Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 30 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
That link you listed...

its a 765 not a 675, so will have an immob.

2013 new headlight jobbies should be immob, means nothing really as they will still steal them. Laughing

The top result has changed, he posted a link to a search rather than the actual ad.

Yeah, looks like they have taken it off the market since i put my deposit down earlier Smile

This is the bike in question

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=103861

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:46 - 30 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a new 675 in 2010, had it for a couple of years and then sold it to get my car licence/a car. The worst thing I've ever done, great bike. I had the standard ST in red (GL10 WSF if anyone knows where it is), my only issue with the bike was the brakes being poor, which I know were much better on the R and surely will be on subsequent versions.

I'd say the best all round bike I've ever owned. I hope the test ride goes well. During the current climate I would be checking everything and trying to get money off if possible, good luck with the test ride Thumbs Up

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 30 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 765RS, the one with ohlins and brembo's and that.

It's great, the engine is gruntier than a 675 yet it has a stonking revvy top end. The quickshifter is slick and likewise the chassis.

Struggling to say anything bad about it at the moment.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 08 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxey wrote:
how far does yours go on a tank of fuel?

Fuel light comes on around 130-145 miles with 2 bars remaining. In theory another 30-40 miles I'm guessing until empty.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:32 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irezumi wrote:
GL10 WSF

It passed every MOT and done under 19k. Looks like it spent 6 years as someones toy with very low annual mileage then turned into a possible commuter last year with over 5k clocked up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 09 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white white with red is my favourite, lovely bike mate.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:06 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it finally arrived (dropped off at 5.00pm last night), so promptly put me gear on and went for a blast

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=103903

https://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=103902

I genuinly can't believe how different it is to my old Hornet, with just 75cc more, and 1 less cylinder, it is a totally different animal, it just pulls like a train in any gear........ and the noise........ wow, that Arrow system sounds lovely

As for the steering and brakes, they are both razor sharp, almost telepahic, just think which direction you want to go and you are going that way

I think i might have to have a play with the suspension though, as it was a bit choppy on the back roads round the Peaks, so i will be resetting everything to factory settings this weekend, and then take it from there[/img]

Last edited by rpsmith79 on 13:55 - 14 Aug 2020; edited 2 times in total

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just see a grey stop sign instead of the pics at the minute.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
I can just see a grey stop sign instead of the pics at the minute.

How about now?

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted. It looks gorgeous too by the way.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, at the risk of hi-jacking the thread (but you've got a shiny new bike now so bollocks to you), what do you lot think about this one?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/triumph-motorbikes/triumph-street-triple-r-675/1381486425

It's got a load of shiny bits (think they've ordered the entire R&G catalogue) and an Arrow pipe, but it seems about a grand overpriced to me.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
Also, at the risk of hi-jacking the thread (but you've got a shiny new bike now so bollocks to you), what do you lot think about this one?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/triumph-motorbikes/triumph-street-triple-r-675/1381486425

It's got a load of shiny bits (think they've ordered the entire R&G catalogue) and an Arrow pipe, but it seems about a grand overpriced to me.

That looks tidy, and i don't think it's massively overpriced, i paid £4800 for mine, 2 years newer (newer model as well), with a similar level of accessories, though almost double the mileage

I think mine was underpriced though, as it probably books as a 2012 MK1, even though its actually a MK2, most other 2013 bikes i could find were in the low to mid £5k range

I think its a fair price, and they do hold value well, you could probably knock a few hundred off being as its a Gumtree ad, i don't think anyone expects to take asking price these days

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
That looks tidy, and i don't think it's massively overpriced, i paid £4800 for mine, 2 years newer (newer model as well), with a similar level of accessories, though almost double the mileage

I think mine was underpriced though, as it probably books as a 2012 MK1, even though its actually a MK2, most other 2013 bikes i could find were in the low to mid £5k range

I think its a fair price, and they do hold value well, you could probably knock a few hundred off being as its a Gumtree ad, i don't think anyone expects to take asking price these days

It's a fair point, and it does look in beautiful condition, but I was basing the price on this (not sure if the link will work), completed MK1 listings on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dcat=36093&_fsrp=1&_sop=15&_nkw=street+triple+r&_sacat=422&_from=R40&LH_TitleDesc=0&Model%2520Year=2008%7C2009%7C2010%7C2011%7C%21%7C2012&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

All the ones over about 3k are the later models with the changed headlights.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

It's a fair point, and it does look in beautiful condition, but I was basing the price on this (not sure if the link will work), completed MK1 listings on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dcat=36093&_fsrp=1&_sop=15&_nkw=street+triple+r&_sacat=422&_from=R40&LH_TitleDesc=0&Model%2520Year=2008%7C2009%7C2010%7C2011%7C%21%7C2012&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

All the ones over about 3k are the later models with the changed headlights.

Blimey, some cheap Striples being sold there, i suppose that is the risk of selling on eBay with an auction, most clssified ads are about a grand more than that

Possibly a side effect of Covid/lockdown/furlough, and folk needing cash to survive, and not as many buyers on the market due to being cash strapped

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:43 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never buy another round headlight one.

I would definitely go for the slighty more robust immobiliser fitted one. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:52 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely bike. Thumbs Up

I miss mine just for the sh1ts and giggles. Such fun to ride.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 14 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

I would definitely go for the slighty more robust immobiliser fitted one. Laughing

Besides the immobiliser/easy to nick problem, what makes you say you'd never have one again?

I've been struggling with getting a replacement for the VFR for about a decade, and there are loads of good bikes, but very few that make me think "Yes, THAT, give it to me immediately". And an even smaller group that don't get discounted for some practical reason. A MK1 striple, only the R, and only in grey, is one of them. If I get a street triple, it will only be that one model. There's just something about those round (and apparently crap) headlights. I'm just, if not more, interested in negative views than positive ones.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:40 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Besides the immobiliser/easy to nick problem, what makes you say you'd never have one again?

I've been struggling with getting a replacement for the VFR for about a decade, and there are loads of good bikes, but very few that make me think "Yes, THAT, give it to me immediately". And an even smaller group that don't get discounted for some practical reason. A MK1 striple, only the R, and only in grey, is one of them. If I get a street triple, it will only be that one model. There's just something about those round (and apparently crap) headlights. I'm just, if not more, interested in negative views than positive ones.

Mine was a round headlamp version and TBH those lights weren't great. Not in Mk1 Fazer terms of rubbish but not inspiring. The 'easy to nick' is well known. I don't see why you couldn't fit an aftermarket one if you wanted though.

There is nothing insurmountable and I admit I never left mine anywhere unattended without a bloody great chain on it.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:30 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing. They are literally too easy to steal, might as well leave the key in.

Only thing stopping me.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 15 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:

I think i might have to have a play with the suspension though, as it was a bit choppy on the back roads round the Peaks, so i will be resetting everything to factory settings this weekend, and then take it from there[/img]

As I said earlier in the thread....

<smug look>

Oh, if you get the R version and you aren't good with setting up suspension get it done profesionally. Mine was rock hard 'out of the box' and I wasn't happy at all. I had it set up byone of those firms you see on track days and it was a revelation after that.

I'm not skilled enough to set it up myself so paid to have it done. If you know what you are doing Thumbs Up

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:13 - 16 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't help that the suspension settings on both front forks weren't actually the same, I have now gone through them all and reset them to factory settings, but it's now chucking it down, so will have to wait now to see if it's any better next time I'm out

I suspect my old Hornet had probably never had any of the suspension looked at during its life, as it was really soft in comparison to the Stripple, but as that was my 1st proper bike, I had nothing to compare it against

The Stripple is streets ahead in terms of handling, even on the few occasions I've used it so far, it's almost telepathic

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:59 - 22 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:

A little late and off-topic a bit (sorry).

I more or less did the same transition Zen and I'd highly recommend it! I only wish the Street motor had the legendary strength of the VFR cog drive motor but for the handling benefits it was easily worth it!

The street can sport tour just as well as a VFR (well 1 up at least), hard luggage options used to be available quite readily (I had a set of Givi on mine).

I wouldn't discount a round light entirely, I had no bother living in a decent area with a brick garage and pretty secure work parking, but its all a matter of risk, for me the appearance of a Mk1 is worth it.

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 26 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moxey wrote:
I more or less did the same transition Zen and I'd highly recommend it!

Thanks for this Moxey, really appreciate the info. Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2