Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:17 - 01 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Queen now, surely? I take it the ammo shortage isn't as bad as the media make out.

I only need to see someone cutting towards themselves with a knife to wince. And don't get me started on power tools with the guards intentionally removed Shocked

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 01 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else sing the title to this thread along to, "electric avenue", when they read it?

Civil War 2,
Electric Boogaloo,
Throw Trump in a fire!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 01 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

Throw Trump in a fire!

I hope he gets another term. I like watching snowflakes melt Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:53 - 01 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Anyone else sing the title to this thread along to, "electric avenue", when they read it?

Civil War 2,
Electric Boogaloo,
Throw Trump in a fire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrFeAz29mfs

Always my favourite version... for some reason Shifty

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 01 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Queen now, surely? I take it the ammo shortage isn't as bad as the media make out.

I only need to see someone cutting towards themselves with a knife to wince. And don't get me started on power tools with the guards intentionally removed Shocked

Ammo shortage? There's an ammo shortage? Don't tell the locals round here, they'll shit a brick. Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:56 - 02 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Ammo shortage? There's an ammo shortage? Don't tell the locals round here, they'll shit a brick. Laughing

I suspect it's exaggerated by some very subtle industry shilling. A few well placed photos of a shelf bare but for some .43 Spanish... much the same as the run (hehe) on bog roll over here Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York governor threatens POTUS with "nice presidency, shame if anything were to happen to it..."

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/cuomo-trump-better-have-an-army-to-protect-him-if-he-comes-to-nyc/

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:59 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
New York governor threatens POTUS with "nice presidency, shame if anything were to happen to it..."

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/cuomo-trump-better-have-an-army-to-protect-him-if-he-comes-to-nyc/

That’ll be the chap who would have been a sure thing to be picked as the Democratic presidential candidate ...if he’d run for it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:15 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more than ever convinced that civil war is inevitable in the US. I hadn't realised that Hilary Clinton had all but actually declared one on behalf of the Democrats in 2018, and I see no attempts on either side to try to deescalate the rhetoric or regain civil order. In fact, the opposite appears to be true, as it is all constantly being ramped up ever further. Adios USA, it was nice knowing you.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:45 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I am more than ever convinced that civil war is inevitable in the US. I hadn't realised that Hilary Clinton had all but actually declared one on behalf of the Democrats in 2018, and I see no attempts on either side to try to deescalate the rhetoric or regain civil order. In fact, the opposite appears to be true, as it is all constantly being ramped up ever further. Adios USA, it was nice knowing you.

The south had nicer uniforms last time and the flag was much spiffier! Up the South. Dance!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

It's a game of chess at the moment. The Democrats have attempted to lure The Orange Hooligan in by sacrificing some pawns but so far he's not been tempted into any bold moves (e.g. invoking The Insurrection Act.) Really, everyone's holding their collective breaths, girding loins etc. for election night. Clinton's already said Biden should not concede regardless of the result...

With ~260 million potential voters and a 55% turnout there will be just north of 140 million votes. It's been said that Trump needs at least 65 million votes on the night to hold onto office. Any less than that and Biden would be well within his rights not to concede and wait for the postal votes. Cue a month or so of absolute chaos.

I get the impression that any less than Trump winning both the election and the popular vote and the postal vote will result in civil war. And even so he might have to "depose" some of the more insane politicians in the cities... Trump Derangement Syndrome dialled up to 11 Sad

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
the flag was much spiffier

I've often wondered if that is a prerequisite to losing.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will go ballistic whoever wins, and by whatever means. They have been setting it up for it, by saying each side intends to commit fraud via the postal vote. If the Dems win, I don't think Republican supporters will kick off, except maybe in isolated cases, but what the Dems try to do with Antifa at the wheel I think will eventually provoke them. And if Trump wins outright, the left will continue to riot, murder, loot etc, while the Dems just sit on their hands as they have been doing, probably under the misconception that the loonies won't come for them. They already have gone after Mayor Wheeler in Portland, that cretin of a Mayor in Chicago and others.

Now I hear Trump is refusing to help the infected cities, and is actually talking about withholding federal funds from those cities. Whilst I understand the sentiment, I don't think it will do anything to calm things, and seems a bit unfair on those who have had nothing to do with the chaos.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:16 - 04 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
...and seems a bit unfair on those who have had nothing to do with the chaos.

They voted in the nut jobs [in the Democrat cities] so they're get what they deserve Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 04 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
...and seems a bit unfair on those who have had nothing to do with the chaos.

They voted in the nut jobs [in the Democrat cities] so they're get what they deserve Wink

I don't think that's fair. Who could have predicted just how nutty the nut jobs would get?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 04 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I don't think that's fair. Who could have predicted just how nutty the nut jobs would get?

True, under pressure people show their true colours... yellow in this case Wink Although I suppose expecting integrity from politicians is a bit of a stretch!

I think "integrity" is probably my favourite quality at the moment. Whether Left or Right, Black or White, err... loose or tight? Shifty it's something I look for when some talking head is on TV or Twatter...

Polonius wrote:
There, my blessing with thee.
And these few precepts in thy memory
Look thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportioned thought his act.
Be thou familiar but by no means vulgar.
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them unto thy soul with hoops of steel,
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatched, unfledged comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
Bear ’t that th’ opposèd may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear but few thy voice.
Take each man’s censure but reserve thy judgment.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not expressed in fancy—rich, not gaudy,
For the apparel oft proclaims the man,
And they in France of the best rank and station
Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell. My blessing season this in thee.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:44 - 04 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the nutters are demonstrating integrity - they're behaving like nutters which is what they are Laughing
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 08 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
the flag was much spiffier

I've often wondered if that is a prerequisite to losing.

Plus last time the Democrats supported slavery Thumbs Up

We should bring that back too.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:55 - 19 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting analysis:

BBC News wrote:
How many people does it take to oust a political leader?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54142487

Quote:
...the success rate of protest has declined. It has declined drastically with violent movements - around nine out of 10 violent movements now fail

Hence the reason why the 'murican MSM kept repeating the lie of "peaceful protest" knowing full well the reaction of the proles to the reality of Burning, Looting, and Murder.

What happened to #WhiteHouseSiege?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8693853/Anti-capitalist-organization-plans-lay-siege-White-House.html

Oh dear! Apparently the threat of Trump Supporters and White Nationalists (surely the same thing!) is too much:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/adbusters-white-house-siege-september-17/

Of course! Nationwide impromptu jazz session will make much more impact Laughing Seems the insurgency has drifted so far from the path of sanity they believe their own lies about their so-called enemies Doh!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:59 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
An interesting analysis:

BBC News wrote:
How many people does it take to oust a political leader?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-54142487

Quote:
...the success rate of protest has declined. It has declined drastically with violent movements - around nine out of 10 violent movements now fail

Hence the reason why the 'murican MSM kept repeating the lie of "peaceful protest" knowing full well the reaction of the proles to the reality of Burning, Looting, and Murder.

What happened to #WhiteHouseSiege?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8693853/Anti-capitalist-organization-plans-lay-siege-White-House.html

Oh dear! Apparently the threat of Trump Supporters and White Nationalists (surely the same thing!) is too much:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/adbusters-white-house-siege-september-17/

Of course! Nationwide impromptu jazz session will make much more impact Laughing Seems the insurgency has drifted so far from the path of sanity they believe their own lies about their so-called enemies Doh!

Including burning tyres and toppling statues, as well as shootings (by protestors), fighting, looting, burning of property, etc, in the official figures for violent BLM protests, how many of those nearly 8000 nationwide protests do you suppose were listed as violent? Number or percentage as you like.

So, the UK Daily Mail is reporting on a Canadian movement that was trying to demo at the US White House? That might have been more successful if we lefties in the US were to hear about it, not many of us here indulge in literary classics like the Daily Mail and the MSM which would love this kind of thing has made no mention of it. Laughing
The jazz thing is likely to be a damp squib for the very same reasons
The Canadians timing sucked as those inclined to demo in the Capital are likely at the Capitol this weekend holding vigil for the Notorious RBG.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Burning, Looting, and Murder.

Very clever!

mentalboy wrote:
Including burning tyres and toppling statues, as well as shootings (by protestors), fighting, looting, burning of property, etc, in the official figures for violent BLM protests, how many of those nearly 8000 nationwide protests do you suppose were listed as violent? Number or percentage as you like.

That might be partly dependant on who is getting to list what is a violent protest and what is not.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:19 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
So, the UK Daily Mail is reporting on a Canadian movement...

Apparently the same people were behind Occupy Wall Street so at least worthy of a little observation Wink

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

mentalboy wrote:

That might be partly dependant on who is getting to list what is a violent protest and what is not.

What do you understand by the term 'official'? I meant government released statistics, which are probably not going to give the benefit of the doubt to protestors.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:35 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

mentalboy wrote:

What do you understand by the term 'official'? I meant government released statistics, which are probably not going to give the benefit of the doubt to protestors.

Ah yes, I missed the term "official". That makes everything much more accurate! But we quibble. There have been too many violent protests. ONE is too many.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 190 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5