cfebfc0004.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:07 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

From personal experience you do get a reduction in penalty for early pleas.in my case (90 in a 50) I had to go to court to be banned but because I'd coughed for it immediately and didnt try to give them a load of bollocks instead of the 4 to 6 week ban I should of got I got 6 points.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced wrote:
Lol if you are as quick as you claim why not be a real man and start racing? I have zero tolerance for that sort of riding on the public road in all honesty, it’s not the mid 90’s anymore - being a twat on the road is socially unacceptable and utterly pointless when track time is so easily available. Personally I hope you get fined so heavily you starve to death - copper dun goofed not writing that up as DD.

Make him conform! Haul him off to the gulag! Torture him! Execute him! Laughing

Can I have your GSXR1100? Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:56 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for them to scour this thread and your previous postings about speeding and wheelies. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I'm waiting for them to scour this thread and your previous postings about speeding and wheelies. Laughing

All done on private land, obviously. Just this one slip.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

spottedtango
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:05 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

That’s one hell of a runway you’ve got.

Me personally I’ve never broke then law and I always buy my cars in beige.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

spottedtango wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

That’s one hell of a runway you’ve got.

It's not mine, it belongs to a friend of a friend... Wink

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 14:59 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh all of this has made me consider growing up a little. I'm 27 in November and all I've done is chase adrenaline and piss my money away on bikes. If I get a big boy ban say over 6 months and it fucks my insurance completely or demand I re-test, I'll probably quit the bike life for a good 5 years and sort my fucking life out.

Might as well start saving for a house while I'm at it. Better late than never.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:

Whether you save for a house or whatever, (Mr Self-Righteous speaking) you should save 10% of your wages, monthly, in a low-cost investment vehicle such as BMO's F&C Investment Trust (possibly ISA'd), annual charge £60 + VAT, dealing charge 0.2% (on sales and purchases), stamp duty 0.5% applies on purchases of UK shares only. Now is probably as good a time as any.

Crikey. Is there a BCF Investments forum?

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 16:46 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Whether you save for a house or whatever, (Mr Self-Righteous speaking) you should save 10% of your wages, monthly, in a low-cost investment vehicle such as BMO's F&C Investment Trust (possibly ISA'd), annual charge £60 + VAT, dealing charge 0.2% (on sales and purchases), stamp duty 0.5% applies on purchases of UK shares only. Now is probably as good a time as any.

I wish I grew up knowing how to handle money. I grew up in debt and then when I got a career and started earning, all I've done is piss it away on stupid things like a flash bike.

I need to sort my life out tbh. This is like a wakeup call lol.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

I wish I grew up knowing how to handle money. I grew up in debt and then when I got a career and started earning, all I've done is piss it away on stupid things like a flash bike.

I need to sort my life out tbh. This is like a wakeup call lol.

The words above have been, for me, good, and I do recommend them. You can DIY online. "Choose wisely, Grasshopper, for if you are saving something, then you are not splending it and will you have it to use in the future".

Edit: If you fail in this task, all you will have left is wet feet and depreciating motorcycle eating money.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:18 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: 134 in a 70 Reply with quote

Meef wrote:
My only concern is, what if it isn't just a 56 day ban? What if the court throws the book at me? Can they do this & would they/is it likely?

120 in a 70, part of it on the back wheel. I had a SP60 (Likely what you have), and a DD40 (If, and it's a big if, the copper is true to his word, you won't have). I got handed a 3 year ban, complete license revocation, resit test, I no longer have a car license etc.

Wait until you see what the NIP/Summons says. I can't see any way you're not ending up in front of a beak to be honest.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
...all you will have left is wet feet and depreciating motorcycle eating money.

Whereas if you save endlessly for all your life you’ll be able to buy the biggest gravestone in the field. You’ll still be dead, but you won’t have had a quality of life, you’ll just get pleasure from watching a bank balance swell.
May I suggest this, like life, is a compromise?

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: 134 in a 70 Reply with quote

[quote="ThatDippyTwat"]
Meef wrote:
....If, and it's a big if, the copper is true to his word, you won’t have....

I believe the police are known to play down the likelihood of a huge punishment for motoring misdemeanours when at the roadside, probably to prevent a situation escalating there...

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The words above have been, for me, good, and I do recommend them. You can DIY online. "Choose wisely, Grasshopper, for if you are saving something, then you are not splending it and will you have it to use in the future".

This is the best advice probably ever. https://youtu.be/_62Jq4E8iRY

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all make mistakes mate, I'm in no position to comment.

My advice in one word is REMORSE. Turn up to court in your best suit and really put that word across. With me I wrote a letter to the court which I delivered to the usher and also read out in there. Say things like I'm just glad no one else was involved.

It worked for me in that I got the most lenient sentence but it was true really, I did feel a lot of remorse.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
We all make mistakes mate

Yeah, he definitely didn't mean to be doing 134... hand slipped on the throttle your honour, honest Laughing

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 23:11 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to justify it. It was deliberate. I hit 134 cause I wanted to go fast for a few seconds on a lovely clear day. Not making any excuses. However, it isn't just black and white and I took a calculated risk as opposed to it being a purely reckless act that endangered everyone and their kittens.

There were no cars present, I didn't put anyone else except myself in potential danger, because nobody else was involved. The bike is a new modern bike that is capable of far higher speeds and is built to handle for speed, it isn't a rickety clapped out un-roadworthy banger with a dodgy MOT. It was a clear dry day with good visibility. Two lane dual carriageway. Dead straight, went on for miles and you could see the rest of it. I hit 134 very quickly, and then immediately rolled off and slowed back down to about 65 after a second or two. Wasn't approaching anything like a junction or roundabout at the time.

I know none of these actual facts matter. The detail, nuance, and context does not matter to the courts. The number is what matters. You are immediately dangerous if you break the posted limit regardless of any facts. Trying to offer some context is considered arrogant because you cannot justify going over the limit for funsies.

It's not like I went that speed for miles and was weaving about playing dodge-ems through cars on a damp windy day.

Officer even said what I did wasn't actually a dangerous act and "If I had a bike like that I'd probably have done the same thing on a day and on roads like this".

Then went on to tell me that there are a couple roads around there (even named a specific one) where people can max out their bikes and cars. Said he was a firearms officer for the last 10 years and that he's seen it all and isn't going to bullshit me with how it's dangerous when it wasn't. He also loved the bike and saw the trackday stickers/commented on the fact that if I'm doing trackdays then I'm probably familiar with higher speeds anyway.

Regardless, I'll just have to suck it up and show remorse in my best suit.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably ought to just shut up about it now Laughing
I have done worse. Not going to tell all you lot about it. Well, some of it I have. Not all though.

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 23:27 - 20 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
You probably ought to just shut up about it now Laughing
I have done worse. Not going to tell all you lot about it. Well, some of it I have. Not all though.

Yeah tbh I need to stop now. Just processing these thoughts out loud at this stage. No need for it. FUck it.

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:52 - 21 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Long story short, pulled for 134 in a 70 on a dual carriageway.

Meef wrote:
It was a clear dry day with good visibility. Two lane dual carriageway. Dead straight, went on for miles and you could see the rest of it.
I hit 134 very quickly, and then immediately rolled off and slowed back down to about 65 after a second or two

Yet you failed to notice the police.. Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

notbike
Formerly known as
notabikeranymore

PostPosted: 13:09 - 21 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
Yet you failed to notice the police.. Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

LOL Fair point, however he was hiding in a bush on the opposite side of the dual carriageway, and then radioed it in to his colleagues waiting in a lay-by up ahead. All my attention was on looking where I was going!

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 13:46 - 21 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Meef wrote:

Whether you save for a house or whatever, (Mr Self-Righteous speaking) you should save 10% of your wages, monthly, in a low-cost investment vehicle

Meef is 27. I'm assuming that Reijufixing is over 40.

It is worth mentioning that for people who are ~35 and under, saving is difficult and shows little positives.

Let's say you are 35 and have a degree. That means you entered the workforce right before the financial crash, fucking up your first ~10 years of your career. Interest rates during your working life have been negligible, whilst housing costs have skyrocketed. So those compounds interest gains are miserly.
There is a higher return in anything linked to the stock market, but those can go up as well as down. We have seen one big recession that never really covered, and are now at the start of another one.

So the options are to put it in an ISA making 1 or 2%, or gamble it on something linked to the stock market, which we have seen collapse twice. This does not create a generation of good little savers. It persuades you to enjoy it while you have it, or to buy things that can be sold after you've enjoyed them a bit (like bikes).

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 21 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
It is worth mentioning that for people who are ~35 and under, saving is difficult and shows little positives

In fact that's when the effects of saving are at their highest and most worthwhile.

I really cannot be bothered with the rest of this - pfffffffft! - especially the *stuff* about the "stock market". Dear God above. Pension funds are a form of saving. You start early in them, do you not. When you start to earn money. They are safe investors, aren't they. Where do they put their money, do they put it in a 0.5% Barclays cash ISA, or in the stock market?

Where is your 35-year-old going to put his money? Into someone else's bank account, paying off a mortgage which he could have spent the last 10 years saving 10% of his wages for in a broad-based investment vehicle, but did not.

Start an "investing" thread, if you like.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 21 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meef wrote:

I know none of these actual facts matter. The detail, nuance, and context does not matter to the courts. The number is what matters. You are immediately dangerous if you break the posted limit regardless of any facts. Trying to offer some context is considered arrogant because you cannot justify going over the limit for funsies.

It's not like I went that speed for miles and was weaving about playing dodge-ems through cars on a damp windy day.

Officer even said what I did wasn't actually a dangerous act and "If I had a bike like that I'd probably have done the same thing on a day and on roads like this".

None of these facts matter to the court but they do matter to a copper, the time for this is at the roadside.

Last edited by kramdra on 20:04 - 21 Jul 2020; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 279 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3