Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Line 6 Toneport KB37..... HEEEELLLLPPPP

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:58 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Line 6 Toneport KB37..... HEEEELLLLPPPP Reply with quote

Working in a recycling centre I sometimes find interesting looking stuff, last night I kicked a box and it turns out it contained one of these:

https://www.instituteofnoise.com/pics/kb37.jpg

I've installed the drivers, plugged it in to a USB port and it lights up, I've plugged in a guitar and nothing happens.

So in single syllable words, anyone know what I need to do/buy/download/sacrafice to get this to make noises?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:08 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was at a recycling centre because it’s broken?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:46 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my line6 stuff needed a licence.

This might differ but yeah, assuming it's located it in device manager...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:30 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my toneport won't work without a cable running from the audio output of the toneport to a set of speakers, maybe it's the case with this one too.

ಠ_ಠ

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:48 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot going on in that unit! I'd start by firing up anything that can take MIDI input. I use Kontakt but I'm sure there are plenty of free offerings out there.

Have you had a look at Line 6's downloads page?

https://line6.com/software/index.html

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:58 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Fisty - it all lights up, I can pass sound through it to my amp from the PC, the gauges move with the sound going through it etc.... that and the amount of stuff that gets binned because it's old is unreal.

@ Paddy - took me a second or two to find it in device manager, (thought it would have been in USB devices, turns out it was in Sound, video and game controllers).

@ Fret - at the moment I only have 1 working guitar lead, (plugged from device to amp allowed a youtube video to be heard through the amp), so I'll get another one on Tuesday.... although plugging my headphones in doesn't do much either.

@Easy - yes I looked on their site, that's where I got the drivers from, it seems that not a lot is available to download though

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:42 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

andym wrote:
@Easy - yes I looked on their site, that's where I got the drivers from, it seems that not a lot is available to download though

Accounts and licence is why sadly.

You'd need the software to actually make it work, otherwise it is just going to be pass through sound.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 11 Oct 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's an obsolete model you would think there might be a way to run it on pirated software and firmware crack.
Hmm.
https://line6.com/support/topic/5226-gearbox-is-dead-what-a-shame/page/2/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 191 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1