Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

BEDTIME STORY FOR ALL YOU NAUGHTY BIKERS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

detainer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:30 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: BEDTIME STORY FOR ALL YOU NAUGHTY BIKERS Reply with quote

Are well all sitting comfortably??...OK......

Once upon a time an old biker who lived in a land by the sea decided to go on a trip to a foreign place to buy a lovely shiny bike called Yamaha.

After a long voyage ( 30 mins) he arrived in the foreign land ( Preston) and went into the shop that sold the Yamaha. The shop was called Shorr....( no better not say the actual name just in case!!)

Despite the fact that there were notices about wearing masks and a one way system in place he was dismayed to see none of the staff bothering to follow their own rules. He assumed that the bad coronaviry-arse darent cum into the shop with the tough guys who were in there.

The conversation went a bit like this.....
OM ( old man) Hi, can i get a better look at the XJ6 please?
PYA. ( pleasant young assistant).... yes sure.

The PYA goes to the bike and eases it out of line a little so the Om can get around it a bit more then retreats back to his desk to contimue polishing his chair seat.

The old man gets on the bike, seats not all that comfortable but I can sort that out and the gear lever is a bit of a bitch to get at but i suppose I'll get used to that too. He goes back to the PYA and says'...... Is the price of the Yam negotiable?
PYA..... How negotiable do you want it?
OM.... Very negotiable please.
PYA.... What would you LIKE to pay for it?
OM.... I'd LIKE to pay 25 quid but i dont suppose that will do?

PYM looks horrified.......

OM... well you did ask what I'd LIKE to pay but youve got it down at 3500....so how about 3250?
PYM ( thinks)..... Cant do it for 3250.....
OM OK what about 3300? CASH or CARD. NO PX, NO FINANCE right now on the table?
PYM (Thinks)..........and (Thinks)
OM ( feeling he might as well risk it adds).... DELIVERED ?

PYM. how far?
OM...20 miles ( 20 .2 actually according to the milometer in the car)

PYM.. cant do a FOC delivery for 3300.
OM... so what the cost of delivery?
PYM... Id have yo charge you 50 quid!
OM... what for 20 miles?

Having used couriers etc several times before the Om knows the charge is usually £1 per mile one way, some charge £1-50 per mile one way. And this guy wants £2-50 per mile.

OM... bit pricey isnt it?
PYM... well if i have to sent a mechanic then his time charged at £50 per hour.
OM.......... Well don't sent a mechanic !!!

At which point the now not so pleasant young man retreats to behind his desk to sulk and continue polishing!

Now had to PYM softened a little and said 20 or even 30 quid the OM would probably have smiled to himself and said aye, Ok then. but he objected just as a matter of principal not to get shafted like that and as a consequence Shorrocks....( Damn i said i wouldn't mention any names) lost a potential sale of £ 3330 and a future customer in all expectations.

Which begs the question WHY would he need to send a skilled mechanic to do a simple delivery?
We pay for a mechanic because of his knowledge , skill and ability and Im not too sure just how much KNOWLEDGE , SKILL AND ABILITY is required to drive a van 20 miles ( & back)

I hope youve all enjoyed this little bedtime story and dont have too many nightmares.....be good children and ride safe...

NIGHTY - NIGHT from the Old Man who lives by the sea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:34 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you meet disagreeable people a lot? Like multiple times a day?

I could understand this story then if that's the case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

detainer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 13:41 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: MarJay Reply with quote

Whats not to understand?

Its merely a humorous? attempt to describe what happened to me yesterday.
I do not meet disagreeable people multiple times a day and in fact i think I'm actually pretty easy going .
If its touched a raw nerve or something then you have my sincere apology.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why could it not be ridden home?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:51 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of what the dealership said was particularly unreasonable, nor out of line with what dealers and salespeople are like.

The whole "I can get X cheaper elsewhere" is heard by salespeople every day, and usually by people who don't have a clue. This is the kind of thing that might happen to me, and I might be slightly irked by it, but going to the effort of translating it into a bedtime story and posting it on BCF indicates it hit a nerve with you.

I occasionally have people do things on the road that miff me or whatever, but I don't post about it unless it's particularly egregious. I feel like this is the same sort of thing.

TL;DR - "Motorcycle dealers want to make money and sometimes they can be a bit awkward when doing so."

*shrug*

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I enjoyed the story. Could have done with some wizards and dragons though.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my brother lived in Buckshaw I had many pleasent visits to Shorrocks.
Bro bought a ZXR400 for his Mrs from there, got a couple of hundred knocked off and delivered the same day.

You obviously have one of those faces.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

detainer
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 14:18 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: BEDTIME STORY FOR ALL YOU NAUGHTY BIKERS Reply with quote

First it could have been and would have been ridden home except for the fact of my having a broken wrist at the time.
Secondly I never once asked or mentioned getting '' X'' cheaper elsewhere.
I only asked about delivery as a bit of a cheeky afterthought.
I know a bit about business , salespeople, sales practice and profit and loss having run my own company with reasonably success for 44 years.

Now if you slap my legs I'll go and sit on the naughty step for an hour.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my Mille R from Robinsons, they knocked money off, delivered for free, and gave me heavily discounted accessories too.

How's that for a bedtime story?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:32 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

I prefer the ones that feature hot birds with big tits and a shaved vag.

And a liking for anal.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:34 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Nobby's sister?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:37 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Mrs Nobby's sister?

Small tits, big arse and a bigger belly than you.

Apparently she does have a shaved vag (according to brother in law) but the shitter is a no go zone (also according to brother in law)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:47 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Rolling Eyes How rude!

I must have not been paying enough attention four years ago or whenever it was that I met her. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:55 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Rolling Eyes How rude!

I must have not been paying enough attention four years ago or whenever it was that I met her. Laughing

Shes put on a load of weight over the last couple of years. Even mrs bastard reckons shes a pig.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

I prefer the ones that feature hot birds with big tits and a shaved vag.

And a liking for anal.

and wizards and dragons. And witches with dirty minds.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,
we go from a last of the summer wine type tale
to lurid sexual content in one page eh?

Who said BCF is broken?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who said BCF is broken?

Agreed, I haven't read the OP's story, yet here I am adding to this fine forum. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
I haven't read the OP's story

Wait till bedtime.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:19 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I remember about last of the summer wine is compo's fetish for nora!s wrinkly stockings.

I still prefer shaved vag.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
All I remember about last of the summer wine is compo's fetish for nora!s wrinkly stockings.

I still prefer shaved vag.

To Nora's wrinkly stockings? Even shaved veg would do.

OP needs to take criticism into account and rewrite Drooling

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short, £3300 was the shop's bottom line.

A couple of good moves in there: polishing the armchair and coming up with the mechanic delivery story. I can understand both sides: the old man wants to be respected ("don't treat me like an idiot and lie to me - I've been around a while") and the young man doesn't really care about anything but the sale, he has the bottom line for the XJ6 in his head and he does what he was trained to do.

If you think about it, there's nothing new in this story.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: BEDTIME STORY FOR ALL YOU NAUGHTY BIKERS Reply with quote

detainer wrote:
Once upon a time

Go lower than you want to pay first, you can always grudgingly go up after. Try and get anything that they will give you and can deal with "in the business".

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think you offered too little of a drop.

I would have dropped to £2.5 and worked back up, but I would have been pissed off to get as high as £3k.

Ok probably I wouldn't but hey ... Fantasy Haggling.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:17 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
and dragons

https://www.draconic.com/

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:23 - 12 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
and dragons

https://www.draconic.com/

Nope, no idea.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 228 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2