Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ONE DRIVE 5TB LIFETIME £2.99

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 11 Aug 2020    Post subject: ONE DRIVE 5TB LIFETIME £2.99 Reply with quote

Several people on eBay are flogging these lifetime Microsoft One Drive accounts with 5TB of storage for a fee of £2.49. Seemed like a bargain so I bought one. The account comes back with (yourname) @ (a school), judging by the name of it, it's in Africa or some shit.

You get access to latest Office apps and all that malarkey.

Is there a catch?

It still seems slow upload, they state NOONE can look at the files you upload ^^ so all seems good. I do seem to get a lot of file upload errors for some reason. Apart from that, it all seems good?

Scam or no?

https://i.imgur.com/c2zsup1.jpg

Last edited by King29 on 14:45 - 11 Aug 2020; edited 1 time in total

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:44 - 11 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you're "leasing" an account off them that they manage (note you can't upgrade your own email address, they'll provide you with one).

They can grant themselves access to your Onedrive data without you knowing, or even delete your account at a random time in the future and there's literally nothing you can do. Don't go anywhere near it.....

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 11 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% scam. I don't have the time to look into it but I do know the Chocolate Factory gives all schools the option of completely unlimited storage. They just need to sign up. I imagine MS do the same. It's only a matter of time before the 'school' in question is the subject of a data audit, and bosh, your account is gone. At worst you might be liable for damages against the supplier too.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 11 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best option for M365 is usually Amazon. 6 users for 58 quid. Direct from Microsoft it's about 80 Laughing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Office-Home-users-download/dp/B00DRP537A/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=microsoft+365+home&qid=1597157685&quartzVehicle=700-418&replacementKeywords=microsoft+home&sr=8-3

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 11 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they are just selling school accounts.

Why would you want to store all your data on a onedrive that you may one day not have access to and that someone else could probably just log on and see all your files?

dynax
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:21 - 11 Aug 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You upload your files, they access them plant a trojan, you open your files and bang they have everything that's stored on your pc, old addage if something looks too good to be true then it probably is, don't even log into it, it will fuck you up big time in some way or another Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 258 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1