Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dartford Tunnel Charge

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:48 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Dartford Tunnel Charge Reply with quote

Back in August I borrowed a van off a mate to collect something and needed to use the Dartford Tunnel. I never knew there was a charge. Went on a Sunday in July, collected what I needed to and all was good. The van belongs to a mates business, dropped van back to him day after, all good.

He was closed to Covid, apart from lending me the van his business stayed shut. Today he's gone back to find a letter demanding monies for the charge and then the charge that was ignored has increased, they said they sent a letter but he never received one. He got one letter, most recent and they want over £100. £100 for a poxy £3 crossing. I never knew there was a charge to be paid.

Anyone help or advise with this. There seems to be very little correspondence details on the letter, only a number thats automated to pay your fine.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 18:09 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: Dartford Tunnel Charge Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Dartford Tunnel. I never knew there was a charge..

Well thats a load of arse, I live by the tunnel. EVERY single board has the word dart charge on it, all saying pay by end of next day. I ride/drive under it every single day, have done for about 3 years. Only time its said anything else is when it said essential travel only in April.

It is WIDELY known to be a charge bearing tunnel and bridge.

Don't try to BS them Laughing just say you forgot to pay and borrowed a van.

It is literally all of the signage about 2 miles out and 2 miles past the tunnel Laughing

Towards bridge from Essex.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4827884,0.2671567,3a,43.1y,170.89h,84.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sQWA2oofYq7YkcySj-HC_pg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

After bridge from Essex.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4504963,0.2387466,3a,44.6y,211.87h,84.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2v9epQi-AYhYfJ-vrs26nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I suppose the big C on the floor and the signs just aren't enough?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4361122,0.2388851,3a,35.4y,167.92h,81.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1qNTqgnLYmOJJyE6epfP6g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Literally, if you are blind enough to not see the ample signage, please don't visit my area again, stay in Ratsville Tennessee.

TL;dr, you blind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:38 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's not exactly ambiguous. Apart from the signs the motorway matrix after the crossing is almost permanently set to "Pay Dart charge by midnight tomorrow"

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pay the goddam fine and try to avoid having your mate dropped more in the shit than you already have done.

Consider it a "poor obs tax".
Rolling Eyes

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: Dartford Tunnel Charge Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Well thats a load of arse, I live by the tunnel. EVERY single board has the word dart charge on it, all saying pay by end of next day.

I came in via M25 from M1 south. I can only assume maybe the signs were not illuminated that day or something, that blue one is easy to miss.

I've told them I tried to pay it and thought I did. I appealed and they said they would let me know within 56 days, I'm going to blame gov site for not processing my payment correctly. That's my plan. £100 my arse. Feed me for a month that would.

https://i.imgur.com/y5k01Sn.jpg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:49 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat inna roll? Ketchup is extra.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Rat inna roll? Ketchup is extra.

I'm tempted. They have had babies. Squeak squeak squeak all night behind the skirting boards. I am having a breakdown. If anyone has watched the new Lee Mack comedy; semi-detatched; that is how shit my life is right now. On par with that, maybe a bit worse.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:03 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: Dartford Tunnel Charge Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I came in via M25 from M1 south. I can only assume maybe the signs were not illuminated that day or something, that blue one is easy to miss.

It isn't easy to miss. There are loads. LOADS.

I even recorded my journey home today, weirdly, but I made a point to pass the obvious sign and try to avert my eyes elsewhere, I could not, I was reminded 7 times after joining the M25 to leaving before the tunnel.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the rage today.
OP and his stupid thread are not helping.
I'm coming out of this thread before I smash my own telly in a fit of King29-induced angst.

Some days, BCF feels like an episode of The Fast Show, and King29 is the BCF equivalent of Swiss Toni, the one whose face you just want to punch until it looks like a blue waffle.

Rolling Eyes

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:08 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I have the rage today.
OP and his stupid thread are not helping.
I'm coming out of this thread before I smash my own telly in a fit of King29-induced angst.

Some days, BCF feels like an episode of The Fast Show, and King29 is the BCF equivalent of Swiss Toni, the one whose face you just want to punch until it looks like a blue waffle.

Rolling Eyes

Come get a shoulder rub innit.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

#tempted Laughing

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
King29 is the BCF equivalent of Swiss Toni

Checking the details of a second-hand car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First of all, verify her year of origin. She may look like she rolled off the production line in 1990 but who's to say the fellow before you didn't give her a good spraying?

hellkat, if I was there with you, I'd pinch your cheek (face) wobble it a bit and say "Ah diddums!", then I'd slap you on the arse and tell you to make me a cup of tea. You'd feel better after that.

Women need a purpose in life.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 07 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/u9ZfSSr.gif

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:00 - 09 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live 250 miles away from Dartford in West wales. I know that there is a charge to use the tunnel/ bridge , I don't know how much , but I know I have to pay something. If you didn't know about it then it's like "welcome to our planet".

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:39 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

hellkat, if I was there with you, I'd pinch your cheek (face) wobble it a bit and say "Ah diddums!", then I'd slap you on the arse and tell you to make me a cup of tea. You'd feel better after that.

Women need a purpose in life.

Wub
A new BCF romance underway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:47 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I went over that bridge you threw coins in a basket. Laughing

Come on, everyone and the ship's cat knows there is a charge for the crossing. It pop's up in the news every so often when someone gets caught out and people moan what a sh1t system it is.

They should put your life story on East Enders or Corrie, except no one would believe it was realistic. Laughing

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:58 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shittest most unbelievable excuse ever. You'd have been better off saying you thought the thing was on Dart Charge, innocent mistake, etc.

Still hope you get away without paying the penalty.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:53 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me Kingy aka 'unluckiest man in the world'..

Was your life so full of mishaps before you joined BCF?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:23 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Yes, in a nutshell, yes. All that's missing in my life is the saying "Oooh Betty" just call me Frank Spencer.

Some men are lucky in love. Others are lucky in wealth, some are unlucky in both #me.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
A100man wrote:

Yes, in a nutshell, yes. All that's missing in my life is the saying "Oooh Betty" just call me Frank Spencer.

Some men are lucky in love. Others are lucky in wealth, some are unlucky in both #me.

You are Unlucky Alf and ICMFP.....oh bugger

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

You are Unlucky Alf and ICMFP.....oh bugger

I'd send it to you, except it'd probably get lost in the post.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:27 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:

I'm still sticking grimly to my "don't date bros from forums" rule, else I'd be over there like a rat up a ... oh wait ... Thinking

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:32 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
doggone wrote:

I'm still sticking grimly to my "don't date bros from forums" rule, else I'd be over there like a rat up a ... oh wait ... Thinking

I'd be up for an affair. In the bedroom last night she takes one look at my winky and says "Who you gonna make cum with that little thing", I retort "ME!".

I do snore and sometimes don't wipe my arse properly before coming to bed. There has been the odd stain or 3 of you get my drift. I also need to get up 2 or 3 times in the night for a piss. If you are happy with that HK, then we good.

P.S

I like my bacon extra crispy in the morning with red sauce and lightly buttered bread. Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:42 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

*flips thumb to the back of the queue*
Take a number.
Wink
*mwah*

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 10 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
I like my bacon extra crispy in the morning with red sauce and lightly buttered bread. Thumbs Up

Lightly buttered? Pfft. Hellkat, you can do so much better.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3