Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:45 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you mean the new fangled "authoritative sources" ? People like CNN... who still peddle the lie that Ahmaud Arbery was just out jogging:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/20/us/ahmaud-arbery-mother-fundraising/index.html

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Perhaps you mean the new fangled "authoritative sources" ? People like CNN... who still peddle the lie that Ahmaud Arbery was just out jogging:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/20/us/ahmaud-arbery-mother-fundraising/index.html

You must be a classy type, defending a pair of racists and a paedophile, who also happen to be killers.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:34 - 20 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

All references (including Wikipedia) state that he was just out jogging.
What else do you think he was doing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

You must be a classy type, defending a pair of racists and a paedophile, who also happen to be killers.

Defending? I've re-read my post and I didn't defend anyone in it Thinking

I've seen the videos, workboots are usual for a casual jog? Seem like the sort of thing you'd wear if you like having a rummage through a building site.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 21 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he couldn't afford sweatshop produced classy footwear.

Much like those poor NBA players, Formular One Drivers, and Footballers who are spearheading the BLM movement by leading by example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:28 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Defending? I've re-read my post and I didn't defend anyone in it Thinking

I've seen the videos, workboots are usual for a casual jog? Seem like the sort of thing you'd wear if you like having a rummage through a building site.

Perhaps you need to start looking at videos that aren't neo-nazi msinformation then?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ahmaud-arbery-killing-video-neo-nazi-racist-false-a9519831.html

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:24 - 22 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
Perhaps you need to start looking at videos that aren't neo-nazi msinformation then?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ahmaud-arbery-killing-video-neo-nazi-racist-false-a9519831.html

Okay, link the videos pls.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see this too, I couldn't find the video linked in the independent news site article.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 24 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Okay, link the videos pls.

I'm sure you've already looked at the same videos. The coroner's report describes his footwear as 'grey athletic shoes'.
New York Post is a right leaning publication: https://nypost.com/2020/05/11/ahmaud-arbery-autopsy-report-reveals-two-shotgun-blasts-to-the-chest/

The owner of the construction site that recorded Arbery on CCTV earlier that day said that, like the many other trespassers recorded in the past months, Arbery had most likely stopped to use the water outlets located on the property, as he'd previously done so on several occasions. He comes to this conclusion because nothing was removed and Arbery was recorded moving between the two points where the water taps were located.
Again, New York Post but same can be found on the left leaning sites, Beeb, CNN and all the other mainstream outlets. Breitbart has gone strangely quiet on the topic: https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/ahmaud-arbery-may-have-entered-construction-site-for-water/

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 25 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of speculation (the water thing) certainly plausible but I hadn't realised that trespassing on private property wasn't a thing in the US Thinking

Had another look at the video of the shooting to see about the footwear but TBH it's way too grainy. Still can't figure out why you'd run towards a guy with a shotgun than away given that such weapons are most deadly at close range.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:46 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Sounds like a lot of speculation (the water thing) certainly plausible but I hadn't realised that trespassing on private property wasn't a thing in the US Thinking

I certainly wouldn't risk it, but it sounds like the CCTV had recorded loads of people, over several months, doing it on that site. Another article that I read suggested that they were doing it to get a drink from the taps, the owner hasn't said anywhere that he'd had a pilfering issue. I do wonder if it is a new build on a public space where people have historically had access to drinking water as the owner didn't give any indication that he was peeved at all the foot traffic his site had been getting.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:33 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

It's not a "thing" here either. Tresspassing is when you've asked someone to leave private property and they refused to do so. Then in England, you are allowed to whinge at them in an increasingly strident and needy tone. In the US you can be arrested.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wasn't aware that water was safe to drink straight from the tap in the US Laughing Funny what preconceptions you can have about places.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

It's not a "thing" here either. Tresspassing is when you've asked someone to leave private property and they refused to do so. Then in England, you are allowed to whinge at them in an increasingly strident and needy tone. In the US you can be arrested or/and shot.

FTFY

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I also wasn't aware that water was safe to drink straight from the tap in the US Laughing Funny what preconceptions you can have about places.

Most of the places I've visited, the city water (as in, public utility water) is classed as drinkable but it's like drinking swimming pool water. Puke

Many of us who don't live in towns rely on well water, ours is a tad hard but good to drink, although it does stand in a holding tank, before being pumped to the house, to get rid of the sulphur stink and it's great for brewing beer, no chemicals or additives needed as you would from utility water to counter the chemicals they put in the water. Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:09 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swimming pool stink is chlorine. Heat the water and its volatile enough to boil off quickly leaving you with clean h2o.

That's what we do with tap water before we put 8t in the fish tank when we need to swap the water out.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:28 - 26 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I apologise for the diversion from the thread topic Shifty

Back to it, it seems the Proud Boys are playing the insurgents for mugs:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/26/us/portland-proud-boys-protests.html

100+ days of supporting the insurgency in his city the Portland mayor has finally had to ask the police to come out. Oh the irony...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
It's not a "thing" here either. Tresspassing is when you've asked someone to leave private property and they refused to do so. Then in England, you are allowed to whinge at them in an increasingly strident and needy tone. In the US you can be arrested or/and shot if you're black.

FTFYF

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 27 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerful and sometimes eye-opening stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phqA8JBHfac

"the Harris/Biden ticket"...not the other way around?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:41 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barely anyone thinks Biden will serve a full term, certainly never a 2nd. The "Not Trump, Placeholder President" Sad But his is the Democrat way: insulting the electorate.

And in Portland...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/26/portland-police-deputized-us-marshals-ahead-clash/

Not quite sure how it works over there but it seems the police have just bypassed local governance and gone Federal.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:40 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
mentalboy wrote:
It's not a "thing" here either. Tresspassing is when you've asked someone to leave private property and they refused to do so. Then in England, you are allowed to whinge at them in an increasingly strident and needy tone. In the US you can be arrested or/and shot if you're black.

FTFYF

Don't you believe it, landowners will shoot anything that moves that they don't want on their property, regardless of colour, creed, gender, genus or endangered species status.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 28 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
...landowners will shoot anything that moves that they don't want on their property, regardless of colour, creed, gender, genus or endangered species status.

https://i.imgflip.com/4gj9q7.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:04 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statues must come down. All statues, everywhere...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ortland-protests-teddy-roosevelt-abraham-lincoln-statues-trump-biden-b991475.html

"Indigenous Peoples' Day of Rage" sounds an awful lot like "Two Minutes of Hate" Thinking

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 12 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lincoln is going a bit too far.
Surely the good that he did somewhat outweighs the 'Dakota 38'
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5