Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Looking for support on a moto invention

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
jmsczl This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:31 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Re: Looking for support on a moto invention Reply with quote

jmsczl wrote:
Hi all, I'm James

I've invented a no-spill cup holder, much needed for taking to-go coffees and drinks on my Ninja around the city.

https://www.blueshiftmounts.com/

Was hoping to get your thoughts and support if you find it useful.
This is my full-time gig, preparing to ship soon.

Hopes & dreams - thanks for the help!
Cheers,

In here? All you are going to get is an arseraping

Come.up with a way to clean my visor and you'll get my attention.

Not sure how a cup holder is useful on an motorbike.....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:43 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks safe. Laughing

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:47 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, and you can buy my matching ashtray to go with it if you like.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:47 - 05 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Not sure how a cup holder is useful on an motorbike.....

Nobwipe holder? It's the dream team. Lives could be saved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:33 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the Cup Holder® perform in the rain?

Does it come supplied with a bluetooth steering control that allows the Cup Holder® to be controlled via a wireless steering control with your thumb, even whilst wearing gloves?

How quickly can it be fitted and detatched?

Is there noticeable wind drag?

Have you considered attaching the Cup Holder® with tape so strong that even trucks are being made from it?

Have tests been done to find out if interior fogging is a problem when using the Cup Holder®?

Are you on LinkedIn?

Do you have a UK distributor yet? Thinking

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:30 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exciting. Oh wait......

What about this mug?

https://www.picclickimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/Q94AAOSwzvlW--G7/$/Insulated-Double-Wall-Non-Spill-Travel-Mug-With-_1.jpg

Non spill, insulated, and cheap as chips, (French fries to you).

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it doesn't keep the cup upright or anything? It's literally just a non-spill lid (and a ring mount)?

Found the ad on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IesSF4JgBoI

First shot of a bike is someone riding in trainers...

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have a Contigo mug - absolutely water tight (not just spill proof) - can be chucked in top box or whatever and used when you reach destination.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TRV5RM4/ref=twister_B089LBGJ7N

Slightly pricey, but excellent - no lids to unscrew or remove in order to use, just press the button, drink, release button and it's sealed again.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally the best thing I've ever seen. So you keep it under your seat, and when you buy a coffee, you fiddle to remove your seat, set it up on your bars and ride off with your coffee in its Costa paper cup now being wind blasted cool, eventually stop and drink it and then take the whole 'invention' off, take your rear seat off and put it all away again?

Or you could just drink your coffee and then get back on the motorcycle.

It's weird how people can create a problem that needs solving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use a stainless-steel flask for hot or cold things, oe a plastic bottle for ordinary stuff like squash. Flasks are only about a tenner for a litre one, or even less. I think my Lidl one was a fiver, and it's excellent. You can get smaller ones, and "food flasks" too. Lash 'em on all over.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:47 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-order twenty five dorrah Laughing

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottle in a bum-bag works for me.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

But apart from the uselessness of The Thing, you joined just to flog it? Why aren't you already a bike-loving and supportive BCF member? Where are your contributions to the common weal? Where were you in the BCF earthquake of '05? During the '17 chat-room tsunami? Fucking tourists, coming here to rape and plunder, fuck off.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it had a mini nuclear reactor fitted that kept the coffee warm that would be nice.

Or maybe a cheap version the had an Ammonium Nitrate pellet dispenser to blow the temperature back up. Thumbs Up

It's good this inventing lark. Dance!

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Literally the best thing I've ever seen.

Actually I'm going to temper my comment slightly by saying it's not as utterly pointless as something I found whilst searching for an accessory for my R Nine T. This one's a peach:

https://www.unitgarage.com/data/prod/img/porta_tavola_surf_11.jpg

https://www.unitgarage.com/data/prod/img/porta_tavola_surf_1.jpg

An actual surfboard holder Dance! Clapping

But yeah, that 'invention' is going some towards it, for sure.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
arry wrote:
Literally the best thing I've ever seen.

Actually I'm going to temper my comment slightly by saying it's not as utterly pointless as something I found whilst searching for an accessory for my R Nine T. This one's a peach:

https://www.unitgarage.com/data/prod/img/porta_tavola_surf_11.jpg

https://www.unitgarage.com/data/prod/img/porta_tavola_surf_1.jpg

An actual surfboard holder Dance! Clapping

But yeah, that 'invention' is going some towards it, for sure.

If you are a surfer dude and a hipster, that surfboard holder is a cracker. Love it. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:15 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harley fag wrote:
Bottle in the bum works for me.

Neutral

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:16 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late for the show. Ram have been making a gimbal cup holder for a decade or so that's considerably better than your offering.
Yours doesn't have a gimbal so isn't self levelling, holds the cup too high so is more likely to have spillages, because of this it requires you to fit a silly condom type thing to your cup but finally and this is the real killer, yours costs more.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:27 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video footage of the cup holder in use can be seen if you scroll to the bottom of the list of files on the google drive page to the file called "Video Riding Iace Tea.mp4": https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sMK1ZgaGaifEXvSgOIMEjwUtKW9Xgsqh

OP has made other useful inventions such as the fidget spinner knife. https://www.jamescazzoli.com/#/meteorite-spinner-knife/

Gagged

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

OP has made other useful inventions such as the fidget spinner knife. https://www.jamescazzoli.com/#/meteorite-spinner-knife/

Gagged

A perfect example of what's mentioned in this. Utter shite made by parasites.

" There’s nothing they need, nothing they don’t own already, nothing they even want. So you buy them a solar-powered waving queen; a belly button brush; a silver-plated ice cream tub holder; a “hilarious” inflatable zimmer frame; a confection of plastic and electronics called Terry the Swearing Turtle; or – and somehow I find this significant – a Scratch Off World wall map.

They seem amusing on the first day of Christmas, daft on the second, embarrassing on the third. By the twelfth they’re in landfill. For thirty seconds of dubious entertainment, or a hedonic stimulus that lasts no longer than a nicotine hit, we commission the use of materials whose impacts will ramify for generations.

Researching her film The Story of Stuff, Annie Leonard discovered that of the materials flowing through the consumer economy, only 1% remain in use six months after sale(1). Even the goods we might have expected to hold onto are soon condemned to destruction through either planned obsolescence (breaking quickly) or perceived obsolesence (becoming unfashionable).

But many of the products we buy, especially for Christmas, cannot become obsolescent. The term implies a loss of utility, but they had no utility in the first place. An electronic drum-machine t-shirt; a Darth Vader talking piggy bank; an ear-shaped i-phone case; an individual beer can chiller; an electronic wine breather; a sonic screwdriver remote control; bacon toothpaste; a dancing dog: no one is expected to use them, or even look at them, after Christmas Day. They are designed to elicit thanks, perhaps a snigger or two, and then be thrown away.

The fatuity of the products is matched by the profundity of the impacts. Rare materials, complex electronics, the energy needed for manufacture and transport are extracted and refined and combined into compounds of utter pointlessness. When you take account of the fossil fuels whose use we commission in other countries, manufacturing and consumption are responsible for more than half of our carbon dioxide production(2). We are screwing the planet to make solar-powered bath thermometers and desktop crazy golfers.

People in eastern Congo are massacred to facilitate smart phone upgrades of ever diminishing marginal utility(3). Forests are felled to make “personalised heart-shaped wooden cheese board sets”. Rivers are poisoned to manufacture talking fish. This is pathological consumption: a world-consuming epidemic of collective madness, rendered so normal by advertising and the media that we scarcely notice what has happened to us.

In 2007, the journalist Adam Welz records, 13 rhinos were killed by poachers in South Africa. This year, so far, 585 have been shot(4). No one is entirely sure why. But one answer is that very rich people in Vietnam are now sprinkling ground rhino horn on their food or snorting it like cocaine to display their wealth. It’s grotesque, but it scarcely differs from what almost everyone in industrialised nations is doing: trashing the living world through pointless consumption.

This boom has not happened by accident. Our lives have been corralled and shaped in order to encourage it. World trade rules force countries to participate in the festival of junk. Governments cut taxes, deregulate business, manipulate interest rates to stimulate spending. But seldom do the engineers of these policies stop and ask “spending on what?”. When every conceivable want and need has been met (among those who have disposable money), growth depends on selling the utterly useless. The solemnity of the state, its might and majesty, are harnessed to the task of delivering Terry the Swearing Turtle to our doors.

Grown men and women devote their lives to manufacturing and marketing this rubbish, and dissing the idea of living without it. “I always knit my gifts”, says a woman in a television ad for an electronics outlet. “Well you shouldn’t,” replies the narrator(5). An advertisement for Google’s latest tablet shows a father and son camping in the woods. Their enjoyment depends on the Nexus 7’s special features(6). The best things in life are free, but we’ve found a way of selling them to you.

The growth of inequality that has accompanied the consumer boom ensures that the rising economic tide no longer lifts all boats. In the US in 2010 a remarkable 93% of the growth in incomes accrued to the top 1% of the population(7). The old excuse, that we must trash the planet to help the poor, simply does not wash. For a few decades of extra enrichment for those who already possess more money than they know how to spend, the prospects of everyone else who will live on this earth are diminished.

So effectively have governments, the media and advertisers associated consumption with prosperity and happiness that to say these things is to expose yourself to opprobrium and ridicule. Witness last week’s Moral Maze programme, in which most of the panel lined up to decry the idea of consuming less, and to associate it, somehow, with authoritarianism(8). When the world goes mad, those who resist are denounced as lunatics.

Bake them a cake, write them a poem, give them a kiss, tell them a joke, but for god’s sake stop trashing the planet to tell someone you care. All it shows is that you don’t."

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This worthless cunt most likely knew full well there was a better product at a cheaper price but didn't care, he's just playing the number's game with one sole intention, to free-load off the morons, retards and cretins and fuck the impact it has on the bigger picture.

Turds like this need flushing.

Lol, "Build the future". If that's the future I'd sooner come back as a fucking whelk, you sad sack of blather-drivelling shite.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Re: Looking for support on a moto invention Reply with quote

jmsczl wrote:
Hi all, I'm James

I've invented a no-spill cup holder, much needed for taking to-go coffees and drinks on my Ninja around the city.

Hello, James, let me inform you that it is against the law in many European countries, if not all of them, to drink, eat and smoke while you are on a motorcycle. Which means, there is no point in having a cup right next to your face while you ride.

#cupholderpal.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 16:50 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Re: Looking for support on a moto invention Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
jmsczl wrote:
Hi all, I'm James

Hello, James, let me inform you that it is against the law in many European countries, if not all of them, to drink, eat and smoke while you are on a motorcycle. Which means, there is no point in having a cup right next to your face while you ride.

#cupholderpal.

UK its fine I think.... I mean... I've certainly struggled to eat my 20 nugget meal at 50mph, but I don't think I would be pulled over Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 06 Aug 2020    Post subject: Re: Looking for support on a moto invention Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

#cupholderpal.

I use Stupidpal©: a gadget that protects you from the stupidity of others whilst riding, but can also be detached from the bike and used elsewhere. So when I switch it on, I can't see the OP's post Very Happy
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2