Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

I just got the most elaborate e-mail

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: I just got the most elaborate e-mail Reply with quote

This one has been done to death but it bears repeating.
I find it hard not to be racist when I get stuff like this. If I wasn't 100% compus mentus (or pissed) then I might think it's genuine.
Is it genuine?

Attachment is a photo of a 'Canadian' passport with a picture of, frankly, someone who looks like a suicide bomber.

All he wants is my details, ID, passport. What could possibly go wrong.

Any suggestions for how to respond to this once in a lifetime opportunity?

Copy and pasta of the text below
Hello my friend ***,

Good to here from you. well let me just quickly explain the process to you, so you can understand very well. am the director of the committee in charge of scammed victim verification.

You know many people will turn up for the claim, but am the only person to approve and select the actual victims and cases we will assist. after my approval, the person will be free to follow up the payment.

But, what i want to do with you, is a very simple deal. I will provide documents in your name and details proving and stating that you lost $10.5 million dollars to scammers from Africa. and i will summit the documents including your identity or passport copy to the next department. any person i approve and summit the details, is like the person have been verified and approved.

But i must have an agreement with you, because surely if you follow the process, under 72 hours the compensation funds will be released to you. and as soon as you receive the funds, you must wire transfer $5.250 million dollars to my bank account which will be provided to you.

Look a lot of victims, has been receiving funds, and getting back to their lives again. they have release compensation funds to over 230 people. and they are all happy now. the program started over 2 weeks now, so this is my opportunity to raise some money for myself. but, we have to follow the procedures well without any mistakes and greed.

Which is, i will need your details, including an ID or passport copy and i will back it up with documents transfer receipt to show you really lost $10.5 million dollars to African. then after my approval, i will now summit your file to the next department for them to register and legalize your claim, then 3rd step is to forward your compensation payment file, to the payment department and surely the funds will be released to you immediately.

Look i just dont want you to waste my time, i really want a very serious person, that will not blow the transaction. you will have to follow the process and under 72 hours the compensation funds will hit your account.

I want you to know that am still afraid, because i tried to do these business with a man from Poland, who lost only $355,000 dollars to Nigerian scammer and i helped him to collect $1.5 million dollars, after he received the funds, his phone has been off since then. our agreement was not met again, he ran away.

I got nothing. so using you, i must be very sure you will not disappoint me. and bear in mind, we are going to pass only 3 stages to get your compensation. first is my approval.second is the registry and legalization then the final is the payment.

so any client that i approve, will now face the second stage, which you dont need to tell them anything about our deal. just follow up the process, and you must be compensated. so my good friend, i just want you to be a happy person like others, who have receive the blessing from the gift of a billionaire who has no children and never wants his name to ever me mentioned. he only said this is what his god asked him to do.

So it is also an opportunity for me to help my self and family in life. if you are ready, i need your details Name, full address, phone numbers, passport or ID copy and the rest documents will be provided by me. but you will be the person to follow up the case. after i must have finish from my own department. but i will give you guide lines and instruction you must follow, so under 72 hours we will take the funds.

I wait to receive your details.

Yours sincerely,
Greg John
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: I just got the most elaborate e-mail Reply with quote

Send it with the complete headers to "abuse" and "postmaster" at the sender's end.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what winds me up is they're in a no lose scenario.

Send it out millions of times, and they are bound to get one vunerable or elderly person and hit the £££ jackpot.

Get found out and there's as much chance of facing consequences as being an assassin for putin.

Punishment should fit the crime, death penalty, prision, or be forced to watch one of Val's Pie Charts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, see one of Val's pie charts, or have their goolies chopped away. A hard choice.

Give them both, I say!

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 03 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind him up with some photoshopped docs. You might get him to walk all the way to wherever in bongobongoland his nearest Western Union is.

Post here after for Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 04 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I make a point never to post pictures of people on the internet, even scammers.

But I've decided to make an exception based on two facts
-This guy is clearly genuine, or so arrogant that he knows he cannot get doxxed or face consequences
-I've had a sh1t day, chasing up the DVLA and losing count of the number of times 'Coronavirus' and 'Social Distancing' was mentioned as an excuse for them not supplying me with documents.

I like the idea of photoshopping documents to send back, but I'm nowhere near skilled enough to be able to do that, anything someone can send me would be good!

So here, in all its glory, is the Canadian Greg John. Seems 100% legit to me.

Sick

Last edited by bhinso on 22:17 - 07 Sep 2020; edited 1 time in total

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 04 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm pretty busy at the moment, I might be able to help out with some Photoshop.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 05 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realise that Greg John is probably not the scammer, but just another victim of identity theft?

You might want to take down the pic of his stolen passport ...

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:00 - 05 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call Canada's London passport and consular serviceson 020 7004 6000 and have a chat. They might be interested in details of the possibly stolen/forged passport, and the use of it for fraud.

Give 'em a buzz and say what's happened, and tell them that you have been sent the image and details.

No harm in letting them know; possibly some benefit.

Email may be better, but it's good to chat.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't get through on the phone so I've reported it by e-mail, forwarded on the information and photo.

Strangely I'm now getting adverts for 'Canadian Passport Office' over my Facebook Shocked

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo, I've scanned my passport in to send to my new friend.

Not long till I get my millions
Dance!

https://i.imgur.com/QsiMHW3.jpg

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always worth noting that although the people sending the emails are the "foot soldiers", they are ultimately involved in organised crime - on that basis, tempting as it might be, I would recommend not communicating with them at all.

This is quite an amusing site where some individuals have gone to pretty extreme lengths to tease the scammers.

https://www.419eater.com/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 226 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1