Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Best available cam for a 74"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Zaney This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:49 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, check out Tatro Machine on youtube - there is nothing this guys does not know. He's salty but will tell you straight what you need.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KiwiBob
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 15:46 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo123 wrote:
Hi, check out Tatro Machine on youtube - there is nothing this guys does not know. He's salty but will tell you straight what you need.

As the OP is an exact copy of a post made 14yrs ago on another site the guy may be a troll?

https://www.hydra-glide.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9419&sid=1d628151a36f0b0798256ea638c20e34#p9419

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiBob wrote:
stevo123 wrote:

As the OP is an exact copy of a post made 14yrs ago on another site the guy may be a troll?

https://www.hydra-glide.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=9419&sid=1d628151a36f0b0798256ea638c20e34#p9419

When he said "a 74" pan" I thought he was talking something vitreous, and thought, "Wow! That's a big arse!" Is it something about extra-wide bog paper?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:29 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:

When he said "a 74" pan" I thought he was talking something vitreous, and thought, "Wow! That's a big arse!" Is it something about extra-wide bog paper?

As it's in inches, I reckon it's a Panhead. Quite frankly I would look at replacing the whole fucking bike with something modern and not American if he/she wants to do anything more than look at it in his garage.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:41 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always fancied a Shovelhead, just cause it sounds funny. (Shovelhead sounds funny, not the engine noise, that just sounds tractorish.)

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 03 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

74 inch pan? Fuck me that’s a big omelette your making. How many eggs you need for that?

stevo123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 21:47 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

KIWIBOB - How the hell did you manage to find that from 2006. Or more to the point why did you? haha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:48 - 04 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo123 wrote:
KIWIBOB - How the hell did you manage to find that from 2006. Or more to the point why did you? haha

Selected the text in the post, right click, search google.

Why? Because when you search on Google for the text an unusual or weird post / question then you can find all sorts of things.

I'm saying that Zaney is a spam account that at some point will edit the post in this thread to make it spammy because that is the new way of posting spam on forums. And it works.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:34 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Re: Best available cam for a 74" Reply with quote

Zaney wrote:
What is the best available cam for a 74" Pan? I'm running what is basically a stock 50FL: Linkert Carb with O-ring manifold, stock sized intake and exhaust valves but converted to 12volt and with solid lifters. I am mainly a touring rider. I remember reading that a Sifton 412 was the best but I'm told they are no longer available. I see in the J+P vintage catalog a "Sifton Cam and pinion gear combination" listed. Has anybody used this set-up?

quoting the original message in full

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 264 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1