Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Zoe ball - your havin a larf

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

toby1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:54 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Zoe ball - your havin a larf Reply with quote

So last year Ms Ball was on £300k+ salary.

This year she has had a pay rise of £1M taking her to £1.3M+ just for being an annoying squeaky talentless bimbo for a couple of hours in the morning.

What a fuckup of licence payers money.......... Twisted Evil

Last edited by toby1 on 12:34 - 16 Sep 2020; edited 1 time in total

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:07 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: Zoe ball - your havin a larf Reply with quote

toby1 wrote:

This year she has had a pay rise of £1M taking her to £1.3M+ just for being an annoying squeaky talenless bimbo for a couple of hours in the morning.

Well, that gender pay gap isn't going to close itself, so what do we do - we take the money from the male patriarchy (our Gary) and give it to the more deserving females.

Or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:11 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but Gary has had a 25% cut.

So now he's just a CUN.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:20 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'talent' pay is a drop in the ocean for the BBC. It's hardly a high proportion of their costs. If they can negotiate that level of pay? Good for them. If the BBC think it's worth spending the money to get that talent and that talent will draw in the listeners and viewers to justify the money then great.

It's not like a commercial channel where you don't have to justify it so much, there is so much governance and analysis involved it's unreal. The pearl clutching by the press is pretty much just an Anti BBC stance, and it's actually rather sad.

The BBC does provide a service that commercial channels cannot but I'm sure I'll have plenty of people coming out of the woodwork to tell me I'm wrong so I'll leave it there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
If the BBC think it's worth spending the money to get that talent and that talent will draw in the listeners and viewers to justify the money then great.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/may/14/zoe-balls-bbc-radio-2-show-loses-a-million-listeners

Quote:
Zoe Ball’s BBC Radio 2 show has lost 1 million weekly listeners since she replaced Chris Evans as presenter of the UK’s most popular breakfast show.

Ball, who admitted in a recent interview that losing listeners is something she “takes completely to heart”, has seen her audience decline dramatically since Evans’ departure. He broadcast his final show on Christmas Eve 2018, and is now at Virgin Radio.

Ball drew an average of 8.1 million weekly listeners to her breakfast show in the first quarter of this year, compared with the 9.1 million listeners Evans attracted in the final quarter of 2018.

If talent were rewarded with pay then she'd have taken a pay cut for depleting listener numbers surely?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:50 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
If talent were rewarded with pay then she'd have taken a pay cut for depleting listener numbers surely?

It depends if they have other reasons to think she's worth it? I can't imagine that her pay is in ANY way comparable to Chris "I own the most expensive car ever sold" Evans.

I don't have a deep understanding of the BBC processes, but what I do know is that they DO Have processes.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:53 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
arry wrote:

It depends if they have other reasons to think she's worth it? I can't imagine that her pay is in ANY way comparable to Chris "I own the most expensive car ever sold" Evans.

She's been given a pay rise so that her salary now surpasses that of Chris Evans for the same position, despite being evidently less effective in the role.

I'm not sure what other measure of 'usefulness' you can apply to radio presenting when the entire point is to provide content that listeners would wish to listen to. Can you think of any?

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
The 'talent' pay is a drop in the ocean for the BBC. It's hardly a high proportion of their costs. If they can negotiate that level of pay? Good for them. If the BBC think it's worth spending the money to get that talent and that talent will draw in the listeners and viewers to justify the money then great.

It's not like a commercial channel where you don't have to justify it so much, there is so much governance and analysis involved it's unreal. The pearl clutching by the press is pretty much just an Anti BBC stance, and it's actually rather sad.

The BBC does provide a service that commercial channels cannot but I'm sure I'll have plenty of people coming out of the woodwork to tell me I'm wrong so I'll leave it there.

I can't think of anything in particular that the BBC gives me that I don't get from commercial tv, radio or subscription services.

Ah yes - left wing propaganda.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:52 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote with your feet. BBC gets no revenue from me. Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:08 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:

I don't really wish to turn this into another 'how do you avoid paying the licence fee' but..... how do you avoid paying the licence fee?

Honestly, I can't think that we watch more than 5 hours telly a week anyway, and short of Mrs Arry sticking Radio1 on in the morning when she's getting ready I can't think of any BBC services we're using.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:20 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
how do you avoid paying the licence fee?

It's easy, all you have to do is not pay them.

Do not respond to any of their letters.

Do not get into any conversations with them.

Completely ignore them and everything relating to them.

Job's a good'un. Thumbs Up

Don't try and be a smart arse as people who do that are the ones who they bother to get warrants for and turn with police on their door.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then, they're likely to turn up at the door? As long as you're polite they turn up once and never come back?

Mrs Arry would definitely spew her guts Laughing

So it's fair to say their 'detection methods' are utter horseshit then?

Just researching all this stuff has led me to an article that says women are 70% odd percent of the people convicted and that's well sexist mate Laughing Yeah, sexist that they're sat on their arse watching daytime TV whilst the bloke's out working Laughing

weasley
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:37 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all seem to have overlooked Zoe's role in Strictly - It Takes Two. Y'didn't see Ego Evans on that now, did you? Tut Tut

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 13:39 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that their detection methods are technologically possible. I also know that they wouldn't be cost effective in any sort of bulk use. The sort to reserve for a tricky court case where you want to make an example.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio 2 is for cunts anyway.
Like the fuckin Daily Mail
Only with music.
Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:48 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've turned up here a few times, put a bit of paper through the door saying "we called today to help you start watching tv legally blah blah blah but you were out" and one of the times I was quick enough to catch the person who delivered it.

Turned out that whatever company it is that get paid to go around reading peoples electric and gas meters are also paid to deliver those letters.

IMO if Capita (the goons who the BBC pay to enforce tv license rules / threaten little old ladies) have reason to bother turning up at your door then you must have got into some type of conversation with them already by phone or by filling stuff in one their website. Do not get into any conversation or communicate with them in anyway. Let them use their limited resources against other people. If for some reason their goons show up on your doorstep then all you need to do is politely close the door, much the same as you would with any other door to door sales person trying to flog crap that you neither want nor need.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:05 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Kris wrote:

I don't really wish to turn this into another 'how do you avoid paying the licence fee' but..... how do you avoid paying the licence fee?

I don't have a television and I don't listen to the radio, so quite easy to fill out their online form - it took 5 minutes to declare that I'm not using their services. No-one has bothered to come round after 2 years.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:47 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont care, I stopped paying BBC fatcats in 1998.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:49 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Radio 2 is for cunts anyway.
Like the fuckin Daily Mail
Only with music.
Rolling Eyes

And Jeremy Vine. I'd love to see him get hit by a car. Repeatedly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:28 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is great.

I love the BBC and I hate the BBC.

The list of their ground-breaking shows is vast in the Radio side of things alone.

Their 'news' mediums have always been lacking in conviction and often credibility, albeit marginally better than many others.

If community is still a thing then 'they' contribute and support it even if it has little to zero value for 95% of the punters. I like that...I have a soft-spot for niche.

The negatives range from nitpicking about their _____off shows and the amount of vacuous content used as general bland fodder for cattle.

Then Bam! they'll drop a superb series that gets emulated the world over and more often the case propels some show-off to cocaine oblivion in 5 years. BRILLIANT! Very Happy Then the 'How I beat Coke and Whores' by That smarmy bloke follow-up special....at bleedin' Christmas which won't be worth having on.anyway.

I suspect I'm one of the few who still sees a value in a crumbling corporation.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 16 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way the BBC could deal with losses in Radio 2 listeners is bring back Wogan.

Oh wait, they can't.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 18 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: Zoe ball - your havin a larf Reply with quote

toby1 wrote:

This year she has had a pay rise of £1M taking her to £1.3M+ just for being an annoying squeaky talentless bimbo for a couple of hours in the morning.

Quite.. and where exactly do you think the adulterous, voice slurping tart would be without Johnny (think of a number) Ball and Norman Fat Boy to propel her worthless career?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:14 - 18 Sep 2020    Post subject: Re: Zoe ball - your havin a larf Reply with quote

A100man wrote:
Quite.. and where exactly do you think the adulterous, voice slurping tart would be without Johnny (think of a number) Ball and Norman Fat Boy to propel her worthless career?

Kids TV.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:28 - 18 Sep 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Zoe going to take in a refugee?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2