Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Very bad idea, shrooms/LSD always enhanced our moods when we took it. I was always a chilled out type so had great trips, my ex was highly strung which made her paranoid and an absolute fucking nightmare to trip with and in turn made everyone else freak out. If you aren't a happy go lucky type do yourself and everyone around you a favour and stay off the lysurgics.

Old discussion now but I have to add some agreement here.

Some folk seem to forget or not realise that not every mind is the same. I've done acid twice, the first time was excellent, the second time I was already way too drunk (I passed out and woke up in a tent next to my own vomit, then spent the rest of the day feeling spaced out and like everything had 'meaning'). Both trips were not especially awful anyway, they were the kind after which you'd gladly give acid another go because nothing especially freaky happened.

Not long after that, I saw a mate have a life-changing bad acid trip, he was like a possessed demon, then lost his mind and ended up living in a home for years. After seeing him in that state, I'm now shit scared of psychedelics, and that fear alone is enough to guarantee a bad trip for me if I ever go near the stuff again. I'm genuinely petrified of the stuff now. Psychedelics are the one thing I'm able to flatly refuse, no matter how drunk I get, and no matter the peer pressure.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:24 - 20 Oct 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Very bad idea, shrooms/LSD always enhanced our moods when we took it. I was always a chilled out type so had great trips, my ex was highly strung which made her paranoid and an absolute fucking nightmare to trip with and in turn made everyone else freak out. If you aren't a happy go lucky type do yourself and everyone around you a favour and stay off the lysurgics.

Old discussion now but I have to add some agreement here.

Some folk seem to forget or not realise that not every mind is the same. I've done acid twice, the first time was excellent, the second time I was already way too drunk (I passed out and woke up in a tent next to my own vomit, then spent the rest of the day feeling spaced out and like everything had 'meaning'). Both trips were not especially awful anyway, they were the kind after which you'd gladly give acid another go because nothing especially freaky happened.

Not long after that, I saw a mate have a life-changing bad acid trip, he was like a possessed demon, then lost his mind and ended up living in a home for years. After seeing him in that state, I'm now shit scared of psychedelics, and that fear alone is enough to guarantee a bad trip for me if I ever go near the stuff again. I'm genuinely petrified of the stuff now. Psychedelics are the one thing I'm able to flatly refuse, no matter how drunk I get, and no matter the peer pressure.

The two times I've done acid were completely forgettable experiences. First one, I'd had a lot to drink, at a bike rally, and apart from the conversation being a bit weird, I don't recall much. Second time, it just left me feeling a bit wired, awake all night chatting, actually thinking I wish this would end, got things to do today. Probably crap quality on both occasions.

I'd try psychedelics again, but set and setting would be crucial to me, and my mood would have to be just right. Not something I'd just drop at a party anymore. I've looked at the whole thing a lot more closely now, and not sure I'd have much to gain from it. I'm more-or-less happy with my outlook on life.

For depression generally, I'd recommend being physically active more than taking anything to help. Exercise, getting outdoors, especially in beautiful settings. A walk in the hills never fails to lift my mood, and I always feel much more positive for a while after a workout. If you don't think you're the sort for gyms and stuff, just find a way to exercise at home and start easy, but try to do it regularly. Diet will contribute to mood to, so maybe look at that.

OP is a social worker, right? That kind of job would depress me. Maybe it's time for a change of career.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

For depression generally, I'd recommend being physically active more than taking anything to help. Exercise, getting outdoors, especially in beautiful settings. A walk in the hills never fails to lift my mood, and I always feel much more positive for a while after a workout. If you don't think you're the sort for gyms and stuff, just find a way to exercise at home and start easy, but try to do it regularly. Diet will contribute to mood to, so maybe look at that.

100% agree.

The great outdoors is the greatest cure.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:33 - 21 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for reference ... anyone mixing beer and psychedelics is a nutter or an old hand at both. If you are going to dabble, do one or do the other.

After a little practice, a cold beer in a sunny pub garden with a pleasant undercurrent of LSD is a marvellous thing Smile

Beer tastes nice, LSD is fun. That was always the split for me.

LSD is also a thing for a mind that's free of clutter and issues which is why i stopped doing it in my early 30s. Head could no longer cope with the recovery and holding a job down.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:34 - 03 Nov 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is well worth noting that the quality of the chemistry matters significantly when it comes to our manufactured drugs.

My old chemistry teacher was on the fringes of the folk involved in the Operation Julie outfit & always wondered if some of his input translated into what was the BEST LSD to ever hit the market.

In his defence, he only ever discussed such matters with kindred spirits & even used to buy the odd fly agaric off me.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:29 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Ive been thinking of trying some microdose psilocybin as a way of getting my more depressing thinking sorted. Has anyone tried this? You can buy packs of shroom in measured doses online, what are peoples thoughts on this?

how about you just man up and embrace the reality that life can suck.
exercise and a healthy diet would be much more beneficial for your long term wellbeing than abusing drugs i imagine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
exercise and a healthy diet would be much more beneficial for your long term wellbeing than abusing drugs i imagine.

More points on the mpd sock theory...

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

More points on the mpd sock theory...

sorry i have no idea what this means?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:59 - 25 Nov 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

It means to get a good hard donking.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:51 - 26 Nov 2020    Post subject: Re: Microdose Psilocybin (shrooms) Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

It means to get a good hard donking.

that sounds like... fun Thinking
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 151 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2