Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I just caught the end of some committee hearing with the US Attorney General. I really have no idea who he is or what he does but sounds important! Anyhoo, some bitch was shouting loudly at him that his agents were maiming "Peaceful Protesters." He started to reply about the handling of "Rioters" and only the word triggered describes subsequent behaviour.

I don't think it's a good idea to have all of politics laid out on live TV - this side of the pond or the other - as it just turns into a shouting competition. Makes our own PMQs look very civilised Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are apparently "mostly peaceful protestors". But occasionally they might throw a firework or bottle at someone, or break into and loot a shop, or assault someone. But mostly they don't.

If you looked at a breakdown of the waking hours of the Kray Twins, you'd probably find they were mostly peaceful. Of course, their peacefulness intensified when they shot or stabbed someone Laughing

Is the US really going to let the lunatics run the asylum? Shocked
Oh wait, one already does Laughing

Like I said, fecked any way you look at it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:19 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The calibre of any politician around the world in the last 20 years has been dire.

Despite the black love Obama wasa pants president.

We haven't had a good prime minister since............who?
Thatcher? Churchill? God, cant remember a good one in my lifetime other than Thatcher. Yes bitch, many faults but at least she ws a leader.

America? The best was a poor actor.

Lets invite Putin to takeover. Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 28 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Lets invite Putin to takeover. Thumbs Up

How about the EU?

I'll get my coat Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you develop a state where the primary ethic is one of competitive aggressive persuit of individual self interest then what do you expect. F%&k 'Murica, the place is a rotten attention sink of an empire of s#it and we need to stop paying so much attention to this obese spoilt bastard child of Europe.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:45 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
If you develop a state where the primary ethic is one of competitive aggressive persuit of individual self interest then what do you expect. F%&k 'Murica, the place is a rotten attention sink of an empire of s#it and we need to stop paying so much attention to this obese spoilt bastard child of Europe.

The more I hear the more this seems like some sort of prophecy:

Quote:
So I read that the United States is so deperate for medical supplies, that they have allegedly sent several containers filled with wheat and tobacco. A gesture, they said of good will. You wanna know what I think?

You're listening to my show, so I will assume you do. I think it's high time to let the colonies know what we really think of them and the plague-infested crap they're crying to bugger into this country.

I say it is payback time for a little tea party they thew for us a few hundred years ago. I say we go down to those docks tonight and dump that shit where everything from the Ulcered Sphincter of Asserica belongs! Who's with me? Who's bloody with me?!!

Did you like that? USA? The Ulcered Sphincter of Asserica? I mean, what else can you say? Here was a country that had everything, absolutely everything, and now twenty years later, is what? The world's biggest leper colony. Why? Godlessness. Let me say that again. Godlessness. It wasn't the war that they started It was ADZ. It was Judgment.

No one escapes their past. No one escapes judgment. You think He is not watching over this country? How else can you explain how we came through? He tested us but we came through. We made the hard choices.

We did what we had to do. Isslington. Enfield. I was there. I saw it all. Immigrants. Muslims. Homosexuals. Terrorists. Disease-ridden degenerates. They had to go! Strength through Purity, Purity through Faith! I am a God-fearing English-man and I am God-damned proud of it!

Shocked

Last edited by Easy-X on 21:47 - 29 Jul 2020; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Does not fit narrative, does not compute!

Oops

Thinking about it now...this is a good thing. Let's get all the extremists from the left and right in one place and just let them duke it out, no rules.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The more I hear the more this seems like some sort of prophecy:

Quote:
So I read that the United States is so deperate for medical supplies, that they have allegedly sent several containers filled with wheat and tobacco. A gesture, they said of good will. You wanna know what I think?

You're listening to my show, so I will assume you do. I think it's high time to let the colonies know what we really think of them and the plague-infested crap they're crying to bugger into this country.

I say it is payback time for a little tea party they thew for us a few hundred years ago. I say we go down to those docks tonight and dump that shit where everything from the Ulcered Sphincter of Asserica belongs! Who's with me? Who's bloody with me?!!

Did you like that? USA? The Ulcered Sphincter of Asserica? I mean, what else can you say? Here was a country that had everything, absolutely everything, and now twenty years later, is what? The world's biggest leper colony. Why? Godlessness. Let me say that again. Godlessness. It wasn't the war that they started It was ADZ. It was Judgment.

No one escapes their past. No one escapes judgment. You think He is not watching over this country? How else can you explain how we came through? He tested us but we came through. We made the hard choices.

We did what we had to do. Isslington. Enfield. I was there. I saw it all. Immigrants. Muslims. Homosexuals. Terrorists. Disease-ridden degenerates. They had to go! Strength through Purity, Purity through Faith! I am a God-fearing English-man and I am God-damned proud of it!

Shocked

Who's that then?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:11 - 29 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some say that he lost a fortune betting on red because he refused to bet on black and that he once denounced his mother for using black nail polish.

It's not mdp, its mdp's american cousin

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 30 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Who's that then?

A political commentator in the film "V for Vendetta."

The background story is very prescient: a deadly man-made virus is let loose on the world. While the US slips into chaos UK politics takes a lurch to the Right. You'd have to watch the film as much more would be spoilers.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 31 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think we should be looking at how we can take advantage of 'Murica problems. There must be plenty of opportunity there, look at the place, they have a loon for a president, the worst educated population in the developed world, a frankly communist style command economy based around its military, its own workers taxed by their oligarch employers/owners, sod all healthcare and population on deathwish diets and now mega-lurgy.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 31 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I do think we should be looking at how we can take advantage of 'Murica problems. There must be plenty of opportunity there, look at the place, they have a loon for a president, the worst educated population in the developed world, a frankly communist style command economy based around its military, its own workers taxed by their oligarch employers/owners, sod all healthcare and population on deathwish diets and now mega-lurgy.

Some sort of hydroxychloroquine pyramid scheme... no wait, I think they already have that. It's headed up by some ginger haired twat Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 01 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to have calmed down a bit in Portland. Less explosives and more book and flag burnings.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:36 - 02 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otoh, I hear they have actually moved to abolish the police in Seattle. Surely this won't get through?

What I want to know, is how they're going to go about reversing and repairing the damage done in their educational establishments. Surely government needs to step in and take a hand here? Otherwise, how is all this madness ever going to be eradicated, if they're still breeding it in these places? Seems to me there are two pandemics in America, each equally as dangerous.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:25 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Covid affects mostly older people but Getting Woke is more dangerous for youngsters. Apologies for the link but it's quite amusing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8583487/Thats-grandson-Trump-supporting-gran-outs-suspect-threw-explosive-Portland-courthouse.html

Daily Fail wrote:
'That's my grandson': Trump-supporting grandmother outs 18-year-old as suspect who threw explosive at Portland courthouse after recognizing [sic] vest she bought to protect him from rubber bullets

The whole point of "defund the police" is so the insurgents can shake down individuals for "donations" and businesses for "diversity quotas" without interference. The side-effect of major criminality is just a handy bonus.

What would be sensible in 'murica is to train up a force of police-lite: unarmed* but better trained in de-escalation tactics. Even training for the existing cops would be of help. But it's hard to get the kids behind a sensible protest...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohc12kVQyyYvWHdCM/giphy.gif

*i.e. just tazers, pepper spray, rubber bullets etc. but no hot-lead injectors.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

What would be sensible in 'murica is to train up a force of police-lite: unarmed* but better trained in de-escalation tactics. Even training for the existing cops would be of help.

I think Jocko Willink has a good point about police training needing to be a constant thing throughout an officer's career, up to 20% of their time being allocated for such. To achieve this, what you need is actually much more funding for police, not less.

Again, kids wouldn't get anywhere with these ludicrous ideas if it wasn't for the fact that adults in responsible positions also fall for it. That to me is the real worry. That a local administration would even consider a defund the police idea seems mad to me, and I'm sure to most sane individuals. That certain cities in the US decide not to police the streets anymore. That's not kids making those decisions.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 10 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightly riots still going on in Seattle and Portland and now from Chicago some random looting:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/10/us/chicago-crowds-police-looting/index.html

When even CNN can't bring themselves to chant "peaceful protesters" you know it's bad Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 19 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Portland is the first city to fall:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/police-declare-riot-portland-amid-ongoing-protests-72463294

Nothing remarkable about another government building burning but the insurgents now have a free hand in the city: no local or state police, district attorneys refuse to charge anyone anyway for fear of reprisals and complete capitulation by local politicians.

Short of Trump sending in the army only a citizens' uprising can save the city now Sad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 30 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the mayor of Portland's own condo under insurgent attack the citizens' uprising has begun, one dead so far:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-protest-fatal-shooting/index.html

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 30 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
With the mayor of Portland's own condo under insurgent attack the citizens' uprising has begun, one dead so far:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-protest-fatal-shooting/index.html

Interesting that the police are keeping quiet on who they think shot him. I did see some pics of him being restrained by several cops earlier in the protest (no indication of how much earlier). Doesn't give great optics if it turns out that 'Mr. right-wing white' who loves the police gets shot by them.
https://apnews.com/6706c916dc6a156b9847baca437a91de

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:37 - 30 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to trivalise things with a Clarkson style "let's not get bogged down with oooo shot oooo" but the details are going to be argued about from now till the end of time.

What cannot be argued is that people have been shot and people have died because politicians are more interested in elections than their electorate's safety.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 30 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I hate to trivalise things with a Clarkson style "let's not get bogged down with oooo shot oooo" but the details are going to be argued about from now till the end of time.

What cannot be argued is that people have been shot and people have died because politicians are more interested in elections than their electorate's safety.

Argued about until pictures come out...

As for politicians, when was it not that way for the majority of them?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 30 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere, but can't find it again, that more people have died under the hands of BLM in these peaceful protests than have died by the hands of the Police or the Patriots since the initial death of the drug taking violent criminal that started all this.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:25 - 31 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was browsing some maps of so-called "2nd amendment sanctuary counties" thinking, if shit goes down these places will be very interesting when the insurgency rolls into town Twisted Evil

Anyhoo, there's some reflection with the political map - blue vs. red states - and it's pretty much the same as here in the UK. The Left hold sway in the cities and the Right out in the sticks.

So are the conflicting ideologies products of their respective environments or just that shouty ppl gravitate towards cities and those quieter and more introspective escape to the country?

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:00 - 01 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
I read somewhere, but can't find it again, that more people have died under the hands of BLM in these peaceful protests than have died by the hands of the Police or the Patriots since the initial death of the drug taking violent criminal that started all this.

Seems unlikely.
The linky has a diagram of police shootings since 2017, 2020 is the red line. Therefore, ignoring the last five days in May, gives us 216 for Jun, July and August.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/585159/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-month/#statisticContainer

I think the numbers killed in protests since May are listed somewhere around 30 and include right wing, left wing, property owners protecting themselves and 'wrong place, wrong time' (eg. killed by muggers when picking up protestor son) deaths.

Give it time though. All hell is bound to break loose sometime if the protest and anti-protest clashes start featuring heavily tooled up goons on both sides.

If you want a laff check out the gun owners protesting that they aren't your typical NRA gun toting nutter - they're doing this by posting pictures of themselves pointing a loaded gun at their knackers while fingering the trigger, which hasn't gone too well for at least one chap... Laughing

EDIT: Knock yourself out... Laughing Laughing Laughing
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/y3zeew/gun-enthusiasts-celebrate-man-who-shot-himself-in-the-balls-as-their-king
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5