Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Oven-Ready' my arse!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:43 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: 'Oven-Ready' my arse! Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/uk-close-to-abandoning-post-brexit-trade-deal-with-eu-due-to-deadlock-on-key-issues-report-claims/ar-BB171HbB?ocid=msedgntp

If memory serves me right, wasn't the expression 'oven-ready' used repeatedly during the Conservative's last election campaign to convince people that Boris and his crack team of negotiators had this whole Brexit thing sorted?

The were either deluded or outright liars. Still, the majority believed them and that's what matters....

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTO rules Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: 'Oven-Ready' my arse! Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Still, the majority believed them and that's what matters....

Did they? Are you sure? Laughing
I don't think many were deluded that leaving the EU would be an easy path to take, but that's not the point. Do you want to start into the arguments again? What will we achieve this time around? We're out. We can sit and complain and let things go to the dogs, or we can work to make the best of it.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: 'Oven-Ready' my arse! Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Diggs wrote:
Still, the majority believed them and that's what matters....

Did they? Are you sure? Laughing
I don't think many were deluded that leaving the EU would be an easy path to take, but that's not the point. Do you want to start into the arguments again? What will we achieve this time around? We're out. We can sit and complain and let things go to the dogs, or we can work to make the best of it.

Fair enough. I merely wanted to point out another of Boris's election lies... Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest waste of time I can think of is pointing out the election lies of politicians.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about BoJo is that he is teflon and he knows it. I don't know why he couldn't have just been honest last time around and said:

'Vote for me - I haven't got a clue so I'll bumble from crisis to crisis until someone better comes along and I get my knighthood.'

If he'd said that, he may have gotten even more seats for honesty...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So vote labour in the next GE...if you dare! Laughing

But are you seriously asking for honesty from a politician?! Oh my, that is a hoot! Who out of our esteemed political class would you expect this from in place of Boris?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
So vote labour in the next GE...if you dare! Laughing

But are you seriously asking for honesty from a politician?! Oh my, that is a hoot! Who out of our esteemed political class would you expect this from in place of Boris?

I can't imagine anyone in the current crop being more regularly, blatantly dishonest, so by that token anyone will do....

I quite like Lisa Nandy.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I can't imagine anyone in the current crop being more regularly, blatantly dishonest, so by that token anyone will do....

I quite like Lisa Nandy.

You seem to misunderstand what politicians are for Laughing

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Re: 'Oven-Ready' my arse! Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

We were specifically told that it would be a difficult process, in government literature referenced by the Referendum Leaflet we were all given

However, this is just raking over old ashes. The decision was made, we are fully and completely out of the eu and all its institutions, transition will end in just over 5 months, and we cannot undo the process. The only way back would be to re-apply to join from scratch, negotiate terms, and have a referendum on joining (which we neve have had before). All most unlikely for the foreseeable future.

So, as you say, and I agree strongly, whining and moaning's counterproductive, and we all need to work to make the best of it..

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I quite like Lisa Nandy.

I do NOT like lisa nandy. I used to. What changed my mind?

Before the general election, in 2019, she voted in favour of the EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill, citing her constituent's views.

After the election, when it became plain that there would be a labour leadership contest, she decided to be a contender, and voted against the EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill.

Anyway, that is all in the past, too.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:58 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ministers are working on the assumption that there will not be a deal, although it may be possible for a “basic” agreement to be reached"

I was under the impression that had always been the case.

Any deal can be oven ready but that doesn't matter if the EU don't want to play ball.

Fuck 'em. Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The biggest waste of time I can think of is pointing out the election lies of politicians.

https://topmejt.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/john-bercow-800x500_c.jpg

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"Ministers are working on the assumption that there will not be a deal, although it may be possible for a “basic” agreement to be reached"

I was under the impression that had always been the case.

Any deal can be oven ready but that doesn't matter if the EU don't want to play ball.

Fuck 'em. Laughing

With a red hot poker. SIZZLE le frog.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRfHeGGkCKzqvcTbPDMjs4jnsV0-aPVJqK30g&usqp=CAU

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

https://topmejt.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/john-bercow-800x500_c.jpg

You post that without comment? How very brave of you! Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:43 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that's oven ready now is the 'soon to be rolled out' excuse of Coronavirus for all the delays and stalls.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:25 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

It's the face and gesture of ''you are right, that's exactly what I think''. OR ''he's got a point, there''.

A picture is worth a thousand words, they say. Thinking

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 22 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if all you post is a picture, you're leaving me to supply the words. Never trust me to do that Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:21 - 23 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture is of a bloke pointing out the election lies of politicians...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 23 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The picture is of a bloke pointing out the election lies of politicians...

No, he'd need another 648 arms Wink

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 23 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

It's the face and gesture of ''you are right, that's exactly what I think''. OR ''he's got a point, there''.

He'll have been pointing to Corbyn or Abbott then no doubt.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 24 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust politicians.

To make their life as easy as possible.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 24 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:

He'll have been pointing to Corbyn or Abbott then no doubt.

He was pointing at Diane......

'You, my room at 6pm and bring a friend.'
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1