Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The United States Presidential election thread.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:11 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

The state of Georgia arbitrarily changed state law on signature verification of absentee ballots via a March 2020 judicial consent decree with Georgia Democrats — without ever going to the state legislature.

You might want to find out what a judicial (order) consent decree is, as it requires opposing parties.
Knowing this, who do you think the Democrats opposition were. I'll give you a clue, it wasn't the flying spaghetti monster. Rolling Eyes

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:20 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I don't think Trump should be impeached. Just rejected by all. Impeachment I feel will only keep wounds open, and continue to stir up enmity. Don't we want to move on? Doesn't Biden really mean his desire for unity?

Agreed, it is a seemingly pointless exercise as time scales mean that he'd be gone before the process was finished.
We have to ask ourselves if it's worth our while giving him a travel allowance of a million bucks a year for life, a 200k/year pension or the ability to run for office again, I'll begrudgingly admit that he'll probably need his round the clock security detail, at least until he gets a round the clock prison security detail. Laughing
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Rebel This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:51 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
OK pedant, here is the evidence once again as to why the Georgia recount was worthless.
Perhaps this time you can explain why it isn't credible other than you don't approve of the publisher.

https://visiontimes.com/2020/11/15/georgia-recount-useless-without-robust-audits-republicans.html

Let us assume that Georgia was to get the audit the Republicans called for, what do you think it would achieve?
Would you suddenly believe the oft already debunked impossible mathematical statistic that Trump received no votes in some counties. I would explain to you that people who voted only for Trump and no down ticket candidates was incredibly low (which is actually a good sign of an electorate who is engaged at all levels) and that there was a large number of people who voted for Biden without voting for down ticket candidates was incredibly high ( needless to say, a bad sign that you have an electorate who doesn't bother to vote for their local candidates, which suits the racists who like to keep local politics all white. )

Do you think that there are seriously enough signatures that passed initial verification procedures and would fail subsequent clarification, if anything I'd have thought that check and trace would reveal more ballots that are valid but were rejected at the time, than it would throw out those which have already passed initial verification.

If you want to be outraged, make it about the fact that Georgia throws high numbers of eligible voters off it's lists with checking that they are still eligible.
Be outraged that polling stations have been closed in poorer areas, where folks can't travel very far.
Be outraged that you can vote without fear of intimidation while some of your countrymen can't.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:57 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

Uniparty traitors notwithstanding, because Dem's v Reps is mostly kabuki theatre, as we have just witnessed, bypassing the state legislature is unconstitutional.

If you don't like your Republican overlords YOU do something about it because you can rest assured that I didn't put them there. Laughing

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:24 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is evil!, she is!

See that plastic straw stickin out the cup?
you could have somebodys eye out with that.

For all we know that cup's got the blood of innocents in it too
and for further proof if any were needed, she's not wearing her mask properly
Evil.
Evil Evil Evil

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRw7jqYC/lady.jpg

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:35 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:
No down ticket votes is an indication of fraud.

How do you work that out?
The majority of Republican voters voted for whoever they could in every race possible.
A large part of the electorate feels so disenfranchised that they just don't bother to vote - my brother in law is one, you'll be happy to learn that he's a pro-Trumper, anti Biden, anti Obama but you'll be not so happy to learn that he just can't be bothered to vote. He isn't the only one, I meet many people on both sides of the political spectrum who just don't get involved.
Unfortunately for you, Trump was deemed so repugnacious to so many sections of society that people were driven to vote (both for and) against him in numbers never seen before but some of them didn't feel strongly enough to vote for their local candidates because they didn't think it would make any difference to them.
I think it bloody marvelous that my own county had a 79.4% turnout, that is a great sign of an electorate that is engaged, odd that Republicans (or Democrats) don't shout about that despite the fact that Trump received fewer votes than the local congressman, that Democrats mailed in more ballots than Republicans and that it's run by a Republican supervisor, oh that's why - the Republicans/Trump won.
As an American, you should be proud that your choice of president motivated so many people to turn out who would have otherwise stayed at home and just mumbled about the eventual outcome.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:42 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
She is evil!, she is!

See that plastic straw stickin out the cup?
you could have somebodys eye out with that.

For all we know that cup's got the blood of innocents in it too
and for further proof if any were needed, she's not wearing her mask properly
Evil.
Evil Evil Evil

https://i.postimg.cc/ZRw7jqYC/lady.jpg

And more importantly than someone's eye, she might get her symbol of freedumb covered in whatever sugary, sticky, gunk she deigns fit to drink, absolute bloody sacrilege. It's bad enough that Coke and Pepsi monopolise the drinks industry as it is without having to endure their muck on our flag... Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

It's a Falun Gong mouthpiece with about as much credibility as most of the other sites you repost so fervently.

[i]"In 2020, an Australian Broadcasting Corporation investigation said it found evidence that Vision China Times "is closely affiliated with the religious group Falun Gong, a new religious movement that seeks to bring an end to the rule of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)"

I could get on board with that.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
I don't think Trump should be impeached. Just rejected by all. Impeachment I feel will only keep wounds open, and continue to stir up enmity. Don't we want to move on? Doesn't Biden really mean his desire for unity?

Agreed, it is a seemingly pointless exercise as time scales mean that he'd be gone before the process was finished.
We have to ask ourselves if it's worth our while giving him a travel allowance of a million bucks a year for life, a 200k/year pension or the ability to run for office again, I'll begrudgingly admit that he'll probably need his round the clock security detail, at least until he gets a round the clock prison security detail. Laughing

If he was taken to a state with the death penalty (there are still some, aren't there?), you could eradicate the problem forever Thumbs Up
Aternatively, he could be paraded on tv in whatever the most undignified manner that can be thought of is, to help heal the debilitating wounds he has caused. Revenge is sweet, and think of all he has done to you! Blood must be spilled!

It would be worth looking at what other regimes have done in the past to deposed leaders they have hated. Many to choose from: Gadaffi, Saddam Hussein, the Russian Tsarsists (and anybody else who even mildly questioned Stalin's righteousness - that's it! A show trial, followed by public execution! Very Happy ). Failing all that, I'm sure the Democrats have someone with a vivid enough imagination - let AOC do her worst!

And of course, you can't stop at just Trump. 74 million people voted for him - there's a huge pool of slave labour right there! Who needs the Chinese? Very Happy

Get on Twitter and call for it to make sure it happens!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

Presumably MAGA wants a return to the good old days where one man sits on an over-sized chair with a ludicrous headpiece covering his dodgy comb-over hairstyle and proclaiming what is to be and what is not? Laughing

This is the man we want:

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/ix4ykAvL1Jlo/v1/1000x-1.jpg

Thumbs Up

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bloke looks a little too 'staged' to be a random hillbilly pig-fucker. He has all his teeth and someone has taken care with his costume. I suspect he was hired to become the face of a movement...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good dentistry is misogynist, racist fascism.

How's the Cadbury's Roses tin working for you?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research (shock, horror! it's a thing.) With regards to Georgia and changing the laws on [no excuse] absentee ballots: yes, yes they did...

In 2005 Rolling Eyes

Back then the tendency was for DNC supports to schlep up to polling stations and GOP supporters to want to post-a-vote. I assume the former were seen as workshy layabouts with plenty of free time and the latter too busy to pull themselves away from their small businesses (backbone of 'murica and all that.) Alternatively, the former are in the cities and therefore accessing a polling station would be no hardship whereas the latter are all hicks out in the sticks and probably have 10 miles of travel just to get to the end of the drive.

Anyhoo, we then get onto the argument about photo IDs. The Red ppl wanted more security (e.g. driving licence) and the Blue ppl wanted less. It was argued that the poor (i.e. black people) were less likely to have such things and therefore a barrier to enfranchisement. Before anyone wants to bang on about this point we don't have such a requirement in UK elections and we seem to do reasonably well. Again, this was settled by the courts back in 2006 I think.

Fast forward to 2020 and the Blue ppl are utilising the laws made by the Red ppl to their own advantage. Quite often I've argued that the Democrats have set a precedent that the Republicans have then followed but the boot's on the other foot with this one.

Again, the butt-hurt due to being politically outmanoeuvred - hoisted by one's own petard, in this case - and again, the message the electorate are just pieces to arrange on the chessboard of politics.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of crazy fascists trying to make sense of stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJdjO0fD4E

I mean, get real! You've been given the narrative, what more do you want?!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:38 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel wrote:

March 2020 is the most recent amendment, and unconstitutionally, i.e. without resort to the state legislature.

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2020/07/GA-Settlement-1.pdf#page=3

Other news: Apple has removed Parler from the app store and Amazon have pulled the plug on their servers to protect democracy.
Trump supporters/domestic terrorists are also banned from owning pigeons in case they try to communicate.

I'm not surprised that a commercial enterprise would want to remove an app that's associated with crap like this:

"Parler is known for its far-right and alt-right,[13] antisemitic,[20] anti-feminist,[46] and Islamophobic content.[46] Many posts on Parler contain misinformation and conspiracy theories.[24] Parler has said they will not fact check posts on the platform, a decision BBC News says has allowed misinformation to spread more easily on the platform than on mainstream social networks. In particular, BBC News noted the presence of posts spreading the QAnon conspiracy theory, as well as misinformation surrounding the 2020 US presidential election, COVID-19, child trafficking, and vaccines.[6] The Verge noted in November 2020 that Parler had become a "central hub" for the Stop the Steal conspiracy theory relating to the 2020 US presidential election.[69] The Forward and The Bulwark observed the presence of antisemitic conspiracy theories as well as others.[8][10] Parler CEO John Matze told The Forward he was unaware of antisemitic content on Parler, but was unsurprised that it was there. He believes removing hateful content only further radicalizes people, saying, "If you're going to fight these peoples' views, they need to be out in the open.... Don't force these people into the corners of the internet where they're not going to be able to be proven wrong."[8] Extremism expert Chip Berlet said of Matze's opinions on hateful content: "I think he's full of it.... I think he knows exactly what he's creating, he's encouraging people who basically don't like other folks in the country... it's balogna, this is a place for people to fester in their own bigotry."[8] Political scientist Alison Dagnes has said of Parler's stance on speech on the platform: "I don't think you can have it both ways.... There is no such thing as civilized hate speech."[8]"

Sounds delightful, doesn't it? While I'm all for freedom of speech myself I accept the responsibility that goes with it. The people posting that crap on parler clearly don't. Rolling Eyes

Oh and regarding Georgia's voting systems, Republican judges threw the cases out as baseless. Laughing Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:21 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
The Forward and The Bulwark observed the presence of antisemitic conspiracy theories

The Labour Party are on Parler? I missed that one!

Islander, without people and their conspiracy theories, you'd have to get a life Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:26 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oco1z45o0Vs

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:
The Forward and The Bulwark observed the presence of antisemitic conspiracy theories

The Labour Party are on Parler? I missed that one!

Islander, without people and their conspiracy theories, you'd have to get a life Laughing

Hush now, it's a bit of light relief and you know it Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

Hush now, it's a bit of light relief and you know it Razz

Folded arms I know no such thing!

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
mentalboy wrote:

Presumably MAGA wants a return to the good old days where one man sits on an over-sized chair with a ludicrous headpiece covering his dodgy comb-over hairstyle and proclaiming what is to be and what is not? Laughing

This is the man we want:

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/ix4ykAvL1Jlo/v1/1000x-1.jpg

Thumbs Up

Pick again, the Feds have got that one. Laughing

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 10 Jan 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

If he was taken to a state with the death penalty (there are still some, aren't there?), you could eradicate the problem forever Thumbs Up
Aternatively, he could be paraded on tv in whatever the most undignified manner that can be thought of is, to help heal the debilitating wounds he has caused. Revenge is sweet, and think of all he has done to you! Blood must be spilled!

It would be worth looking at what other regimes have done in the past to deposed leaders they have hated. Many to choose from: Gadaffi, Saddam Hussein, the Russian Tsarsists (and anybody else who even mildly questioned Stalin's righteousness - that's it! A show trial, followed by public execution! Very Happy ). Failing all that, I'm sure the Democrats have someone with a vivid enough imagination - let AOC do her worst!

And of course, you can't stop at just Trump. 74 million people voted for him - there's a huge pool of slave labour right there! Who needs the Chinese? Very Happy

Get on Twitter and call for it to make sure it happens!

Huh, I'd never thought about that, I was just saying that there are enough nutcases on both sides that he'd probably do well to have a security detail.
It takes a right wing mind to come up with the idea of the death penalty, quite ironic considering that in the US it's the God fearing 'thou shalt not kill' brigade who bat loudest for the death penalty. You wouldn't even have to take him to a state as the Trump administration has recently thought fit to start executing federal prisoners again, they managed to execute more prisoners last year than the US feds managed to execute between 1950 and 2003, must make you feel really proud getting rid of all that scum.
As it appears to be something you've given some thought to, what spurious trumped up charges could we bring about to get rid of Trump in the manner you describe?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 63 of 79